Many Claim The Church Didn't Exist Prior To Pentecost, This Is False, Don't Be Deceived!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DavidTaylor

Sep 4, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's one witness ...

Matthew 18:16 [NKJV]​
"But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.'​
... quoted from Deuteronomy 19:15 [NKJV] "by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established"​
Here is another NT witness:

Acts 7:38 “This is he, that was in the church [Eklessia] in the wilderness with the angelwhich spake to him in the mount Sina,and with our fathers”

If you compare the Greek NT usage of Church (Eklessia) to that of the Greek LXX Old Testament scriptures, you will find that the NT writers referred and quoted dozens of passages about the Church (Eklessia) in the Old Testament.

The Eklessia grew greatly at Pentecost and was empowered in a new mighty way beyond the original called out Eklessia of the OT, but the scriptures are clear the Eklessia did not start at Pentecost.

On the day of Pentecost itself, scripture tells us 3000 souls were added to the church…the already existing church of faithful called out ones who were already within the Eklessia before the day of Pentecost.

All the redeemed of the OT faithful are our brothers and sisters within His called out Eklessia.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts :

Hebrews chapter 9
1. Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 -10
11. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a GREATER and more PERFECT tabernacle, NOT MADE WITH HANDS, that is to say, not of this building. (Nor of the blood of animals ,oil or meal sacrifice which only put off the sins for a year.)
15. And for this cause HE IS THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, that by means of  death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16. FOR WHERE A TESTAMENT IS, THERE MUST ALSO OF NECESSITY BE THE DEATH OF THE TESTATOR.
17. For a testament is OF FORCE AFTER MEN ARE DEAD: OTHERWISE IT IS OF.....NO STRENGTH.. AT ALL WHILE THE TESTATOR LIVETH.
24. For Christ is NOT entered into the Holy places MADE WITH HANDS; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the PRESCENCE of GOD FOR US.
28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

This is the church of the New Testament of Christ.
It was established AFTER Jesus death. Remember he told Peter @ The Passover in Luke 22: 31-34
V32. But I have prayed for thee , that thy faith fail not: and when thou ART CONVERTED, strengthen thy brethern.

Christ God's church is NOT a denomination nor religious affiliation, but is that which is NOT built with hands but each and every heart !

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts :

Hebrews chapter 9
1. Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 -10
11. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a GREATER and more PERFECT tabernacle, NOT MADE WITH HANDS, that is to say, not of this building. (Nor of the blood of animals ,oil or meal sacrifice which only put off the sins for a year.)
15. And for this cause HE IS THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, that by means of  death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16. FOR WHERE A TESTAMENT IS, THERE MUST ALSO OF NECESSITY BE THE DEATH OF THE TESTATOR.
17. For a testament is OF FORCE AFTER MEN ARE DEAD: OTHERWISE IT IS OF.....NO STRENGTH.. AT ALL WHILE THE TESTATOR LIVETH.
24. For Christ is NOT entered into the Holy places MADE WITH HANDS; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the PRESCENCE of GOD FOR US.
28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

This is the church of the New Testament of Christ.
It was established AFTER Jesus death. Remember he told Peter @ The Passover in Luke 22: 31-34
V32. But I have prayed for thee , that thy faith fail not: and when thou ART CONVERTED, strengthen thy brethern.

Christ God's church is NOT a denomination nor religious affiliation, but is that which is NOT built with hands but each and every heart !
Peter wasn't saved and part of the Church present on earth, scripture is pretty simple on this, Peter denied Jesus Christ

You falsely present your statement to suggest that Peter's example applied to all conversions "Wrong"

Matthew 10:32-33KJV
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 22:31-34KJV
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

Peter was converted after the resurrection as seen below, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, and the Lord asked Peter 3 times if he loved him, repentance and conversion

John 21:14-17KJV
14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter wasn't saved and part of the Church present on earth, scripture is pretty simple on this, Peter denied Jesus Christ

You falsely present your statement to suggest that Peter's example applied to all conversions "Wrong"

Matthew 10:32-33KJV
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 22:31-34KJV
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

Peter was converted after the resurrection as seen below, Peter denied Jesus 3 times, and the Lord asked Peter 3 times if he loved him, repentance and conversion

John 21:14-17KJV
14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

You obviously lack SIMPLE COMPREHENSION.

I clearly define by scripture that Christ is the church in us by the New Testament covenant by his death.

I clearly state that Jesus told Peter that AFTER HIS CONVERSION to strengthen the brethren.

CATHOLICS AYE YI YI....... DONT LISTEN , CANT UNDERSTAND AND OPPOSE ALL THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD !

Reactions: Truth7t7

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was converted after the resurrection as seen below, Peter denied Jesus 3 times

No he didn't. He denied knowing who Jesus was. Not the same thing and not something affecting salvation.

, and the Lord asked Peter 3 times if he loved him, repentance and conversion

No repentance was made and no conversion because he was always a Christian.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38-47 tells you how one becomes a member of the body of Christ which is the church. If people were baptized into Christ prior to the day of Pentecost, which we can only assume to be the case, then the church existed prior to then. The church amongst the Jews in Jerusalem was established on the day of Pentecost same as in Acts 10 with the church being established in Caesarea amongst the Gentiles.