Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Such foolishness!

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep." John 21:15-17
John 12:43
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

I seek not your praise but the praise of God.

You lose again.

lol

lol

lol

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Who is trying to win?

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." Ecc 9:11
How come you believe this that is not true?

Only a idiot would believe the same thing happens to everyone.

And there is no such thing as chance.

Didn't this same spirit say that everything under the sun had a purpose?

You lose again.

lol

lol

lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 12:43
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

I seek not your praise but the praise of God.

You lose again.

lol

lol

lol
Lost?

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." II Peter 3:14

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

And Jesus brought what to whom?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

While you have come for what purpose here? Jesus came selfless to bring Life to the dead while you it would seem came with a very selfish intent to diminish or destroy Hope. You cannot do that to anyone else's Hope.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you believe this that is not true?

Only a idiot would believe the same thing happens to everyone.

And there is no such thing as chance.

Didn't this same spirit say that everything under the sun had a purpose?

You lose again.

lol

lol

lol

"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here." Matt 12:42

Solomon spoke of a carnal man's limitations while he remained dead. Jesus brought Life so that no man need continue in the place of unending death. Jesus is the greater one that is here... for whosoever will. You cannot remove the Hope that Jesus brought.

Give God the glory!

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Lost?

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." II Peter 3:14

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

And Jesus brought what to whom?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

While you have come for what purpose here? Jesus came selfless to bring Life to the dead while you it would seem came with a very selfish intent to diminish or destroy Hope. You cannot do that to anyone else's Hope.
You do not know Jesus Christ.

In fact you do not even know all these verses
from the bible you are quoting to me trying to condemn me.

Are you aware that by using any part of God's word
for anything other than that to which He spoke it

Is a sin.

You are taking God's name in vain.

You lose again.

Reactions: Danube

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here." Matt 12:42

Solomon spoke of a carnal man's limitations while he remained dead. Jesus brought Life so that no man need continue in the place of unending death. Jesus is the greater one that is here... for whosoever will. You cannot remove the Hope that Jesus brought.

Give God the glory!
Why do you worship Solomon?

He was a failure.

An embarrassment to God.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And if he had wisdom He would not have
built alters and offered up sacrifices to the gods of his wives.

lol

lol

lol

I would say that is very stupid.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you worship Solomon?
"And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:" Rev 19:1

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Rev 19:10

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:" Rev 19:1

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Rev 19:10
You will never see the new earth.

The Spirit of prophecy is one of the seven Spirits of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Christians have no wisdom or virtue.
Have you no faith? Have you no hope? Have you no charity?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

I will leave you alone now... for it is indeed alone that you are without God.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Have you no faith? Have you no hope? Have you no charity?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

I will leave you alone now... for it is indeed alone that you are without God.
The Spirit of God is everywhere
therefore He is with me at all times.

You lose again.

And I caught you in another lie.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will never see the new earth.

The Spirit of prophecy is one of the seven Spirits of God.
And there has been One who had who had all seven of the Spirits of God:

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
And [1] the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, [2] the spirit of wisdom and [3] understanding, [4] the spirit of counsel and [5] might, [6]
the spirit of knowledge and of [7] the fear of the LORD;" Isaiah 11:1-2

Where is the prophecy?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of God is everywhere
therefore He is with me at all times.

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalm 139:7-8

Indeed there He is in hell [place of death] but you cannot see Him for you have no Life. The dead know nothing and see nothing...

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And there has been One who had who had all seven of the Spirits of God:

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
And [1] the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, [2] the spirit of wisdom and [3] understanding, [4] the spirit of counsel and [5] might, [6]
the spirit of knowledge and of [7] the fear of the LORD;" Isaiah 11:1-2

Where is the prophecy?
Right here loser.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that believeth on me, the works that
I do shall he do also;
and greater works than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Psalm 139:7-8

Indeed there He is in hell [place of death] but you cannot see Him for you have no Life. The dead know nothing and see nothing...
I do believe you are losing your mind.

lol

lol

lol

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am the Lord's Champion.

I have never ever been defeated.

The devils in the Spirit realm
refer to me as quicksand.

You are in quicksand.

lol

lol

lol

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such foolishness!

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep." John 21:15-17
Great verses John. Those who are wise in their own eyes will have a very long and hard fall.

WgK

Nov 27, 2018
Texas
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Great verses John. Those who are wise in their own eyes will have a very long and hard fall.
Pick which one is the truth.

You are:

A. Wise in your own eyes.

B. Stupid in your own eyes.

Your stubbornness has cost you many good things in life and of God.