Lovely Winter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone getting much snow? Maybe you can even post a photo for us?

I'm not in snow country but always love to see a Winter scene. I grew up in Pennsylvania so guess that's why I love to see snowy scenery.

Here is a Christmas-y scene I use for wallpaper.

2668758-bigthumbnail.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been quite a green winter for us. We did get about 10 inches a few weeks back but, not much since and I DO live in ski country so, thinking this might be the calm before the storm :eek:.

Here's a pic of where I lived about 14 years back, and I am now minutes away from there...this was the beginning of a storm, upon waking, it was knee deep in the morning. Most of the pics I had of there went away along with the dilapidated computer I had then :confused:

Attachments

• WEST FALLS 1.jpg
    WEST FALLS 1.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 6

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We had a sprinkling of snow on Dec 2nd. We don't usually get much here. There was one year though when it snowed just before Christmas and it took my son-in-law and hour to do a twenty minute journey.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's El Nino this year and it's supposed to be stong. So far (knock on wood) it doesn't look like it will snow for Christmas. If it does I will try to post pictures. But on normal years we get about a foot of snow which last for a week to two weeks. Pacific Northwest here.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been quite a green winter for us. We did get about 10 inches a few weeks back but, not much since and I DO live in ski country so, thinking this might be the calm before the storm :eek:.

Here's a pic of where I lived about 14 years back, and I am now minutes away from there...this was the beginning of a storm, upon waking, it was knee deep in the morning. Most of the pics I had of there went away along with the dilapidated computer I had then :confused:
What a pretty photo, Nancy. If you get more snow, please post some pics.

Here is another pretty Christmas wallpaper I have.

2584768-bigthumbnail.jpg

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a chance of snow today, but going to be in the 50's on Christmas.. I lived in Boston Mass and Sault Ste Marie when I was in the military. and we measured snow in feet. not inches.. I will see if I can find some old pics when I get home tomorrow and take a snap and post them..

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ooo, pretty!

I'm not in snow country but always love to see a Winter scene. I grew up in Pennsylvania so guess that's why I love to see snowy scenery.

Since Deb lives in SoCal, Nancy, do you have any pictures that show icy steps, guys shoveling two feet of snow off their driveways, snow drifts blocking your garage door, dirty piles of snow plowed up over the sidewalks, cars that slid off the road into a ditch, three car pileups on the highway...?

Show her what winter up North is REALLY like. The romance of snow wears off on Day 2.

• Haha

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ooo, pretty!

Since Deb lives in SoCal, Nancy, do you have any pictures that show icy steps, guys shoveling two feet of snow off their driveways, dirty snow drifts plowed up over the sidewalks, cars that slid off the road into a ditch, three car pileups on the highway...?

The romance of snow wears off on Day 2.
My house has 20 steps up from the pavement to the front door. When it snows and is walked on then freezes the snow become compacted and icy and dangerous. In previous years when I was younger I was able to clear the snow while it was still virgin and sprinkle salt to stop it freezing. I can no longer do that, but there again I rarely go out any more.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooo, pretty!

Since Deb lives in SoCal, Nancy, do you have any pictures that show icy steps, guys shoveling two feet of snow off their driveways, snow drifts blocking your garage door, dirty piles of snow plowed up over the sidewalks, cars that slid off the road into a ditch, three car pileups on the highway...?

Show her what winter up North is REALLY like. The romance of snow wears off on Day 2.
I hear Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where I grew up is getting milder Winters now.

However, I can remember waiting for the bus to go to school and I would be freezing!
There was a stone bus shelter but it still was cold.

Once the snow was so bad that the busses couldn't get through. The high school let us out early. We were so cold. Finally one of the mothers came and drove some of us home. This was before cell phones, maybe the school phoned her.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once the snow was so bad that the busses couldn't get through. The high school let us out early. We were so cold. Finally one of the mothers came and drove some of us home. This was before cell phones, maybe the school phoned her.
I grew up in Colorado. Similar situation there. Some of the students lived up in the canyons, and those roads become impassible pretty quickly.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hear Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where I grew up is getting milder Winters now.

However, I can remember waiting for the bus to go to school and I would be freezing!
There was a stone bus shelter but it still was cold.

Reminded me of that Guy Mitchell song about the pawn shop on the corner. Wonder if it's still there.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have had only a couple of "storms", having a green winter! BUT, when rising this morning, there was SOME snow so I took pics.

Attachments

• 20231219_085014.jpg
    20231219_085014.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20231219_085112.jpg
    20231219_085112.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231219_085035.jpg
    20231219_085035.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 1