....many will say to me 'Lord, Lord'...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Here is a sinister irony.

Religion seeks to bridge the gap between God and people. Religion gives people a name and promises based on adherence to it. One of these names is "Christian."

But religion IS that gap. When we fall into religion...we fall into the breach. So then rather than religion bridging the gap between us and God...it causes people to throw themselves headlong into the breach to their own destruction.

Just as strong drugs cause a person to think they can fly off of buildings (to their own destruction)...so religion is a drug of the soul that causes people to throw themselves from the relative safety of humility and ignorance into the breach of a failed knowledge of God.

But this continues to be ever popular with people looking for a quick fix.
“If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.” (James 1:26) (KJV 1900)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The kind of knowledge that is lacking is not bible knowledge....the kind that puffs people up. But it is the knowledge of oneself...as well as the ways of God that are lacking.
The reason why these forums are so filled with "demands" of scripture is because there heads are filled with "bible " knowledge.

2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is no wonder then that Jesus would not know these people who use an external Christianity to look for external improvements to their lives.

yep

Mat_23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More spiritual confusion being promoted by you. Why would Christians identify themselves as being naked and blind, when that is the condition of the unsaved? And how could both things be true at one and the same time?

If a person is genuinely a child of God, he or she is clothed with the righteousness of Christ (therefore impossible to be spiritually naked).

If a person has the the indwelling Holy Spirit, he or she can see spiritual things (therefore impossible to be spiritually blind).

I am promoting spiritual clarity into the carnal confusion. You are not taking Jesus seriously when He says the the true condition of the end times church (Laodicea) is an unclothed inner man.

The very lack of understanding of this true condition is exemplified by your reaction.

The truth is deeper than putting on a religious persona. Things are not as they seem.

The sin of the Pharisees was that they claimed to see...when the certainly did not. The same is true today of they who claim whatever they read in the bible (the positive sounding statements only)....unless it degrades the outer man....then...these will reject the warning as not being relevant.

That position is a sure fire way to fall into whatever trap is being laid out.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yep

Mat_23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Very good! If I try to explain that God wants nothing to do with the outward man...but wants a connection with the weak inward man, very few will listen. People will reject that weakness...not because they are not really weak...but because they only know how to identify with a prideful outward shell of a person they have always identified themselves to be.

So they reject the call to repentance. They want to meet the Lord in their prideful state. They fail to realize that they are dependent on a "saved" sinful flesh that protects them from any kind of spiritual intervention.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bible knowledge truly humbles people, making them dedicated empty vessels for God's service. It's people who are full of themselves that puffs up and renders them useless.

Actually the bible does both. The problem with an un-crucified man is that his ego grows along with his knowledge....because the outer man has not been dealt with.

Only when the outer man is out of the way....can the inner man lay hold of the truth and grow.

Before we can add...we must subtract.

When you build a house on vacant land there is no need to demolish anything. But we all are like a property that has a house already on it. Before a new house can be built, the old house has to come down.

Now many people will say that the old man is that house...but that is not the case. The old house is the human way of thinking and reasoning that must give way to the mind of Christ.

Reactions: Dave L

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People find it easier to believe in what they can see. But this is not biblical faith. So, many today crave physical stimuli as a crutch to fill the void for their lack of genuine faith.

The RC have their sensual stimuli....and the evangelicals their emotional stimuli.

Biblical faith is always seen in the miraculous, however. A human belief leaves things as they are. But a biblical faith brings along the miraculous. If it doesn't, then we are still stuck in what men can do without Jesus. What would be the point of grace then?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why these forums are so filled with "demands" of scripture is because there heads are filled with "bible " knowledge.

2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Even so...!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the bible does both. The problem with an un-crucified man is that his ego grows along with his knowledge....because the outer man has not been dealt with.

Only when the outer man is out of the way....can the inner man lay hold of the truth and grow.

Before we can add...we must subtract.

When you build a house on vacant land there is no need to demolish anything. But we all are like a property that has a house already on it. Before a new house can be built, the old house has to come down.

Now many people will say that the old man is that house...but that is not the case. The old house is the human way of thinking and reasoning that must give way to the mind of Christ.
And once we have subtracted the addition is then essential. First cleanse and then add proper nourishment:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Reactions: Episkopos

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can only say it as I have said before. Until la man can come to the conclusion that every thing he knows is wrong, and there fore can go to God ans say, " God I know nothing teach me", he remains unteachable,

And for the man who has declared the "bible" to be the word of God, he is even in a worse position, He goes before God to ask God a question about Gods word, " God i have read your word and it says this, teach me". What is God going to do?? if He tells the man it is wrong He may declare to God that God is in error, because God must agree with His own word, because in his own heart he has already declared that the bible is right, or he is going to tell God that He is the devil, in either case he will sin before Gods own face, so to protect that man as God will do He simply says nothing and the man sows the seed of his own destruction.

dangerous place to be.

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

The RC have their sensual stimuli....and the evangelicals their emotional stimuli.

Biblical faith is always seen in the miraculous, however. A human belief leaves things as they are. But a biblical faith brings along the miraculous. If it doesn't, then we are still stuck in what men can do without Jesus. What would be the point of grace then?
I think most of my faith comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I can look back at the miracles of God's providence and it stimulates my mind (flesh), making it more user friendly for my spirit. But the inner witness always comes first at the rest follows. I have some amazing experiences in God's providence that still excite me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amadeus