Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes.

Romans 8 makes a crystal clear.

Otherwise, one is not saved our crisis continually being nailed back on the cross.
Does this include repenting for the same sin over and over
or just one time?

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You know me well enough it seems to make up your own mind without my help. You be the judge.
Here is my judgement of you:

For by thy words thou shalt be justified,
and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Reactions: Danube
B

brakelite

Here is my judgement of you:

For by thy words thou shalt be justified,
and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Okay fine. So, have we established that the meek shall inherit the earth or not?

Reactions: Nancy

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Okay fine. So, have we established that the meek shall inherit the earth or not?
I never questioned it.

But I did question your definition of it.

Do you know the difference between the 2?

B

brakelite

How many times a day
do you think you walk contrary to the commandments of God?

Now you should know because you are required
by commandment to confess all your sins.
Right at this point in time, I am unaware of anything I need to repent of. Not to say there may be things that need attending to, character development takes a lifetime.

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this include repenting for the same sin over and over
or just one time?

No one could possibly list every sin they were repenting for. One time covers all.

After that for sanctification we need to keep talking to Christ and working out our salvation, which does not mean earning it, but making it more real and effective in our lives.

It is a ongoing life time process.

Salvation is a one time instant thing. Sanctification is a process.

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

I never questioned it.

But I did question your definition of it.

Do you know the difference between the 2?
I actually don't recall defining meekness. But my definition would run something like this...
Meekness is that quality of character that patiently bears the burdens that others sin may impose upon you.

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I actually don't recall defining meekness. But my definition would run something like this...
Meekness is that quality of character that patiently bears the burdens that others sin may impose upon you.
Do you fit within the parameters of your own definition?

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Possible, yes, but only can happen if they are acceptable within the plan of God..
Everything is the plan of God. If not then name 1 thing that
God planned that did not turn out as He had planed it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Danube

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Salvation is by grace through repentance and faith in the blood and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

How come you left this part out?

Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood,
ye have no life in you.

Re word your theology and put this part in it.

B

brakelite

Meekness is a trait of the spirit.
It did not take Moses a life time to become meek.
It was always in his spirit.
If the fruit of the spirit are not manifested in real life, then what is the point. The fruit are there for a purpose. Fruit contain seed. Without the seed fruit is useless, and th e seed is not for oneself, but for others . The reality of meekness must be manifested in day to day living. Moses did not show that virtue from the beginning... Not in every instance. For example, in the striking of the rock. He lost his cool and revealed that God temperament was not always under control. But he was learning.

Everything is the plan of God. If not then name 1 thing that
God planned that did not turn out as He had planned?
Just one? There is no doubt that He was prepared for every eventuality, but that His initial plan was, for example, the expulsion from Eden or that He destroy the earth and all of creation bar 8 people? That was plan A?

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If the fruit of the spirit are not manifested in real life, then what is the point. The fruit are there for a purpose. Fruit contain seed. Without the seed fruit is useless, and th e seed is not for oneself, but for others . The reality of meekness must be manifested in day to day living. Moses did not show that virtue from the beginning... Not in every instance. For example, in the striking of the rock. He lost his cool and revealed that God temperament was not always under control. But he was learning.

Just one? There is no doubt that He was prepared for every eventuality, but that His initial plan was, for example, the expulsion from Eden or that He destroy the earth and all of creation bar 8 people? That was plan A?
How does this apply to you?

Last edited: