Meet the ruler of the Nations, the Shepherd.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 12:5 - Amplified version.
And she gave birth to a Son, a male Child, who is destined to rule (shepherd) all the nations with a rod of iron; and her Child was caught up to God and to His throne.

Revelation 2:27
and he shall shepherd and rule them with a rod of iron, as the earthen pots are broken in pieces, as I also have received authority [and power to rule them] from My Father;

To rule means to shepherd in these verses above...,

concordance
Rule =
4165. ποιμαίνω poimaino poy-mah'-ee-no

from 4166; to tend as a shepherd of (figuratively, superviser):--feed (cattle), rule.

Jesus is already shepherding, and therefore he is already ruling ....,

Matthew 2:6
‘And you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are not in any way least among the leaders of Judah; For from you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.’”

Matthew 9:36
When He saw the crowds, He was moved with compassion and pity for them, because they were dispirited and distressed, like sheep without a shepherd.

Matthew 25:32
All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats;

Matthew 26:31
Then Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away because of Me this night [disillusioned about Me, confused, and some even ashamed of Me], for it is written [in the Scriptures], ‘I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’

John 10:1
Parable of the Good Shepherd
“I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up from some other place [on the stone wall], that one is a thief and a robber.
John 10:2
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep [the protector and provider].
John 10:11
I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
John 10:14
I am the Good Shepherd, and I know [without any doubt those who are] My own and My own know Me [and have a deep, personal relationship with Me]—
John 10:16
I have other sheep [beside these] that are not of this fold. I must bring those also, and they will listen to My voice and pay attention to My call, and they will become one flock with one Shepherd.

We shepherd / rule with him...,

John 21:16
Again He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me [with total commitment and devotion]?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend].” Jesus said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.”

Acts 20:28
Take care and be on guard for yourselves and for the whole flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as overseers, to shepherd (tend, feed, guide) the church of God which He bought with His own blood.

Ephesians 4:11
And [His gifts to the church were varied and] He Himself appointed some as apostles [special messengers, representatives], some as prophets [who speak a new message from God to the people], some as evangelists [who spread the good news of salvation], and some as pastors and teachers [to shepherd and guide and instruct],

1 Peter 2:25
For you were continually wandering like [so many] sheep, but now you have come back to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

1 Peter 5:2
shepherd and guide and protect the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not [motivated] for shameful gain, but with wholehearted enthusiasm;

1 Peter 5:4
And when the Chief Shepherd (Christ) appears, you will receive the [conqueror’s] unfading crown of glory.

God bless.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And she gave birth to a Son, a male Child, who is destined to rule (shepherd) all the nations with a rod of iron; and her Child was caught up to God and to His throne.

and he shall shepherd and rule them with a rod of iron, as the earthen pots are broken in pieces, as I also have received authority [and power to rule them] from My Father;

concordance
Rule =

from 4166; to tend as a shepherd of (figuratively, superviser):--feed (cattle), rule.

‘And you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are not in any way least among the leaders of Judah; For from you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.’”

When He saw the crowds, He was moved with compassion and pity for them, because they were dispirited and distressed, like sheep without a shepherd.

All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats;

Then Jesus said to them, “You will all fall away because of Me this night [disillusioned about Me, confused, and some even ashamed of Me], for it is written [in the Scriptures], ‘I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’

“I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up from some other place [on the stone wall], that one is a thief and a robber.
But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep [the protector and provider].
I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His [own] life for the sheep.
I am the Good Shepherd, and I know [without any doubt those who are] My own and My own know Me [and have a deep, personal relationship with Me]—
I have other sheep [beside these] that are not of this fold. I must bring those also, and they will listen to My voice and pay attention to My call, and they will become one flock with one Shepherd.

Again He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me [with total commitment and devotion]?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You [with a deep, personal affection, as for a close friend].” Jesus said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.”

Take care and be on guard for yourselves and for the whole flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as overseers, to shepherd (tend, feed, guide) the church of God which He bought with His own blood.

And [His gifts to the church were varied and] He Himself appointed some as apostles [special messengers, representatives], some as prophets [who speak a new message from God to the people], some as evangelists [who spread the good news of salvation], and some as pastors and teachers [to shepherd and guide and instruct],

For you were continually wandering like [so many] sheep, but now you have come back to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

shepherd and guide and protect the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not [motivated] for shameful gain, but with wholehearted enthusiasm;

And when the Chief Shepherd (Christ) appears, you will receive the [conqueror’s] unfading crown of glory.

God bless.

Yes amen well said Jeff

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amplified Version?
Yeah, I am sure you have heard of it. There is a classic one as well.

AMP
AMPC
And she brought forth a male Child, One Who is destined to shepherd (rule) all the nations with an iron staff (scepter), and her Child was caught up to God and to His throne.

The concordance confirmed its accuracy.

concordance
Rule =

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Rev 2 and 19, the rule with the rod of iron over the nations does not start until the second coming. The verb rule is specifically written in the future tense in both, and in Rev 19 it is then a future event AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon. This is Premill.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yep and most Amills think it means to kill. They ignore or avoid the definition. Congrats to you for wisely seeking it's true meaning.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to Rev 2 and 19, the rule with the rod of iron over the nations does not start until the second coming. The verb rule is specifically written in the future tense in both, and in Rev 19 it is then a future event AFTER the second coming and battle of Armageddon. This is Premill.
He shepherds/ rules now not in the future. That is Amill.;)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He shepherds/ rules now not in the future. That is Amill.;)

But not with the rod of iron because scripture more than once places that in the future past Armageddon which means post second coming. You are avoiding that.

Again, this is Premill.

Reactions: Nancy

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the shepherd now not in the future. This is Amill.
A shepherd is never without his rod.

You are still avoiding the fact that scripture places the rod of iron rule after the second coming not now.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How vague. Name one on this forum
You all declare all humanity dies at the Second Coming. That is not correct. Many are dashed in pieces by the iron rod, but many are redeemed and live on earth during the iron rod rule. Jesus right now is the shepherd without an iron rod. We don't shepherd the world with an iron rod, signifying dominion. We shepherd the sheep who are born into God's family. Jesus said let the dead bury the dead. God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still avoiding the fact that scripture places the rod of iron rule after the second coming not now.
And you avoid the fact that scripture associates the rod of iron "rule" with the destruction of Christ's enemies.

Psalm 2:7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. 8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

This passage gives a picture of destruction in relation to Him "ruling" with a rod of iron. It says He "will break them with a rod of iron". I see this as relating to Him destroying His enemies when He returns, as we can see here:

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

In this passage it correlates His ruling with a rod of iron with Him smiting the nations (heathen) and treading "the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God". And it indicates that He will destroy all of His enemies when He returns as the text "all men both free and bond, both small and great" implies. Which is what other scripture like Matthew 24:35-39, 1 Thess 5:2-3, 2 Thess 1:7-9 and 2 Peter 3:10-12 indicate as well. So, in this case "ruling" is not shepherding, but rather goes along with the breaking/destroying with a rod of iron as portrayed in Psalm 2:9 and Revelation 19:15.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

concordance
Rule =

God bless.
the LORD Jesus is currently ruling His Kingdom

His Kingdom is not of this world/age = John 18:36

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”

the LORD Jesus Christ will Return and when HE does, He will rule the nations with a rod of iron.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One problem amigos. Christian people must get past satan as antichrist near future. Documentation, second thessalonians chapter 2, revelation chapter 13, Daniel chapter 7, and chapter 11. First thessalonians chapter 5, the children of darkness will not escape when sudden destruction comes. Those playing church or too lazy to study the bible or entangled in worldly affairs. I don't believe in the rapture, in Ezekiel chapter 13, God hates it. Ephesians chapter 6 tells us to have gospel armory on. Those who are biblically illiterate will worship antichrist. Daniel says 7 year tribulation. Revelation chapter 9:5 states time was shortened to 5 month period. Second Timothy chapter 3, perilous times is coming to pass. It will get more evil, before antichrist arrives 6th trump. Jesus arrives 7th trump. Jesus will establish His kingdom in Jerusalem, zechariah chapter 14.