marriage of the Lamb---Pre Trib ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the Holy Spirit is never taken out of the way, supportive scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"
This is what happens when people confuse the Church with the world, and fail to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

It is BECAUSE the Comforter will abide with the Church forever, that when the Church is raptured (taken out of the way), the Holy Spirit is also taken out of the way at the same time. This allows the Antichrist and Satan to take total control on earth for 3 1/2 years.

And since Scripture says that the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, no one has any business to contradict that.

Reactions: theophilus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what happens when people confuse the Church with the world, and fail to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

It is BECAUSE the Comforter will abide with the Church forever, that when the Church is raptured (taken out of the way), the Holy Spirit is also taken out of the way at the same time. This allows the Antichrist and Satan to take total control on earth for 3 1/2 years.

And since Scripture says that the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way, no one has any business to contradict that.
if that's true them please explain these verses,

#1. Matthew 13:40 "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world". ok, those who are noe christian/Church is burned in the fire, WHEN? in the end of this world"

#2. Matthew 13:49 "So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just",

ok Enoch please explain how the Just is with the wicked ... AT THE END OF THE WORLD, if they are suppose to be taken out already. so please explain

PICJAG.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cant help but wonder why Pre trib theory says this happens during the tribulation????? why would they start the Marriage of the Lamb before all believers are saved???

Precisely

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok Enoch please explain how the Just is with the wicked ... AT THE END OF THE WORLD, if they are suppose to be taken out already. so please explain
Here is what that passage means.

REVELATION 20: THE TARES BURNED BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is
the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. [Note: the tares are the unsaved therefore absent from the Book of Life]

2 PETER 3: FIERY CLEANSING AT THE END OF THE WORLD
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

THEN COME THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Rev 21:1) [Note: since Peter had already revealed the end of the world, John did not mention it but went directly to the revelation of the New Heaven and the New Earth]

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what that passage means.

REVELATION 20: THE TARES BURNED BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is
the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. [Note: the tares are the unsaved therefore absent from the Book of Life]

2 PETER 3: FIERY CLEANSING AT THE END OF THE WORLD
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

THEN COME THE NEW HEAVENS AND THE NEW EARTH
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Rev 21:1) [Note: since Peter had already revealed the end of the world, John did not mention it but went directly to the revelation of the New Heaven and the New Earth]
ERROR, You said, "THE TARES BURNED BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD?. that's an untruth, Jesus said, not Enoch, but Jesus said, Matthew 13:49 "So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just". now listen real good, Matthew 13:40 "As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world". NOT before, so you ERROR, what to try again?.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Dave M

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:2:
“To the church of God which is in Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, the called saints.

------------------------I am thinking the church is made up of saints

Revelation 13:7
7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them.[a] And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation,

-----------------------------------Seems the saints (which I think is the church) are going to be in tribulation.
Is there another definition for the Church in the bible some wear maybe??
There will be saints in the tribulation but they will not be part of the church. A saint is someone who is a believer in God. In the Old Testament believers are called saints. For example, Psalm 16:3 says, "
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight." Those who become believers after the rapture are also called saints.

"who are left" seems to suggest left after the tribulation to me

1 Thessalonians 4:17 …..Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

seems not until the end of tribulation does he gather his elect
To understand 1 Thessalonians 4:17 you need to also read verse 16.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

The dead in Christ are raised first. Then they and the living believers, the ones who are left, will be caught up together to meet Christ in the air and be with him always.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed.

Getting back to the marriage beginning at the last supper..

Have you read the book of Tobit?
Tobiah is a 'type' of Christ.

He leaves his father and travels to his kinsmens home to take a wife.
The wedding feast begins there. He drives away the demon that jealously guards his bride and consumates the marriage.
The feast continues but Tobiah must leave to return to his father.
He sets out with her, but leaves her and goes on ahead to prepare a place for her in his fathers house.
When she nears the end of her journey tobiah comes to meet her and bring her to his father.
The wedding feast continues in his fathers house...

Peace be with you!
Greeting, I read the book of Tolbit, I have to tell you the truth, didn't take much stock in it. as for Tobias, not saying that you're right or wrong, but being a type of "Christ?", well I keep the jury out on that one. but what got me was the angel/man Raphael in what he said about his genealogy of being of the stock of Nephthali. why did he say he had kinfolks, when in actuality he's an angel. I can understand the undercover part, but why say that he's of the genealogy of being in the stock of Nephthali?. there is no genealogy of angels. AND WHAT HE DID WITH THE EVIL SPIRIT, ... OK, I can go along with that to a point.
and for Tobias bride/wife she had been married to seven husbands, but not in a consummated marriage?, if so not completed because all 7 died whom this evil spirit Asmodeus killed, becaue he, the evil, spirit was in love with the woman? ..... (smile) and how and what way this was done to get rid of the evil spirit is sceptical .

so the whole book and the marriage is a little suspect to me. but 80% of it could be answered by scripture, but when 20% contridict scripture of the bible then I must reject. not saying that what was written is true or not as it was told, but tolbit was not move to write by the Holy Ghost, so that leaves the door open to scepticism.

but it was an intresting read.

PICJAG.

Reactions: theophilus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Greeting, I read the book of Tolbit, I have to tell you the truth, didn't take much stock in it. as for Tobias, not saying that you're right or wrong, but being a type of "Christ?", well I keep the jury out on that one.

Thanks for reading it. And if the jury is still out ;) May I suggest He is a type in this way:

1.He leaves his father and goes to where his bride is to wed her
2. the wedding begins there
3. he saves her from the demon that holds her
4. they set out for his his fathers house
5. he goes ahead to prepare a place for her
6. she journeys on after him
7. he brings her to his father
8. the wedding feast continues

John the baptist announces the beggining of the wedding here:

The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best man, 14 who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete.

John 3:29

Peace be with you!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for reading it. And if the jury is still out ;) May I suggest He is a type in this way:

1.He leaves his father and goes to where his bride is to wed her
2. the wedding begins there
3. he saves her from the demon that holds her
4. they set out for his his fathers house
5. he goes ahead to prepare a place for her
6. she journeys on after him
7. he brings her to his father
8. the wedding feast continues

John the baptist announces the beggining of the wedding here:

The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best man, 14 who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete.

John 3:29

Peace be with you!
Thanks for the reply, yes John annonced the wedding party, and as usual at night when these procession starts, Night signifying spiritual ignorance/darkness.

and I can see the wedding dinner being the first to eat while on the journey with the bride, and the Supper at home with his father, this is known, and if the angels came then we know who are the guest there.

so the Wedding "Dinner" and then the Wedding "Supper", this is know in the bible also, but the one thing is this, Tobias, he left with his Wife, and went to his father house, and before he got all the way there he went ahead and prepared the house ready. as far as I read in the bible, Jesus left alone from the mount and was recieved up in a cloud, but he did prepared a place for us. so if you can find where christ took the church/bride with him,
READ CHAPTER 10,
10:8 But his father in law said unto him, Tarry with me, and I will send to thy father, and they shall declare unto him how things go with thee.
10:9 But Tobias said, No; but let me go to my father.
10:10 Then Raguel arose, and gave him Sara his wife, and half his goods, servants, and cattle, and money:
10:11 And he blessed them, and sent them away, saying, The God of heaven give you a prosperous journey, my children.
10:12 And he said to his daughter, Honour thy father and thy mother in law, which are now thy parents, that I may hear good report of thee. And he kissed her. Edna also said to Tobias, The Lord of heaven restore thee, my dear brother, and grant that I may see thy children of my daughter Sara before I die, that I may rejoice before the Lord: behold, I commit my daughter unto thee of special trust; where are do not entreat her evil.

uless our Lord took the church/his bride with him when he left then that would be a perfect parallel.

but as said, it's a good read.

be blessed.

PICJAG.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
uless our Lord took the church/his bride with him when he left then that would be a perfect parallel.

You make a good point.
And i would suggest that the Church did start out with Him after the resurrection.
And as for the acension, well. Jesus has an advantage on Tobiah.. He can both go to His father to prepare a place for His bride and be with her as she makes her pilgrimage there:

"And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

so the Wedding "Dinner" and then the Wedding "Supper", this is know in the bible also,

Can you explain to me what you mean by wedding dinner as opposed to wedding supper?

I am rather enjoying our discussion. Thank you for a pleasant discourse.

Peace!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make a good point.
And i would suggest that the Church did start out with Him after the resurrection.
And as for the acension, well. Jesus has an advantage on Tobiah.. He can both go to His father to prepare a place for His bride and be with her as she makes her pilgrimage there:

"And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

Can you explain to me what you mean by wedding dinner as opposed to wedding supper?

I am rather enjoying our discussion. Thank you for a pleasant discourse.

Peace!
Hi PJ, if you don't mind. first thanks for the reply, and second, you have a good point too. the Lord Jesus do have an advantage over a human.

as for the wedding Supper, and dinner

Dinner:
G712 ἄριστον ariston (a'-riy-ston) n.
1. the best meal (or breakfast).
2. perhaps from eri (“early”), i.e. luncheon.
[apparently neuter of a superlative from G142, by way of G730]
KJV: dinner
Root(s): G142

Supper:
G1173 δεῖπνον deipnon (d̮eip'-non) n.
dinner, i.e. the chief meal (usually in the evening).
[from dapto “to devour”]
KJV: feast, supper

see the difference, Dinner, "early" in the day, and Supper, "Late" in the Day.

there are some words that are similar and can be confusing, as in G1173 δεῖπνον deipnon (d̮eip'-non) n.
dinner, i.e. the chief meal (usually in the evening).
[from dapto “to devour”]
KJV: feast, supper
meaning the only meal one ate all day, or the missing of lunch and this is dinner for them in the evening, see it now.

as Tobiah went in the far country to meet his bride, there they had the wedding "Dinner", and when he got back to his Father house, "Later", they ate "Supper".

so on the dinner and the supper they was on point.

when Christ first came that was the dinner which the Jews refused to eat, for they all had excuses. so the call/invitation went out to the highway and byways for all and any to come to the "Supper" ............. which was "Later".

now some other point which could be explained even from the bible itself. the fish gall, and the heart and the liver of the fish that was used. from the bible prospective there was a blind man the Lord Jesus spit and mixed with some dirt made some sptttle and anotied the blind man eyes. so a heal as such could have been possible. or as to the casting out of the evil spirit who kill the 7 men, maybe in metaphorically terms. for God himself smell the odours, the aroma, or fragrant of the prayers of the saints. both of these incidents are bible. metaphorically speaking.

I have some other points to bring out but I'll let you speak.

and yes, this is an enjoyable discussion, civil as a discussion should be. it's very refreshing.

Thanks and be blessed,

PICJAG.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
see the difference, Dinner, "early" in the day, and Supper, "Late" in the

Yes, i do understand the distinction you are making here. Do you have some verses that speak of a 'wedding luncheon'? I would be interested in reading their passages and see if they bear on our discussion.

or as to the casting out of the evil spirit who kill the 7 men, maybe in metaphorically terms. for God himself smell the odours, the aroma, or fragrant of the prayers of the saints. both of these incidents are bible. metaphorically

That seems like a reasonable inference to me. And perhaps the seven killed suitors are an allusion to all (7) the Prophets...

My main reason in suggesting Tobit was the wedding parallel and more specifically the place where the marital covenant was consumated.. I will come back to this.

when Christ first came that was the dinner which the Jews refused to eat, for they all had excuses. so the call/invitation went out to the highway and byways for all and any to come to the "Supper" ............. which was "Later".

And this brings us back to my original point. Not all the Jews refused to come and eat. The faithful remnant did come, and eat..

It is here, at the 'last supper', that Jesus consumates the New Covenant with Israel (the apostles).
'this Cup is the new covenant in My Blood, take and drink'
' this is My Body, take and eat'

The Groom offering Himself to His bride, and she, receiving Him. The two made one flesh...

This is what Paul is referring to when he said: 'this is a great mystery, but I speak of Christ and His church.'

And the fruit of that union?

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches 6 in their hands.

Now you referenced a parable that is dear to my heart so I'd like to look at that if I may:

I think we can agree that those who were invited and refused to come, were the Jews that rejected Christ.

But what happens next?

The servant went and reported this to his master. Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.'

This is fulfilled as the apostles preach to Isreal, many of whom join the banquet...

The servant reported, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.'

The master then ordered the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled.

And this is the Gospel and the invitation coming to the gentiles, many of whom join the banquet...

This parable is dear to me, because the Lord has placed it on my heart to hand out invitations....

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, i do understand the distinction you are making here. Do you have some verses that speak of a 'wedding luncheon'? I would be interested in reading their passages and see if they bear on our discussion.

That seems like a reasonable inference to me. And perhaps the seven killed suitors are an allusion to all (7) the Prophets...

My main reason in suggesting Tobit was the wedding parallel and more specifically the place where the marital covenant was consumated.. I will come back to this.

And this brings us back to my original point. Not all the Jews refused to come and eat. The faithful remnant did come, and eat..

It is here, at the 'last supper', that Jesus consumates the New Covenant with Israel (the apostles).
'this Cup is the new covenant in My Blood, take and drink'
' this is My Body, take and eat'

The Groom offering Himself to His bride, and she, receiving Him. The two made one flesh...

This is what Paul is referring to when he said: 'this is a great mystery, but I speak of Christ and His church.'

And the fruit of that union?

After this I had a vision of a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation, race, people, and tongue. They stood before the throne and before the Lamb, wearing white robes and holding palm branches 6 in their hands.

Now you referenced a parable that is dear to my heart so I'd like to look at that if I may:

I think we can agree that those who were invited and refused to come, were the Jews that rejected Christ.

But what happens next?

The servant went and reported this to his master. Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.'

This is fulfilled as the apostles preach to Isreal, many of whom join the banquet...

The servant reported, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.'

The master then ordered the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled.

And this is the Gospel and the invitation coming to the gentiles, many of whom join the banquet...

This parable is dear to me, because the Lord has placed it on my heart to hand out invitations....

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!
thanks for the reply,
Matthew 22:1 "And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
Matthew 22:2 "The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Matthew 22:3 "And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Matthew 22:4 "Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Matthew 22:5 "But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Matthew 22:6 "And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. (the prophets killed).
Matthew 22:7 "But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Matthew 22:8 "Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Matthew 22:9 "Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Matthew 22:10 "So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Matthew 22:11 "And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Matthew 22:12 "And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Matthew 22:13 "Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

this was the first call to "dinner, now the second call to supper,
Luke 14:16 "Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:(the call again to many)
Luke 14:17 "And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. (the dinner later)
Luke 14:18 "And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
Luke 14:19 "And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
Luke 14:20 "And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
Luke 14:21 "So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
Luke 14:22 "And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luke 14:23 "And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. (until the fullnest of the Gentiles come in).
Luke 14:24 "For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

so a dinner and a supper was made.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, i had always thought of those as the same parable.. Im going to have to re read them and think about that.

Peace!

At "dinner" the servants was killed, Matthew 22:6 "And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. (the prophets killed).

Luke 14:17 "And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

these servants was not killed.

but read these scriptures closley.

PICJAG.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 19:7-9
Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

I cant help but wonder why Pre trib theory says this happens during the tribulation????? why would they start the Marriage of the Lamb before all believers are saved??? We know for a fact there are believers on the earth during the tribulation are they not married to the Lamb also???

Revelation 19:1-21 ESV / 4 helpful votes
After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.” Once more they cried out, “Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up forever and ever.” And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who was seated on the throne, saying, “Amen. Hallelujah!” And from the throne came a voice saying, “Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, small and great.” ...

in the very begging of the chapter,, which to me suggest that this happens before the marriage supper ,, the judgement occurs, well I would have to think that happens after tribulation, giving more evidence that the supper being after the tribulation with all believers makes much more sense to me.

any thoughts??

You're right to have doubts about their teaching of those Rev.19 Scriptures.

In their religious fervor to try and prove the pre-trib rapture theory, the pre-trib folks completely bypass the evidence in the first Revelation 19:1-9 that shows the timing of that marriage is AFTER the defeat of the Babylon Harlot.

Everything in 'green' below reveals a time for after... Christ's return and defeat of His enemies on earth:

Rev 19:1-9
19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, 'Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are His judgments: for He hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of His servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, 'Alleluia.' And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.'

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God That sat on the throne, saying, 'Amen; Alleluia.'

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, 'Praise our God, all ye His servants, and ye that fear Him, both small and great.'

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, 'Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.'

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, 'Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.' And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
KJV

However...

... the Revelation 19:11-21 verses are definitely... all about the last day of this present world, which is the day of Christ's 2nd coming to fight against His enemies on earth, and subdue them all. That of course has not happened yet.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but read these scriptures closley.

Hello,

Hey. Sorry it took me a while to respond . I wanted to really work this over for a while.

And I can't see these talking of different events. Just some extra details here and there..

I tried pasting them together to see how/if they lined up..
** my comments ** else its all in order with MATT or LUKE when i have left off one and continued in the other..

**Jesus' preaching the Kingdom:**

LUKE He replied to him, "A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many.
When the time for the dinner came, he dispatched his servant to say to those invited, 'Come, everything is now ready.'
MATT The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast 2 for his son.

**The apostles and the 72 preaching the kingdom with Jesus**

He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come.

**after Pentecost the apostles ministry to the Jews**

A second time he sent other servants, saying,
'Tell those invited: "Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast."'

LUKE But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves. The first said to him, 'I have purchased a field and must go to examine it; I ask you, consider me excused.'
And another said, 'I have purchased five yoke of oxen and am on my way to evaluate them; I ask you, consider me excused.'
And another said, 'I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot come.'
MATT Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business.

** first persecution of the Church by the Jewish religious authorities. Saul was prominent in this (St. Stephen pray for us!)**

The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them.

**final ministry to the Jews and the destruction of Jerusalem **
LUKE The servant went and reported this to his master.
Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.'
MATT The king was enraged and sent his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city.

** Gospel to the gentiles. St. Paul is prominent in this **

LUKE The servant reported, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.'
MATT Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come.
Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.'
LUKE The master then ordered the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled.
MATT The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests.

** now this has gone out to the whole world
and everywhere the pure sacrifice is offered in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11...
and so now we await the glorious return of Christ **

But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.
He said to him, 'My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?' But he was reduced to silence.
Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.'
Many are invited, but few are chosen."

LUKE For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.'"

I'll give you time to chew on that..

I do believe it is the same feast we are called to, but maybe perhaps the difference in dinner/supper has something to do with the eternal feast, that we participate in when we celebrate the Eucharist here in time... those who have gone before us are at the 'supper' and we, still sojourning here in a strange land , are at the 'dinner' ?

Peace be with you!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey. Sorry it took me a while to respond . I wanted to really work this over for a while.

And I can't see these talking of different events. Just some extra details here and there..
no worries, if you didn't see it. I tried to highlight the important difference.

Matthew 22:5 "But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Matthew 22:6 "And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. (the prophets killed).
Matthew 22:7 "But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

Luke 14:22 "And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
Luke 14:23 "And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. (until the fullnest of the Gentiles come in).
Luke 14:24 "For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

in Matthews, God sent prophet after prophet, but then he sent his son. and they killed him, but he rose, and now, (Later, near supper time), he has sent his apostle until the fullness of the Gentiles come in. it's ongoing now right now as we speak.

PICJAG

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no worries, if you didn't see it. I tried to highlight the important difference.

in Matthews, God sent prophet after prophet, but then he sent his son. and they killed him, but he rose, and now, (Later, near supper time), he has sent his apostle until the fullness of the Gentiles come in. it's ongoing now right now as we speak.

PICJAG

Thank you for a pleasant and thought provoking dialogue.

May the love of God and the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you always!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried pasting them together to see how/if they lined up..
** my comments ** else its all in order with MATT or LUKE when i have left off one and continued in the other..

**Jesus' preaching the Kingdom:**

LUKE He replied to him, "A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many.
When the time for the dinner came, he dispatched his servant to say to those invited, 'Come, everything is now ready.'
MATT The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast 2 for his son.

**The apostles and the 72 preaching the kingdom with Jesus**

He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come.

**after Pentecost the apostles ministry to the Jews**

A second time he sent other servants, saying,
'Tell those invited: "Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast."'

LUKE But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves. The first said to him, 'I have purchased a field and must go to examine it; I ask you, consider me excused.'
And another said, 'I have purchased five yoke of oxen and am on my way to evaluate them; I ask you, consider me excused.'
And another said, 'I have just married a woman, and therefore I cannot come.'
MATT Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business.

** first persecution of the Church by the Jewish religious authorities. Saul was prominent in this (St. Stephen pray for us!)**

The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them.

**final ministry to the Jews and the destruction of Jerusalem **
LUKE The servant went and reported this to his master.
Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.'
MATT The king was enraged and sent his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city.

** Gospel to the gentiles. St. Paul is prominent in this **

LUKE The servant reported, 'Sir, your orders have been carried out and still there is room.'
MATT Then he said to his servants, 'The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come.
Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.'
LUKE The master then ordered the servant, 'Go out to the highways and hedgerows and make people come in that my home may be filled.
MATT The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests.

** now this has gone out to the whole world
and everywhere the pure sacrifice is offered in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11...
and so now we await the glorious return of Christ **

But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment.
He said to him, 'My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?' But he was reduced to silence.
Then the king said to his attendants, 'Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.'
Many are invited, but few are chosen."

LUKE For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.'"

I'll give you time to chew on that..

I do believe it is the same feast we are called to, but maybe perhaps the difference in dinner/supper has something to do with the eternal feast, that we participate in when we celebrate the Eucharist here in time... those who have gone before us are at the 'supper' and we, still sojourning here in a strange land , are at the 'dinner' ?

Peace be with you!

I'd agree that the wedding feast parable our Lord Jesus gave covers the rejection of The Gospel by the Jews and then offered to the Gentiles.

But the actual time of the wedding feast, no, that event is set for the day of our Lord Jesus' return. There exists enough parallel Scriptures to prove this...

Luke 12:36-40
36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

KJV

That day when He will serve His servants that meat He links to the day of His 2nd coming.

Isaiah 25 has a section about that future feast also, if you can receive it.