Maintain Christian integrity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

babalobi

Mar 23, 2011
Memorise: "That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forwarned you and testified'' (1 Thessalonians 4:6).[twitter]babalobi[/twitter]

Read: 1 Samuel 12:1-5

One vital component that the believers of old had which is becoming a scarce commodity in the Christian faith today is integrity. Integrity is the quality of being honest and morally upright. It entails fulfilling promises made, being sincere and truthful as well as being above board in financial matters. The craze for material wealth, position and power has made many to throw this all important attribute into the wind.

According to 2 Timothy 3:1-5, one quality which the manner of behaviour of the last days is fast eroding, is integrity. The spirit of covetousness is making many to break agreements with reckless abandon. Most ministries built on truth and integrity are gradually grinding into a halt for lack of the same virtues.

"That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forwarned you and testified" (1 Thessalonians 4:6). Some believers collect money from other believers with the promise of performing one task or the other. Yet the task is not performed and the money is not refunded. That is a case of fraud. The worst people to cheat are believers. Why? God promises to revenge on their behalf. If you are in that situation, immediately repent and restitute by refunding the money to them or keep your promise.

As a minister of God, you must avoid anything capable of eroding your value and integrity. If you have lost integrity in ministry you have lost everything. In 2 Corinthians 11:9, in order to maintain his integrity Paul refused to make himself a burden to the church. Today, pastors and ministers virtually beg.

A pastor who goes begging members for sustenance automatically loses his worth with them. Before long, they may start to treat him like a nobody. Similarly undue closeness to the opposite sex can affect your integrity. The brother who is always visiting single sisters alone and at 'ungodly' hours knows what he is looking for. Proverbs 6:27-28 says such a fellow can be burnt.

The way you handle church money should not only be clean, but must also be seen as such. Records must be properly kept. Money for stated projects must be used accordingly. Avoid diversion of funds. When Samuel was about 60 years old, he called the Israelites together and asked, Have I taken your ox, received bribes or oppressed you? No one could fault him. His integrity was intact. If you are receiving bribes or oppressing Christ's servants you were supposed to nurture, you have lost your integrity. Where do you stand today? See http://christonline.info/blog/?p=8593, http://christonline.info/blog/

Some start with integrity but end in shame. Pray for grace to start and finish with your integrity intact.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Memorise: "That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forwarned you and testified'' (1 Thessalonians 4:6).[twitter]babalobi[/twitter]

Read: 1 Samuel 12:1-5

One vital component that the believers of old had which is becoming a scarce commodity in the Christian faith today is integrity. Integrity is the quality of being honest and morally upright. It entails fulfilling promises made, being sincere and truthful as well as being above board in financial matters. The craze for material wealth, position and power has made many to throw this all important attribute into the wind.

According to 2 Timothy 3:1-5, one quality which the manner of behaviour of the last days is fast eroding, is integrity. The spirit of covetousness is making many to break agreements with reckless abandon. Most ministries built on truth and integrity are gradually grinding into a halt for lack of the same virtues.

"That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forwarned you and testified" (1 Thessalonians 4:6). Some believers collect money from other believers with the promise of performing one task or the other. Yet the task is not performed and the money is not refunded. That is a case of fraud. The worst people to cheat are believers. Why? God promises to revenge on their behalf. If you are in that situation, immediately repent and restitute by refunding the money to them or keep your promise.

As a minister of God, you must avoid anything capable of eroding your value and integrity. If you have lost integrity in ministry you have lost everything. In 2 Corinthians 11:9, in order to maintain his integrity Paul refused to make himself a burden to the church. Today, pastors and ministers virtually beg.

A pastor who goes begging members for sustenance automatically loses his worth with them. Before long, they may start to treat him like a nobody. Similarly undue closeness to the opposite sex can affect your integrity. The brother who is always visiting single sisters alone and at 'ungodly' hours knows what he is looking for. Proverbs 6:27-28 says such a fellow can be burnt.

The way you handle church money should not only be clean, but must also be seen as such. Records must be properly kept. Money for stated projects must be used accordingly. Avoid diversion of funds. When Samuel was about 60 years old, he called the Israelites together and asked, Have I taken your ox, received bribes or oppressed you? No one could fault him. His integrity was intact. If you are receiving bribes or oppressing Christ's servants you were supposed to nurture, you have lost your integrity. Where do you stand today? See http://christonline.info/blog/?p=8593, http://christonline.info/blog/

[font="Arial][size="2"]
Some start with integrity but end in shame. Pray for grace to start and finish with your integrity intact.
[/size][/font]

Good point. the foundations of integrity.
I am from Queensland Australia and i have worked in the building industry for 30 years and i have seen integrity disappear.
I only know know of one builder who has any integrity at all. the only thing i have see now is just love of money and self, how very poor.
20 years ago integrity was generally fine.
But now it's just like i have to deal with every dirty cunning trick in the book is what i have to come across with them now.
And when i point it out to them of there cunning they just give a stupid little smile.
And if they find out you are a Christian they will go to town with ya determined to destroy you in every way.
I was on a motor car forum and when they found out i was a Christian i was attacked full on non stop.
Most are convinced that Christianity has to be got rid of and only then will there P/C world will be fine.
They can watch some half hour TV show and then they are convinced they now know it all.TV educated !!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 years ago integrity was generally fine.

Everything looks good in hindsight, yes?

I bet your grandparents would tell you that integrity disappeared about twenty years before they were your age..... ;)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Everything looks good in hindsight, yes?

I bet your grandparents would tell you that integrity disappeared about twenty years before they were your age..... ;)

No my grandparents did not and i do know my grand dad would not be impressed at all as so to my dad.
I am the 3rd generation tradesman following in the same trade.
We are not allowed to quot any more but just accepted their price or take a hike. and we have no more say in the job than a labourer .
Even if i said that anything was done wrong before i start the job i would not be listened to at all. and if i have to fix up another's incompetence before i start i will not be payed for doing it.
I have a friend in the same trade who was having a heart attack and he was just a good joke to them at as they stepped over him laughing and would not help him at all.
My dad is 73 and still has to work because he has been riped off by cunning dogs time and time again.
People know they are going bankrupt but do not care at all about the others they have destroyed and i have never heard anyone apologize for it but have seen many times where they will push people into having to work for them or they will do what they can to bag your good name.