Luke 5:17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm…that discussion isn’t allowed here. Has to be discussed in non Christian rooms. I’m not going to respond and have it go where they’ve said not to go.
edit: that was in response to post #16
What discussion are you talking about? I am talking about the man-Jesus? Are you sure that you open a topic to get biblical answers, or to provoke others to answer you with the Bible to accuse them of "prohibited" answers?

If that's the case, you shouldn't have even started the topic. I have answered exactly what you asked.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t start the topic…

And I’m not the one who made the rule about no debate on the trinity doctrine and no debate on “Jesus is not God.”

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t start the topic…

And I’m not the one who made the rule about no debate on the trinity doctrine and no debate on “Jesus is not God.”
I understand what you say, but think again: I was talking about Jesus being a man, and trinitarians believe he had "also" that nature ... Actually, they think he still has that nature besides another one.

You talked in your first post about Jesus needing "the power from God" to heal, so that power was not his own. A trinitarian wold tell you the same I am telling you: that was because when he was healing others, he needed the spirit that only God can give to him, because he was a man healing others, like any other prophet before. I am identifing his human nature with the facts recorded in the Scriptures. Like here, again:

John 5:18 This is why the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.
19 Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever thin.gs that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner. 20 For the Father has affection for the Son and shows him all the things he himself does, and he will show him works greater than these, so that you may marvel.

Others would tell you that he is speaking out of his human nature ... same I am telling you. Talking about Jesus' human nature is not telling "Jesus is not God" ... not the same. You cann't see antitrinitarianism in a talking about human nature in Jesus, 'cause no true Christian can do without what Jesus did as a man (1 John 4:2; 2 John 1:7)

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is very interesting, since when he was on earth he was annointed (at the time of his baptism _ Mat. 3.16,17; Luke 4:17-21), and the rest is as you say ... which shows that the holy spirit is not a person as many think, or otherwise, how is it explained that this "person" was already with him even after he was resurrected and before he ascended to heaven, and then there he has to receive it again from the Father?

John 20:22 And after he said this he blew upon them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit. ..."

Luke 24:49 "And, look! I am sending forth upon YOU that which is promised by my Father. YOU, though, abide in the city until YOU become clothed with power from on high.”

Acts 1:4 While he was meeting with them, he ordered them: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but keep waiting for what the Father has promised, about which you heard from me ..."
... 2:4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak in different languages, just as the spirit enabled them to speak.

As can be seen, his disciples had to wait to receive holy spirit from heaven, which occurred on the feast of Pentecost, on Sivan 6, 50 days after the resurrection of Jesus. If the holy spirit were a person, did "he" go to heaven with Jesus, and then came back because of a request that Jesus made to God?
We agree with you Elie, we do not believe the holy spirit is a person, and the outpouring of it on Pentecost is clear evidence of that. Jesus of course had holy spirit, but to a limited degree most likely since it was given him when he returned to heaven. I believe all of us are living because of it, I believe the breath of life is holy spirit as well. At any rate, when that spirit goes out we die Ps 146:4

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick.

Zounds! Never noticed this. Don’t know what to make of it…
I would have thought the power of the Lord to heal the sick was always with Jesus…though He could not heal where there was no trust/faith.

Did even Jesus sometimes walk in the Spirit and sometimes not…? If so, I have a friend who might be rethinking some things…
The verse does not suggest to me that the power of the Lord ever wasn't with Jesus to heal the sick.