Major Quakes Hits Hawaii

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(kriss;3377)
at least 3 quakes intitial reports 6.7 ,5.8, 4.9 no power,landslides,evacuations all being reported 20+ aftershockshttp://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recent...1.-157.-155.php
They're reporting that the Royal Kona Resort and the Kona Hospital are reporting major damage. Many of the Kona resorts are evacuating their guests.Also flash floods being reported in quake areas 2 other hospitals being evacuated

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
fox reports some bloggers saying they are getting reports of some villages outside coastal cities heavily damaged

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
governor has declared entire state of Hawaii a disaster area structural damage reports are sporadic may be heavy damage but no reports of any deaths just cuts broken legs

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As a hobby geoligist swampfox you dont know the half of it S. Calif is under extreme stress and if this quake in Hawaii turns out not to be related to Volcanic release then the pressure in Calif. just got worse.If you picture a ball and Hawaii being in the center and you push down on the center the stress toward the edges increases and Calif sets on the edge of two plates

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been interested in Geology but admittedly know very little. However, I can definitely connect the dots with some of the stronger quakes that have occured in that geological arena. It's a bit alarming for sure even to a dummy like myself.