Make men in our image...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
The New Testament Scripture declares that Christ is God, just as the Old Testament Scriptures declares too. The NT gives more detail on that, even showing us that ALL things were created by and through Christ Jesus. Jesus declared to Philip that if he had seen Him then he had seen The Father. Matthew 1 declares Christ Jesus as Emmanuel from Isaiah 7, which means God with us. At the end of John 8, Jesus declared Himself as The 'I AM', which is one of the sacred names of God. In Isaiah 9, Christ is referred to as the Almighty God, and Heavenly Father.

So there's no way to confuse Elohiym in the Hebrew of Genesis 1:26 with mere angels. It is put for God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit.

I don't think you realised, but in your statement " ALL things were created by and through Christ Jesus." You just blew the Trinity to bits. By this Scripture, we see that ALL things were created BY and through Christ Jesus. That means that the other two members of the Trinity did nothing! So much for co-equality! In Isaiah 7, Emmanuel is also given the title, EVERLASTING FATHER. I suppose we have some logical triune explanation for that!? Elohiym doesn't mean plural persons, it merely means plural. PLURAL OF WHAT?! If you want to insist on persons, why stop at three? Why not have two, why not have seven? After all, there are seven spirits of God in Revelation!
Jdg 6:31 And Joash said unto all that stood against him, Will ye plead for Baal? will ye save him? he that will plead for him, let him be put to death whilst it is yet morning: if he be a god, let him plead for himself, because one hath cast down his altar.

God in this verse is elohiym! Are we going to say that Baal was a three-person god?! Elohiym is plural. PLURAL WHAT? Attributes. God has such awesome power that he is given this title of plurality. According to Strongs, Elohiym is used as a superlative. It is to express something immense. I think that it is very fitting that God should be described by this word, for he is EXCEEDINGLY great. We cannot describe him sufficiently!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Groundzero, are you saying the Holy Spirit is not God?

No. I would never dream of saying such a thing. Now before I explain what I believe about the Holy Spirit, I want to make something clear: the Trinity DOES NOT hold up in the light of the Scripture. Please, don't close up your ears, read through these points that I have and consider them:
  • The Trinity didn't originate from Scripture. It is based on the Athanasian Creed, made in the 5th century. That's 500 years after Jesus died. The term itself is never mentioned in Scripture, neither do we find anywhere in the Bible where three is stated in relation to the Godhead. Instead, we have an abundance of statements that say that God is ONE, and if that isn't enough, our LORD is ONE. Jesus is the Lord of lords and King of kings.[bible='Rev. 17:14']These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. [/bible] That statement alone declares Jesus as King over everyone else. In other words, if the Father and Holy Ghost are kings as well, Jesus is even higher than them, that is, if you believe the Trinity.
  • The shocking conclusion in the Athanasian Creed is that if you want to be saved, you MUST believe the Trinity. I believe in an infallible, inspired Word of God, and I have never heard, nor seen, nor read a verse that states anything like that. The very foundation for the Trinity states things that are not even Scriptural as if they were Gospel.
  • Who was the Father of Jesus? The Trinity states the Father. The Scriptures state the Holy Ghost.[bible='Luke 1:35']And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.[/bible]
  • Who are we to worship? Jesus never mentioned anyone else except the Father! [bible='John 4:21']Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.[/bible]
  • If all the members of the Trinity are co-equal, how is it that ONLY the Father knows the time of the second coming? [bible='Mark 13:32']But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. [/bible]
  • How many spirits are there? According to the Trinity, there are three. The Father is a spirit, the Holy Ghost is a Spirit, and of course we have the Spirit of Jesus. The Scriptures say no, there isn't three spirits, in fact, it never mentions three. It says that there is ONE spirit. [bible='Ephesians 4:4']There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;[/bible]
  • The Trinity is total confusion. If you read through the Athanesian creed, it doesn't make sense. Now the Scriptures state this: Confusion is NOT of God.[bible='1 Cor. 13:33']For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.[/bible] If God isn't the one who brings confusion, a scary scenario confronts us: WHO DOES THE CONFUSION COME FROM? God said that he is one, and he said it so many times. Man has come along and divided that one into three. Which opinion do you think is going to count on judgement day?
There are so many examples of where the Trinity not only doesn't line up, but is contradicted by Scripture blatantly. They are NOT compatible. If you learn nothing else from this, please, at least realise that the Trinity is not scriptural, and it's time to stop standing up for it when it has no Scriptural base whatsoever. It will only hurt you. Now that I've demonstrated the inability of the Trinity to stand in the light of reason, it's time to answer the question, what does the Scripture teach?

Basically, the Scripture teaches that God is one, a literal indivisible one. (Isa_44:24, Deu_6:4, Mar_12:29, 2Ki_19:22, Psa_71:22, Isa_5:19 , Jer_51:5, Eze_39:7) God came to earth in a body of flesh to redeem fallen humanity. He came as a body of flesh. This body of flesh was called Jesus. This man possessed what is called a DUAL personality. [bible='1 Timothy 3:16']And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. [/bible]
By dual personality, we are referring to the fact that Jesus Christ acted as man by being hungry, sleepy, and dying. (God cannot die) At the same time, he also displayed attributes of God. He walked on the seas, fed the thousands of hungry people, and rose from the dead. He even forgave sins. The Jews saw this and said, "Jesus is claiming to be God!"[bible='Matthew 9:3']And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth. [/bible] They realised what Jesus was claiming. Jesus was claiming to be God, wholly and in every sense. Surely, if the scribes could see what Jesus was claiming and understand, why can't we? On that note, the scribes still didn't believe Jesus. They tried to kill him.
Now we come to the bit where most people flounder and go adrift. Read very carefully: Most the time, Jesus spoke as a man sent from God, but there are times when he spoke as God, the immortal, omnipresent, omnipotent Creator of the world. When you read through the Gospels, ask yourself, Is Jesus talking as a man, or as God? If you can grasp this key, you will unlock the treasure chest of understanding who Jesus really is.
Let me show an example of this dual nature in what Jesus said:
Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Jesus here is talking as a man. Note that he uses 'he' to refer to the Father and Comforter as if the Father and Comforter were separate from him. Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.In this verse, he suddenly changes from talking as a man. No more is 'he' used to describe the Comforter. He uses 'I'. This is such a beautiful verse. "I'm not going to leave you orphans, I will come to you."
Just one more example:
Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Who do you think Jesus is talking as? God or man? God of course! He was born only about 30 years ago. His body didn't pre-exist! He spoke from the depth of his conscience that day. "Before Abraham was, I AM!" The Jews realised what he was saying and tried to stone him!

Yes, I know that this has been very long. Not much more to go! The Bible states these important facts:
  • The name of the Father is Jesus. Joh_5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. Also, [bible='Isaiah 9:6']For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/bible]
  • The name of the Holy Ghost is Jesus. Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[bible='John 14:26']But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. [/bible]
  • The name of the Son is Jesus.
  • Therefore, I would say that Jesus is the ONE God. There is no other! He is the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is the Father. There is no difference!
  • Now I did say that I would explain about the Holy Ghost. Here goes. The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Jesus (yes, this can be backed by Scripture) that infills all those who believe in him. This infilling is evidenced by speaking in tongues. It teaches the Believer [bible='1 Cor. 2:13']Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.[/bible]. It also regenerates and refreshes the Believer. [bible='Titus 3:5']Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;[/bible] For reproving [bible='John 16:8']And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:[/bible].
I pray that this has been a help to you, that you will be able to understand who Jesus really is, and harness the power that comes from such knowledge. I know that I haven't spent that much time explaining about what I believe and the Scriptural base for it, I just hope that you will walk away from reading this and realise that the Trinity is wrong in the light of the Scripture. Don't plunge on trying to prove it. People have been doing it for hundreds of years and they haven't succeeded and never will. Instead, start on the Scriptural conclusion that God is one, and that this God in his incredible love was manifest in a body of flesh that would be nailed to a cross to save you and me. Give Jesus the glory he deserves, don't rob him of it. Don't just give him lip service but in your heart deny his deity. Give him everything, for he IS the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

Blessings

P.S. I have a booklet which goes much more in-depth than I have. If you wish, I can send it to you via email. Just contact me if you would like to know more.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to explain. Though the term 'Trinity' is not used in the Bible, if you agree that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are each the One true God, then where is the problem? We certainly cannot fully know the One true God, only by the Scriptures can we even try.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We certainly cannot fully know the One true God, only by the Scriptures can we even try.

Hi Mr Ducky,

This reminded me of yet another of my lightbulb, life changing moments...
I thought I'd share with you...

When I read this particular scripture - my mouth dropped and my whole direction changed.
For me it was the right verse at the right moment -

May I just paraphrase from memory - Jeremiah 9:23

Let he who is rich not boast of his riches and
let he who is strong not boast (glory) in his strength, and
let he who is wise not boast of his wisdom;
but he who does boast - let him boast of this,
that he knows and understands me, so says the Lord.

My God, imagine, to know and understand Him!!!
I've come a long way since then a couple years ago.
It wasn't so much from the Bible - though that pointed the Way - it was through prayer
and contemplation or meditation - or rather being still - knowing He was God - opening
in solitude to Him - up close and personal.
How does one "Delight in the Lord?"
Where is that "Secret Place"?
How do you sit, prepare and "sup with Him"?
Contemplate those for a week on end...

(This was not meant to disagree with you, at all - but to expound further
and just share my experience...of knowing Him more came from deep inner quiet - or communing...it's hard to find the words..)

Love you,
:) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Groundzero, you argue your points well and back up with scripture. I hadnt lookedat things like that. I do suspect you may get various assaults on this site though from righteous types who will machine gun scripture quotes (often lacking context) and try to hammer you with words!
At least we all agree that the main point is to love the one God of Abraham, and accept Jesus Christ as our risen saviour. From there, we can use the teachings in the Bible to maintain that we are on track. :)

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Thanks for taking the time to explain. Though the term 'Trinity' is not used in the Bible, if you agree that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are each the One true God, then where is the problem? We certainly cannot fully know the One true God, only by the Scriptures can we even try.

I don't believe, I know they are not separate.. The Scriptures never separate them. They are one in a literal sense. Jesus is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. The problem with the Trinity is alot more serious than many realise. It can be classified by one word: IDOLATRY. Before we cry out and stop our ears, let's go through the reasons for such a harsh classification.

• The Trinity divides God into three. While it never says there are three Gods, it makes it clear that the three PERSONS act and think individually. Now let's look at this logically. The Trinity says that they are co-equal. This means that they all have the exact same power. How can that possibly be? The Scriptures talk about an Almighty God. How can three make almighty? Almighty is a term that belongs to one, an indivisible one. Scriptures states that Jesus is the Almighty one.[bible='Rev. 1:8'][/bible] Many times the Bible mentions the Lord as Almighty. Who is the ONE Lord? Jesus! [bible='! Corinthians 8:6'][/bible] The Trinity strips Jesus of that title and gives it to two others, making Jesus just 1/3 Almighty, which isn't Almighty at all! It lowers Jesus from being the best, to sharing the best. Such a view might fit if you don't believe Jesus is God, but if you do, it is totally incompatible.
  • If the Trinity is correct, that means that Jesus is ONLY the Son. Now we know from Scripture that the Son is inferior to the Father and the Holy Ghost. If you wish, I can give you the references. For now I'll just name some examples: The Father knows something no one else, including the Son, knows. The Son, once having all things subject under him, will then be subject to the Father (there goes the 'subject for a little while' theory). The Son never did anything as everything that Jesus did was done by the Father inside him. (Funny that. Two spirits inside one body!) Jesus, if we insist on three persons, is therefore NOT God, something which is totally unscriptural, since time and time again Jesus made claims that can only be attributed to God. He said that HE answered prayer, that HE was the I AM, that HE would raise HIMSELF from the dead. Not only that, Jesus forgave sins!
  • Idolatry is anything that takes the place of God. I understand that you believe Jesus is God. If that is the case, Trinity is making Jesus 1/3 of God, not all. If we can't make him all, he isn't God at all. It's a basic principle. If a cyclist is 1/3 best, it stands to reason that he ISN"T the best! The same with Jesus. If he isn't Lord over all, he isn't God at all, because there is someone else who is assuming that position.
  • The previous sentence brings us to a scary thought. If all three persons of the Godhead are co-equal, they cancel each other out with their power; therefore, there must be one who is even greater than them. Now the question is to be asked, Who really is God? (If we are going to fall back on the reasoning, those three persons make one God, such thinking is totally un-Scriptural. When we try to support it from the Scripture, we find that there is no stability. The Scripture says that God is not the author of confusion, which is also translated as instability. If he didn't do it, WHO did?)
The Answer:
Jesus is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. He is the Almighty one. He is the one who was and is and is to come. The Scripture declares him as God, the only one. Don't try and rob him of what is his. If the Scriptures say God is one, believe it! If they say that Jesus is that one God, believe it! Moreover, don't formulate different foundations. The Trinity was an attempt to change the foundations in order to explain certain 'problems' in the Scripture. What should've been done, is to stay at the foundation, that which the Bible declares, which is that God is ONE, and that Jesus is that God, and then from that point solve each point of contention. If we take the Scripture, and the Scripture alone, and use the Scripture to explain the Scripture, then everything will fall into place.

A brief recap:
Just in case I have been vague (I occasionally go on about a subject without giving a hit point
rolleyes.gif
) the Trinity is wrong. The Scriptures give it no support, and it therefore cannot be accepted as a doctrine of Christianity. All the thinking associated with the Trinity MUST be discarded and replaced with sound thinking that is FULLY Bible-based without Scriptural contradictions and with FULL Scriptural support.

Just a note, I am NOT having ago at Trinitarians themselves. I have no fight with them. I do have an enormous issue with the doctrine itself as it makes Jesus inferior and has no support from the inspired Word of God. Just wanted to make that clear, so I don't have anyone thinking that I'm actually attacking them.

Lots of Love in Jesus

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
While we're on the topic of Trinity, has anyone considered this: in the Hindu religion, there is a trinity of gods, and a trinity of godesses. There are quite a few examples of pagan religions that have a trinity, and it DIDN'T come from Christian influence. Trinity is rooted deep in paganism. Are we going to continue fighting for something that belongs to the kingdom of this world? I hope not!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The Bible talks about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit mentioning Each, not as 3 but as the One God. There must be very good reasons that God didn't just say 'God', rather than Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I don't see any problem.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
The Bible talks about the Father, Son and Holy Spirit mentioning Each, not as 3 but as the One God. There must be very good reasons that God didn't just say 'God', rather than Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I don't see any problem.

There is one place that mentions all three together.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: All Jesus was doing here was re-enforcing the fact to his disciples that he WAS the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. That was the one very good reason. Jesus was going to leave no doubt whatsoever as to his identity. The disciples understood him perfectly. They went and baptised in Jesus' name! They understood him to be one, whereas the doctrine of Trinity does not make such a distinction but rather says that Jesus is only the Son, making him 1/3 of God. By doing this, Jesus is no longer the Almighty God!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There is one place that mentions all three together.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: All Jesus was doing here was re-enforcing the fact to his disciples that he WAS the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. That was the one very good reason. Jesus was going to leave no doubt whatsoever as to his identity. The disciples understood him perfectly. They went and baptised in Jesus' name! They understood him to be one, whereas the doctrine of Trinity does not make such a distinction but rather says that Jesus is only the Son, making him 1/3 of God. By doing this, Jesus is no longer the Almighty God!

You may be right but I have never understood that Trinitarians denied Jesus/God.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You may be right but I have never understood that Trinitarians denied Jesus/God.

Trinitarians do not deny that Jesus is a personage within the Godhead. Groundzero is advocating an old heresy called Modalism. Seems to be a popular heresy on this board, lately.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

Trinitarians don't say that they deny Jesus as God. Please, don't misunderstand me. If we look at the Trinity in the light of Scripture, the Trinity makes Jesus less than the Father and the Holy Ghost because while the doctrine says that they are all co-equal, the Scriptures make it obvious that the Son is inferior to both the Father and the Holy Ghost. Since the Trinity states that Jesus is only the Son, this makes Jesus a lesser god, or if you please, no god at all. As you well know, this is not Scriptural at all. So the Trinitarian will not say that they deny Jesus is God, but behind the words of the Trinity creed, we find that is exactly what happens. Why claim something is Scriptural when it isn't? Moreover, why stand for it?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarians don't say that they deny Jesus as God. Please, don't misunderstand me. If we look at the Trinity in the light of Scripture, the Trinity makes Jesus less than the Father and the Holy Ghost because while the doctrine says that they are all co-equal, the Scriptures make it obvious that the Son is inferior to both the Father and the Holy Ghost. Since the Trinity states that Jesus is only the Son, this makes Jesus a lesser god, or if you please, no god at all. As you well know, this is not Scriptural at all. So the Trinitarian will not say that they deny Jesus is God, but behind the words of the Trinity creed, we find that is exactly what happens. Why claim something is Scriptural when it isn't? Moreover, why stand for it?

Jesus is only inferior to the Father in His humbled state, which He freely choose as an example to humanity.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Trinitarians do not deny that Jesus is a personage within the Godhead. Groundzero is advocating an old heresy called Modalism. Seems to be a popular heresy on this board, lately.

Dear Friend,
I never stated that Trinitarians deny Jesus is a personage. I said that the doctrine of Trinity robs Jesus of the title of Almighty which the Scriptures give him. You can call me a heretic, declare the doctrine that I have been supporting a heresy, call it whatever you will. I have not seen you lay down any proof for the Trinity that will stand in the light of the Scriptures, neither have you effectively refuted anything that I have stated. I have not stated things that are based on some creed made by men. Everything I have stated concerning Jesus can be FULLY supported by Scripture. The question remains to be asked, what are you really calling a heresy? Are you saying that the doctrine of Oneness is a heresy when it is fully supported by Scripture? Not only that, the Oneness of God is never contradicted by Scripture, unlike the Trinity, which has bumps everywhere.

No doubt you think that I am some poor deluded pigheaded man. I can say right now that I am not deluded. I have attempted to support the Trinity, and at one stage I didn't really see what the big deal was. Now I do. As to pigheaded, well, I probably appear pigheaded, but if I can be shown logically something contrary to what I believe, I will accept it. I am not so pigheaded as to defy the Scriptures. God is my witness that I have divided the word of truth.[bible='2 Timothy 2:15'][/bible] God forbid that I stay silent when people are crying for help because they don't understand how to talk to Jesus, because they are so confused by the double-talk of pompous theologians. I have no fight with any man. I do, however, have a battle to fight in order to preserve my integrity, and to save others who have been trapped by the sands of this world. I do not hate any man, in fact, I love every one, even the most vile man on earth, I love him. I love them the way Jesus does. Jesus loved the Jews, and it was that love that prompted him to correct their wrongdoing. They no doubt saw differently, but all the same, it was love, true love.
So let me repeat so as to make it 100% clear. I am not bashing any religion (though you seem to have no issue with doing it). I am doing my utmost best to help people meet Jesus for real, to experience the power that comes from knowing who he is, to be able to pray to Jesus and know that they are praying to God, the only God there is, to know that they are saved for sure, and that they can stand solely on the Bible and not be shaken by the winds of this world. I know that I am saved, and I know that when I come before Jesus on Judgement day, I won't have any problem with bowing down before him and confessing that he is the Lord of lords and the King of kings. I will be able to say with a clear conscience that I have stood up for him and have not shrunk from proclaiming it during my life on earth. I look forward to meeting my King.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Friend,
I never stated that Trinitarians deny Jesus is a personage. I said that the doctrine of Trinity robs Jesus of the title of Almighty which the Scriptures give him. You can call me a heretic, declare the doctrine that I have been supporting a heresy, call it whatever you will. I have not seen you lay down any proof for the Trinity that will stand in the light of the Scriptures, neither have you effectively refuted anything that I have stated. I have not stated things that are based on some creed made by men. Everything I have stated concerning Jesus can be FULLY supported by Scripture. The question remains to be asked, what are you really calling a heresy? Are you saying that the doctrine of Oneness is a heresy when it is fully supported by Scripture? Not only that, the Oneness of God is never contradicted by Scripture, unlike the Trinity, which has bumps everywhere.

No doubt you think that I am some poor deluded pigheaded man. I can say right now that I am not deluded. I have attempted to support the Trinity, and at one stage I didn't really see what the big deal was. Now I do. As to pigheaded, well, I probably appear pigheaded, but if I can be shown logically something contrary to what I believe, I will accept it. I am not so pigheaded as to defy the Scriptures. God is my witness that I have divided the word of truth.[bible='2 Timothy 2:15'][/bible] God forbid that I stay silent when people are crying for help because they don't understand how to talk to Jesus, because they are so confused by the double-talk of pompous theologians. I have no fight with any man. I do, however, have a battle to fight in order to preserve my integrity, and to save others who have been trapped by the sands of this world. I do not hate any man, in fact, I love every one, even the most vile man on earth, I love him. I love them the way Jesus does. Jesus loved the Jews, and it was that love that prompted him to correct their wrongdoing. They no doubt saw differently, but all the same, it was love, true love.
So let me repeat so as to make it 100% clear. I am not bashing any religion (though you seem to have no issue with doing it). I am doing my utmost best to help people meet Jesus for real, to experience the power that comes from knowing who he is, to be able to pray to Jesus and know that they are praying to God, the only God there is, to know that they are saved for sure, and that they can stand solely on the Bible and not be shaken by the winds of this world. I know that I am saved, and I know that when I come before Jesus on Judgement day, I won't have any problem with bowing down before him and confessing that he is the Lord of lords and the King of kings. I will be able to say with a clear conscience that I have stood up for him and have not shrunk from proclaiming it during my life on earth. I look forward to meeting my King.

Really?
Well where is the Scripture? I do know what the Scripture says.
1Co_15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

I think you are being pretty hard on yourself.

I do not believe in Oneness theology, but I not have anything against you, personally.

I am not meaning to insult you referring to your theology as heresy......I am Trinitarian, as is the majority of Christianity......in fact, it is such a foundational part of the Christian faith, it is actually considered the dividing line between orthodoxy and heresy. Oneness doctrine used to be called Modalism by the Church Fathers......I am a product of my tradition.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Jesus is only inferior to the Father in His humbled state, which He freely choose as an example to humanity.

Well, where is the Scripture? I do know what the Scripture says.
1Co_15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all

I think you are being pretty hard on yourself.

I do not believe in Oneness theology, but I not have anything against you, personally.

I am not meaning to insult you referring to your theology as heresy......I am Trinitarian, as is the majority of Christianity......in fact, it is such a foundational part of the Christian faith, it is actually considered the dividing line between orthodoxy and heresy. Oneness doctrine used to be called Modalism by the Church Fathers......I am a product of my tradition.

That's ok. I realise that. If it is such a foundational part of the Christian faith, why is not supported by the Bible? I would say that it is because it is not from the Bible and never was meant to be.
Don't let tradition define you. That's exactly what the Jews did, and it blinded them. Let God's Word define you, God's word alone. If your tradition is not lining up with Scripture, you must get rid off that tradition and make sure you stand fully on God's Word.

Jesus loves you.
smile.gif