Man In Our Image

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AWord2TheWise4u

Dec 24, 2011
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who is OUR?

What was the image, and their likeness?

Did Adam and Eve have the power of Life and Death?

Was Adam and Eve made as God over their dominion?

Did sin change the image of Adam and Eve?

When Eve and Adam(and I say both because they were 1) created death,

They lost the image of God.

Jesus came and restored it back to the sons of God.

To be made in the image of God you must become born again.

When Eve and Adam created death

they took on the image of the devil.

The devil became their father.

God is the Father of Life.

Jesus came to restore eternal life to the sons of God.

Now they can be born again into eternal life.

And be made the image of God.

The flesh of man in its original creation was made HOLY.

The flesh of man today is not HOLY.

The image of God is HOLY.

In the beginning God created man HOLY.

Man is not HOLY at this point in time.

To be born again you must pass from death into life.

There is no Life outside of Holiness.

The image of God is Holiness.

God created all the angels HOLY.

The angels that sinned are not no longer HOLY.

There is no salvation for them.

In the image of God is

HOLY.

If you are not HOLY.

You are not in the image of God.

And the only way to become the image of God.

Born again.

CAN YOU DISPROVE ANY OF THIS?

IF SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

IF IT IS NOT THE TRUTH

I DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011
There is a lot here that is unscriptural - although that is not the same as being wrong. The Bible does not say that man has the image of the devil - or does it?

There are a lot of things the Bible does not tell us, and so we are free to speculate. The important thing is not to speculate.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who is OUR?

God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

What was the image, and their likeness?

Did Adam and Eve have the power of Life and Death?

There was no death before the Fall.

Was Adam and Eve made as God over their dominion?

The were created and given dominion over the Garden.

Did sin change the image of Adam and Eve?

Yes

When Eve and Adam(and I say both because they were 1) created death,

They lost the image of God.

No.

Jesus came and restored it back to the sons of God.

Not according to scripture.

To be made in the image of God you must become born again.

Nope.

When Eve and Adam created death

Death is a consequence of the Fall. Also, death is not a force - it is the lack of life.

they took on the image of the devil.

The Devil is simply another creation, just like Adam and Eve. Your idea is outside of Scripture and Church Tradition.

The devil became their father.

So to speak....they certainly took on some of his characteristics - Jesus called the Devil the father of the Pharisees.

God is the Father of Life.

Jesus came to restore eternal life to the sons of God.

He came to teach us how to become fully human, once again.

Now they can be born again into eternal life.

And be made the image of God.

We already retain the ability to relate to one another, so we still retain the image of God.

The flesh of man in its original creation was made HOLY.

Humans were made Good.

The flesh of man today is not HOLY.

If you are talking about our physical bodies - they is no distinction between our bodies or spirit - we are either redeemed or we are lost.

The image of God is HOLY.

God is Holy.

In the beginning God created man HOLY.

Humans were created good.

Man is not HOLY at this point in time.

Christians are being justified and sanctified by Christ and the Holy Spirit.

To be born again you must pass from death into life.

Being born again is turning from self towards God - we can only do this through Christ.

There is no Life outside of Holiness.

The image of God is Holiness.

You like to repeat yourself, I see....

CAN YOU DISPROVE ANY OF THIS?

IF SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

Actually, I think you would really be upset if I disproved anything that you say - you seem pretty proud of your ideas.

IF IT IS NOT THE TRUTH

I DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Believe in the True nature of God, repent of your sins, turn from self to God and love God and neighbor as you used to love yourself and you will be fine.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

Who is OUR?

Christ was talking to His Saints.

Image is what you look like to the eyes.

If you take a picture you have an image of what you photographed.

Just by looking you would not know by that photograph whether the person is a saint or a devil.

Only after hearing them talk or watching their actions would you know which camp they are in.

John 6
70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

AWord2TheWise4u

Dec 24, 2011
There is a lot here that is unscriptural - although that is not the same as being wrong. The Bible does not say that man has the image of the devil - or does it?

There are a lot of things the Bible does not tell us, and so we are free to speculate. The important thing is not to speculate.

The bible is for the carnal mind. The Spirit of Truth is a Spirit. Wake up man.

Actually, I think you would really be upset if I disproved anything that you say - you seem pretty proud of your ideas.

The only way you will ever ever disprove anything I say...is if the Lord help you. He is not going to ever ever ever
help you make me ashame.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is for the carnal mind. The Spirit of Truth is a Spirit. Wake up man.

The only way you will ever ever disprove anything I say...is if the Lord help you. He is not going to ever ever ever
help you make me ashame.

I am not interested in causing you shame.

AWord2TheWise4u

Dec 24, 2011
Christ was talking to His Saints.

Image is what you look like to the eyes.

If you take a picture you have an image of what you photographed.

Just by looking you would not know by that photograph whether the person is a saint or a devil.

Only after hearing them talk or watching their actions would you know which camp they are in.

John 6
70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

You are not even in the same dimension.

I am not interested in causing you shame.

You are going to have to go get an angel or something of that sort to fly with me. But you keep trying. I like it.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Man was made in the image of our Heavenly counterparts.

For individual spirits to exist...first...they must be born through the flesh and learn to harness that flesh so as to make our individual spirit, wholesome, righteous, everlasting and subjective to our loving leader. We have to develop the flesh via Jesus Christ's accurate teaching.

The object behind bringing flesh alive, here on planet Earth, was to reunite spiritual beings to the flesh and thereby enjoy the harmony of everlasting life in a happy and caring environment...supervised by a loving and caring God. A project that needed total obedience, until Almighty God was ready to allow a little more freedom. Adam and Eve put a spoke in the wheel and God immediately abandoned his project.

Within the mechanics of Adam and Eve was everlasting life but God knew at the outset that man would be engrossed in their search for knowledge and oppression over their neighbours before they would have sufficient knowledge to be able to harness what is so vitally important to us...righteousness.

Being a loving and caring God, he sent Jesus Christ to show us the mechanics of righteosness and many have clung to that knowledge over the generations. There is no new knowledge. It is all contained within Jesus Christ's accurate teaching...but what has changed is the destructive age in which we live. A 'great tribulation' of the magnitude that Jesus told us about is, today, freely talked about amongst scientists. There is only one source of loving information, that has been planted amongst us, by a caring force, which is specifically pointing us to our salvation at this troubled time...

...follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was made in the image of our Heavenly counterparts.

For individual spirits to exist...first...they must be born through the flesh and learn to harness that flesh so as to make our individual spirit, wholesome, righteous, everlasting and subjective to our loving leader. We have to develop the flesh via Jesus Christ's accurate teaching.

The object behind bringing flesh alive, here on planet Earth, was to reunite spiritual beings to the flesh and thereby enjoy the harmony of everlasting life in a happy and caring environment...supervised by a loving and caring God. A project that needed total obedience, until Almighty God was ready to allow a little more freedom. Adam and Eve put a spoke in the wheel and God immediately abandoned his project.

Within the mechanics of Adam and Eve was everlasting life but God knew at the outset that man would be engrossed in their search for knowledge and oppression over their neighbours before they would have sufficient knowledge to be able to harness what is so vitally important to us...righteousness.

Being a loving and caring God, he sent Jesus Christ to show us the mechanics of righteosness and many have clung to that knowledge over the generations. There is no new knowledge. It is all contained within Jesus Christ's accurate teaching...but what has changed is the destructive age in which we live. A 'great tribulation' of the magnitude that Jesus told us about is, today, freely talked about amongst scientists. There is only one source of loving information, that has been planted amongst us, by a caring force, which is specifically pointing us to our salvation at this troubled time...

...follow the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.

Pre-existence....

Suggestion of gnosticism.....accurate teachings of Jesus........

Hinting that Jesus is separate from God.....

Mormon?