• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you can see that. When I have mentioned this point with other believers, they simply were unable to see what I was talking about. We regard certain things as real when we watch fictional things, and its a fact that Marvel and DC movies promote or push various sins. I used to think that they were minor and there was a greater good to the story so that I could justify my watching them, but we cannot say that subtle sins here and there are not affecting us. I would encourage believers to watch Christian movies instead.
Agreed.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway let's not just single out Marvel and DC, as the whole film and TV and publishing industry is riddled with antichrists all pushing their warped agenda.

Reactions: FHII

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prefer the simple approach..:)
Jesus said:-"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)

First, you are proving your belief by using the Bible and not some outside extra biblical source.

Second, Jesus also said, “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” (John 12:48). In other words, Jesus said if we do not receive His words, those words will judge us on the last day. The words of Jesus we do have are now immortalized into Scripture. So to attack Scripture (saying they should not be studied as a means of eternal life) means one can say the same thing about the words of Jesus (Which is obviously false).

Three, 2 Timothy 2:15 says study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not be ashamed. God’s people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says all Scripture is profitable for doctrine, correction, and instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works. Jesus says my words are spirit (spiritual), and they are life (John 6:63). Again, the words of Jesus are provided for us as Scripture, and so to attack Scripture and say they don’t bring everlasting life would be false because Jesus says His words are life. In fact…

Christ quotes Scripture as an authority:

In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the amor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12).

So in John 5:39-40: Jesus was not referring to how it was wrong for the Jews to regard the Scriptures as a means of eternal life.

For we know that by the word, it can quicken or make one alive (Psalms 119:50).

Peter said to Jesus that he had the words of everlasting life, and yet Jesus quoted the Scripture of truth.

So in John 5:39-40: Obviously Jesus was referring to the fact about how the Jews missed in seeing Jesus in the Scriptures because they testified of Him who is eternal life. Jesus was not saying that it was wrong to seek the Scriptures for eternal life. He was criticizing how it would be wrong to do that if they missed seeing Him who is eternal life.

You said:
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)

The simplicity in Christ is being contrasted with those who preach another Jesus, and another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4). The simplicity in Christ is being contrasted to false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves [falsely] into the apostles of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:13). I believe they are the kind of believers who justify sin and evil and they can be found in great number in popular Christianity today. They believe they can sin and still be saved all because they have a belief alone in Jesus.

2 Corinthians 11:3 says,
“as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty”

Simplicity is defined in the King James Bible Dictionary as:

freedom from duplicity; plainness. freedom from subtilty.

Source:
King James Bible Dictionary - Reference List - Simplicity

The devil employed duplicity. Duplicity is deceitfulness. Appearing to be one way as good, and yet having evil intentions. When the serpent tempted Eve in the garden, he told a truth to a certain point that would benefit him, and yet he also wrapped it up in a lie. The serpent basically told Eve a lie that she could break God’s command and not die.

So the simplicity in Christ is not referring to how you should be simple minded as we would understand that word today (like over simplifying things in life), but it would be in reference to being free from duplicity or deception or subtlety that the devil employed.

Simplicity is an archaic word in the King James Bible.
With the exception of CEV, most all the creators behind Modern Bibles have not picked up on this fact.

The Contempoary English Version best describes 2 Corinthians 11:3 in my humble opinion (using the words “honest and sincere way” as a definition for the archaic word “simplicity” in the King James Bible).

2 Corinthians 11:3 CEV says:
“But now I fear that you will be tricked, just as Eve was tricked by that lying snake. I am afraid that you might stop thinking about Christ in an honest and sincere way.”

So the CEV Translation describes best what the King James Bible is saying in this instance. Simplicity would mean honesty and or sincerity.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway let's not just single out Marvel and DC, as the whole film and TV and publishing industry is riddled with antichrists all pushing their warped agenda.

No doubt the whole of Hollywood is pushing a false antichrist agenda. But Marvel and DC films have some of the biggest box office sales and therefore the biggest sway over people’s minds. You take down this idol and they will start to take down the other idols because they are starting to see what big budge Hollywood movies are really pushing or promoting. To not speak out against them is to let people perish because one does not care for people’s souls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No doubt the whole of Hollywood is pushing a false antichrist agenda..

Yes, for example the list of film scenes where grown men are kissing and fondling children is as long as your arm, usually the kid is the character's son or daughter wihich gives the actor the excuse that "it's in the script".
Not all actors are paedophiles of course, but some may well be, plus it may be hollywood's sly way of sneaking paedophilia onto the screen.
I've got stills from the offending scenes on my hard drive, most of the actors are big well-known stars but I'm reticent to post the pics here as it might be seen as slander without proof.
However to show what I'm talking about, here's one superstar kissing a little girl on the lips in one of his films, I've blanked out his face-

Yuk3.jpg

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for example the list of film scenes where grown men are kissing and fondling children is as long as your arm, usually the kid is the character's son or daughter wihich gives the actor the excuse that "it's in the script".
Not all actors are paedophiles of course, but some may well be, plus it may be hollywood's sly way of sneaking paedophilia onto the screen.
I've got stills from the offending scenes on my hard drive, most of the actors are big well-known stars but I'm reticent to post the pics here as it might be seen as slander without proof.
However to show what I'm talking about, here's one superstar kissing a little girl on the lips in one of his films, I've blanked out his face-

View attachment 23585

We live in dark times.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And as if that's not bad enough, we're also being subjected to perverted adverts like these-

This is a still from a 'McCains Foods' TV advert showing a gay "couple" kissing in front of their adopted child-
mccain-aug-017.jpg

And this Lloyds bank ad shows a gay man proposing "marriage" to his boyfriend-
lloyds-homo-propsal-2018.jpg

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There really isn't much Godly about comics or the movies they produce. That's no surprise. But comics have been around since the 1930's.

While there have been TV shows and movies since the 60's, it seems that things really took off with superman starring Christopher Reeves as superman and Michael Keaton as Batman in the 80's. Allreletively tame, IMO.

I loved them and the comic books in my youth. Even as and adult, but the have deteriorated. The thing is, everything else has as well. These movies are catering to our tastes. Look at pro wrestling: the days of a baby face being loved and a heel being hated are gone.

Yes, the superhero movies are doing this, but they aren't setting the pattern for us; they are following our pattern. If you doubt that, look at the music industry. Elvis was scandalous in his time. Madonna was too. Does anyone remember the one hit wonder Samantha Fox? Now, their shows and videos are pretty tame.

Still, I want to give you a link to an X Men cartoon. Marvel hasn't always portrayed Christianity in a bad light:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes and to their credit, some media moguls were not afraid to portray religion in a good light..:)

Religion in Star Trek

Picard celebrates Christmas with his family in the Nexus ("Star Trek Generations")
rel-Star_Trek_generations_zpsc5bc495d.jpg

An alien 'god' demands Kirk worships him but Kirk replies-"Mankind has no need of gods, we find the One quite adequate" (OST: 'Who Mourns for Adonais")
McCoy says 'Lord forgive me" when he kills an alien with a phaser blast that's taken the form of an attractive human woman. (OST: The Man Trap)
The rebels on Magna Roma, a nearly perfect "Parallel Earth", seem to worship the "sun", which Uhura discovers is actually God's "Son" Jesus. (OST: "Bread and Circuses").
In the wedding chapel on the Enterprise we can see a sort of altar and some religious symbols, among them a cross (OST: "Balance of Terror").
The computer M-5 states: "Murder is contrary to the laws of man and God" (OST: "The Ultimate Computer").
Dr. Ozaba quotes from the Bible- "In His hands are the deep places of the Earth. Psalm 95, verse 4." (OST: "The Empath").
Spock, traveling back in time to save his own life, presents himself to his parents as a cousin making a ritual journey "to honor our gods". (TAS: "Yesteryear").
Vulcans, like many other races, believe in a spiritual place from which they as a people were born. Their name for this place is Sha Ka Ree ("Star Trek V")
Edith Keeler runs a Christian mission and soup kitchen in New York in the 1930s (TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever")
The Caldos Colony includes a church or chapel and we can hear the attendees say "Amen" (TNG: "Sub Rosa")
Sisko recites from the Bible to his son's surprise. He also appears as a priest in Ben's hallucination (DS9: "Far Beyond the Stars")
Kasidy says she would like to have a priest to perform the wedding ceremony (DS9: "Penumbra")

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as if that's not bad enough, we're also being subjected to perverted adverts like these-

This is a still from a 'McCains Foods' TV advert showing a gay "couple" kissing in front of their adopted child-
View attachment 23588

View attachment 23587

This is what I disagree about the Marvel and DC documentary. The creator of the documentary shows unnecessary things in the video that are gratuitously evil. Disturbing imagery does not always need to be shown to get one's point across.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There really isn't much Godly about comics or the movies they produce. That's no surprise. But comics have been around since the 1930's.

While there have been TV shows and movies since the 60's, it seems that things really took off with superman starring Christopher Reeves as superman and Michael Keaton as Batman in the 80's. Allreletively tame, IMO.

The documentary goes into explaining the origins of Batman and Superman and they are not good.
The documentary also shows things in the first Superman movie.
Check out the documentary at ChristianCinema.

You said:
I loved them and the comic books in my youth. Even as and adult, but the have deteriorated. The thing is, everything else has as well. These movies are catering to our tastes.

I also loved these comic books in my youth and as an adult, but the Bible says not to love the world and neither things in the world (1 John 2:15). The sinful agenda is just one reason why.

You said:
Yes, the superhero movies are doing this, but they aren't setting the pattern for us; they are following our pattern. If you doubt that, look at the music industry. Elvis was scandalous in his time. Madonna was too. Does anyone remember the one hit wonder Samantha Fox? Now, their shows and videos are pretty tame.

They are of the world (Which was sinful). One can point out sins in both the comics and movies.

You said:
Still, I want to give you a link to an X Men cartoon. Marvel hasn't always portrayed Christianity in a bad light:

This is what makes it even more deceptive.

They can say they are Christian, but the life they live and what they say at other points shows they are not.
Wolverine's life is one of violence to solve his problems.

2 Corinthians 11:13
“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.”

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and to their credit, some media moguls were not afraid to portray religion in a good light..:)

Religion in Star Trek

Picard celebrates Christmas with his family in the Nexus ("Star Trek Generations")
View attachment 23589

An alien 'god' demands Kirk worships him but Kirk replies-"Mankind has no need of gods, we find the One quite adequate" (OST: 'Who Mourns for Adonais")
McCoy says 'Lord forgive me" when he kills an alien with a phaser blast that's taken the form of an attractive human woman. (OST: The Man Trap)
The rebels on Magna Roma, a nearly perfect "Parallel Earth", seem to worship the "sun", which Uhura discovers is actually God's "Son" Jesus. (OST: "Bread and Circuses").
In the wedding chapel on the Enterprise we can see a sort of altar and some religious symbols, among them a cross (OST: "Balance of Terror").
The computer M-5 states: "Murder is contrary to the laws of man and God" (OST: "The Ultimate Computer").
Dr. Ozaba quotes from the Bible- "In His hands are the deep places of the Earth. Psalm 95, verse 4." (OST: "The Empath").
Spock, traveling back in time to save his own life, presents himself to his parents as a cousin making a ritual journey "to honor our gods". (TAS: "Yesteryear").
Vulcans, like many other races, believe in a spiritual place from which they as a people were born. Their name for this place is Sha Ka Ree ("Star Trek V")
Edith Keeler runs a Christian mission and soup kitchen in New York in the 1930s (TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever")
The Caldos Colony includes a church or chapel and we can hear the attendees say "Amen" (TNG: "Sub Rosa")
Sisko recites from the Bible to his son's surprise. He also appears as a priest in Ben's hallucination (DS9: "Far Beyond the Stars")
Kasidy says she would like to have a priest to perform the wedding ceremony (DS9: "Penumbra")

I used to own all five of the Star Trek series from Original Series to Enterprise (Including the movies at the time). I used to know many of the episodes by name. So I was very familiar with the mentions of Christian things in them.

However, Star Trek is full of New Age godless themes such as telepathic communication, psychic phenomena, atheism, evolution, prostitution, feminism, paganism, homosexuality, telekinesis, witchcraft, mind transference, wiccanism, and many occult themes. So it's a cesspool of many ideas. Pick and choose what you want in Star Trek. There is something for everyone. But I don't believe that is how the Lord wants us to live and or focus our minds and hearts upon.

I am glad I have given up watching Star Trek for Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 23588

View attachment 23587
Yes very sickening.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Religion in Star Trek

View attachment 23589

Is that the one with the Greek God Apollo, and in the Pantheon they have all the Gods listed and there is one empty spot with a plaque that reads the unknown God, referring to God Jehovah?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I used to own all five of the Star Trek series from Original Series to Enterprise (Including the movies at the time). I used to know many of the episodes by name. So I was very familiar with the mentions of Christian things in them.
However, Star Trek is full of New Age godless themes such as telepathic communication, psychic phenomena, atheism, evolution, prostitution, feminism, paganism, homosexuality, telekinesis, witchcraft, mind transference, wiccanism, and many occult themes. So it's a cesspool of many ideas. Pick and choose what you want in Star Trek. There is something for everyone. But I don't believe that is how the Lord wants us to live and or focus our minds and hearts upon.
I am glad I have given up watching Star Trek for Jesus Christ.

I've only ever watched the original 1960's Star Trek and the 1990's ST The New Generation and they seemed innocent and entertaining enough,
but all the other series in the ST franchise quickly bored me (especially the blatantly effeminate homosexual characters and other unsavoury aspects) so I stopped watching them.
Incidentally, many of the things you mentioned like telepathy, psychic phenomena etc are also found in the Bible.
In a sense, Jesus's 37 miracles can be regarded as a fascinating "Superscience' that we know nothing about, and hopefully that'll draw kids to the Bible to find out more..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is that the one with the Greek God Apollo, and in the Pantheon they have all the Gods listed and there is one empty spot with a plaque that reads the unknown God, referring to God Jehovah?

I think it was the "Who Mourns for Adonais' episode-
An alien 'god' demands Kirk worships him but Kirk replies-"Mankind has no need of gods, we find the One quite adequate"

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was the "Who Mourns for Adonais' episode-
An alien 'god' demands Kirk worships him but Kirk replies-"Mankind has no need of gods, we find the One quite adequate"
I think the one I'm thinking about is a different episode, it actually has the Greek God Apollo in it.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Religion gets a nice subtle mention in the film 'Gravity' starring George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, SPOILER ALERT-
she's stranded alone in an orbiting spaceship and has to look through the operating manual to see what buttons to press to get back safely to earth.
She wasn't religious and said earlier "I don't know how to pray" but when she makes it back to earth she mutters "Thank you", presumably to God..:)

grav-aa_zps6bb2c6e1.jpg

gravity-2_zps206c1270.jpg