Matthew 10:33 and Matthew 26:75

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 10:33 (NKJV)
But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 26:75 (NKJV)
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.
Jesus compassion, mercy, forgiveness and love far exceeds the words in scripture.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.
Jesus compassion, mercy, forgiveness and love far exceeds the words in scripture.
Hi Marc,
Interesting verses and opening comment.

From another point of view, the Will and Work of God are made known in the Word of God.

I think it is worth noting Peter's denial was temporary, repented of and retracted prior to the formation of New Testament Scripture, which actually conveys the extent of the compassion, mercy, forgiveness, and love, of Jesus and provides examples of it.

Paul instructed Titus to "sharply rebuke" certain Cretans who claimed to know God but were denying Him by the way they lived.

Tit 1:12-14 One of them, a prophet of their own, said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons." (13) This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, (14) not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.

Tit 1:15-16 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. (16) They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Reactions: Marc RL Ministry

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Marc,
Interesting verses and opening comment.

From another point of view, the Will and Work of God are made known in the Word of God.

I think it is worth noting Peter's denial was temporary, repented of and retracted prior to the formation of New Testament Scripture, which actually conveys the extent of the compassion, mercy, forgiveness, and love, of Jesus and provides examples of it.

Paul instructed Titus to "sharply rebuke" certain Cretans who claimed to know God but were denying Him by the way they lived.

Tit 1:12-14 One of them, a prophet of their own, said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons." (13) This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, (14) not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.

Tit 1:15-16 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. (16) They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

100% agree and I think that's the difference Peter was following himself not just claiming to be of Christ.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regards to Matthew 10:33, in context, this passage relates to the fact that the Pharisees had continuously denied Jesus while the disciples continued to confess Christ in every city they visited. We might paraphrase His teaching this way: "Whoever confesses me before men (such as you disciples), I will confess him before my Father in heaven. But whoever denies me before men (like the Pharisees on a continuous basis), I will deny him before my Father in heaven.

Those who confess Jesus are those who recognize Him as being the true Messiah and trust in Him for salvation. The word for "deny" is an aorist tense. This points to the fact that Jesus is not talking about a single instance of denial (as was the case with Peter, who actually denied Jesus three times (Luke 22:56-62) but is referring to life in its entirety.