Meet the ruler of the Nations, the Shepherd.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the LORD Jesus is currently ruling His Kingdom

His Kingdom is not of this world/age = John 18:36

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”

the LORD Jesus Christ will Return and when HE does, He will rule the nations with a rod of iron.
Matt 28
18 Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.”

Jn 19
  1. John 19:10
    So Pilate said to Him, “You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?”

2. John 19:11
    Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me at all if it had not been given to you from above. For this reason the sin and guilt of the one who handed Me over to you is greater [than your own].”

Rev 1
4 John, to the seven churches that are in [the province of] Asia: Grace [be granted] to you and peace [inner calm and spiritual well-being], from Him Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, and from the seven Spirits that are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who [always] loves us and who [has once for all] freed us [or washed us] from our sins by His own blood (His sacrificial death)— 6 and formed us into a kingdom [as His subjects], priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes (nations) of the earth will mourn over Him [realizing their sin and guilt, and anticipating the coming wrath]. So it is to be. Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega [the Beginning and the End],” says the Lord God, “Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, the Almighty [the Omnipotent, the Ruler of all].”

Jesus never said he comes a second time to rule this earth. He comes to restore all things. Jesus said this heaven and earth will pass away as he comes to usher in the new.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 28
18 Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority (all power of absolute rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations [help the people to learn of Me, believe in Me, and obey My words], baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always [remaining with you perpetually—regardless of circumstance, and on every occasion], even to the end of the age.”

Jn 19
  1. John 19:10
    So Pilate said to Him, “You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?”

2. John 19:11
    Jesus answered, “You would have no authority over Me at all if it had not been given to you from above. For this reason the sin and guilt of the one who handed Me over to you is greater [than your own].”

Rev 1
4 John, to the seven churches that are in [the province of] Asia: Grace [be granted] to you and peace [inner calm and spiritual well-being], from Him Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, and from the seven Spirits that are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful and trustworthy Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who [always] loves us and who [has once for all] freed us [or washed us] from our sins by His own blood (His sacrificial death)— 6 and formed us into a kingdom [as His subjects], priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the power and the majesty and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes (nations) of the earth will mourn over Him [realizing their sin and guilt, and anticipating the coming wrath]. So it is to be. Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega [the Beginning and the End],” says the Lord God, “Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, the Almighty [the Omnipotent, the Ruler of all].”

Jesus never said he comes a second time to rule this earth. He comes to restore all things. Jesus said this heaven and earth will pass away as he comes to usher in the new.
His rule over the earth begins at His Second Coming.

If, as you believe, that HE is currently the Ruler over the kings of the earth, then JESUS is a complete FAILURE as a Ruler as HE would be an accessory to their murders, rapes, pedophilia, human trafficking, satanic rituals including human sacrifices and so on.

Right now JESUS is at the Right Hand of the FATHER as High Priest for His Saints and as Mediator between God and man.

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,
whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things,
which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began."

OBSERVE TRUTH = Daniel 7:11-14

I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame.
As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

This takes place at His Second Coming = 2 Thessalonians chapter 2

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed,
whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His Coming.

Reactions: amigo de christo

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

If, as you believe, that HE is currently the Ruler over the kings of the earth, then JESUS is a complete FAILURE as a Ruler as HE would be an accessory to their murders, rapes, pedophilia, human trafficking, satanic rituals including human sacrifices and so on.

Right now JESUS is at the Right Hand of the FATHER as High Priest for His Saints and as Mediator between God and man.

"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before,
whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things,
which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began."

OBSERVE TRUTH = Daniel 7:11-14

I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame.
As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

This takes place at His Second Coming = 2 Thessalonians chapter 2

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed,
whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His Coming.
According to 2thess 2 there are no survivors. The deluding influence sent by God sees all those who refused the gospel judged and condemned, rather than spared to enter into a proposed millennium period. Not a word is said about this extended period.
Many other scriptures corroborate this happening at his coming.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to 2thess 2 there are no survivors. The deluding influence sent by God sees all those who refused the gospel judged and condemned, rather than spared to enter into a proposed millennium period. Not a word is said about this extended period.
Many other scriptures corroborate this happening at his coming.
2 Thess ch2 pertains to Daniel ch7 and ch12

The people who will be destroyed are those who refuse the Gospel and thereby God gives them over to the Beast and his Mark.

Not all peoples are destroyed at the Second Coming.

Zechariah 14:16
Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

Last edited:

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The people who will be destroyed are those who refuse the Gospel and thereby God gives them over to the Beast and his Mark.

Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
Hi David
You are inventing a third group of people.
One either comes to faith and is sanctified through the Spirit or one isnt through their unbelief.
They are those who are under the strong delusion of satans activity in all deception...,

2Thess 2
9 The coming of the [Antichrist, the lawless] one is through the activity of Satan, [attended] with great power [all kinds of counterfeit miracles] and [deceptive] signs and false wonders [all of them lies], 10 and by unlimited seduction to evil and bwith all the deception of wickedness for those who are perishing,because they did not welcome the love of the truth [of the gospel] so as to be saved [they were spiritually blind, and rejected the truth that would have saved them]. 11 Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, [an activity of error and deception] so they will believe the lie, 12 in order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe the truth [about their sin, and the need for salvation through Christ], but instead took pleasure in unrighteousness.

If you back up several verses of Pauls letter you will find that on the day we are glorified at his coming the rest are eternally separated from his coming presence.

This is exactly what Jesus said would happen in Matt 25...,

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

There is no third group that survives. Today is the day of salvation and Gods patience in not wanting any to perish.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David
One either comes to faith and is sanctified through the Spirit or one isnt through their unbelief.
They are those who are under the strong delusion of satans activity in all deception...,

2Thess 2
9 The coming of the [Antichrist, the lawless] one is through the activity of Satan, [attended] with great power [all kinds of counterfeit miracles] and [deceptive] signs and false wonders [all of them lies], 10 and by unlimited seduction to evil and bwith all the deception of wickedness for those who are perishing,because they did not welcome the love of the truth [of the gospel] so as to be saved [they were spiritually blind, and rejected the truth that would have saved them]. 11 Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, [an activity of error and deception] so they will believe the lie, 12 in order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe the truth [about their sin, and the need for salvation through Christ], but instead took pleasure in unrighteousness.

If you back up several verses of Pauls letter you will find that on the day we are glorified at his coming the rest are eternally separated from his coming presence.

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

There is no third group that survives. Today is the day of salvation and Gods patience in not wanting any to perish.

Those verses are set in the timeframe of the GWTJ. David is talking about the second coming and Millennium when a great number of the nations will be alive to enter into the thousand years. This rule is promised in Rev 2 and 19, a rod of iron rule over them. RULE is written in the future tense proving it occurs after Armageddon which supports Premill. It also proves the Amill version of events to be unscriptural and impossible.

Reactions: David in NJ

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those verses are set in the timeframe of the GWTJ. David is talking about the second coming and Millennium when a great number of the nations will be alive to enter into the thousand years. This rule is promised in Rev 2 and 19, a rod of iron rule over them. RULE is written in the future tense proving it occurs after Armageddon which supports Premill. It also proves the Amill version of events to be unscriptural and impossible.
Those verses are set in the time frame of the second coming as is clearly revealed by those scriptures.

2Thess 1
5 This is a positive proof of the righteous judgment of God [a sign of His fair verdict], so that you will be considered worthy of His kingdom, for which indeed you are suffering. 6 For after all it is only just for God to repay with distress those who distress you, 7 and to give relief to you who are so distressed and to us as well when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire,
8 dealing out [full and complete] vengeance to those who do not [seek to] know God and to those who ignore and refuse to obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus [by choosing not to respond to Him].

9 These people will pay the penalty and endure the punishment of everlasting destruction, banished from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes to be glorified in His saints on that day [that is, glorified through the changed lives of those who have accepted Him as Savior and have been set apart for His purpose], and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed and trusted [and confirmed in your lives].

And yes this just so happens to be the time frame of the GWT because of what happens at his glorious appearing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses are set in the time frame of the second coming as is clearly revealed by those scriptures.

The second coming is completed before the timeframe of that passage. The GWTJ is held away from the Earth and heaven, so Jesus has to COME there.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The second coming is completed before the timeframe of that passage. The GWTJ is held away from the Earth and heaven, so Jesus has to COME there.
Thats what Jesus immediately conducts when he comes again.

21 For at that time there will be a great tribulation (pressure, distress, oppression), such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will [again]. 22 And if those days [of tribulation] had not been cut short, no human life would be saved; but for the sake of the elect (God’s chosen ones) those days will be shortened.

35 Heaven and earth [as now known] will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

36 “But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son [in His humanity], but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man (the Messiah) will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not know or understand until the flood came and swept them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be [unexpected judgment].

Rev 20
11 And I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them [for this heaven and earth are passing away].

Matt 25

Rev 21
21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth;
for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away (vanished), and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, arrayed like a bride adorned for her husband; 3 and then I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “See! The tabernacle of God is among men, and He will live among them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them [as their God,] 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.”

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A shepherd is never without his rod.
Except that that is never a rod of iron! The rod of iron is symbolic of severe authority, and smiting the nations is what this is about. Christ will destroy His enemies at His second coming, but He is presently a Shepherd only to His own sheep, NOT the nations.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Reb 19:15)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David

2Thess 2

God invited them = therefore they have a right to be called 'Survivors' just as God said in Zechariah 14:16

Then all
כָּל־ (kāl-)
Noun - masculine singular construct
Strong's Hebrew 3605: 1) all, the whole 1a) all, the whole of 1b) any, each, every, anything 1c) totality, everything

the survivors
הַנּוֹתָר֙ (han·nō·w·ṯār)
Article | Verb - Nifal - Participle - masculine singular
Strong's Hebrew 3498: 1) to be left over, remain, remain over, leave 1a) (Qal) remainder (participle) 1b) (Niphal) to be left over, remain over, be left behind 1c) (Hiphil) 1c1) to leave over, leave 1c2) to save over, preserve alive 1c3) to excel, show pre-eminence 1c4) to show excess, have more than enough, have an excess

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats what Jesus immediately conducts when he comes again.

There is a judgment at that timeframe, but it is of the righteous. The unrighteous are not judged until after the thousand years are over, Rev 20.

21 For at that time there will be a great tribulation (pressure, distress, oppression), such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will [again]. 22 And if those days [of tribulation] had not been cut short, no human life would be saved; but for the sake of the elect (God’s chosen ones) those days will be shortened.

35 Heaven and earth [as now known] will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

36 “But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son [in His humanity], but the Father alone. 37 For the coming of the Son of Man (the Messiah) will be just like the days of Noah. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not know or understand until the flood came and swept them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be [unexpected judgment].

Unexpected wrath. This is not a throne judgment like we see in Rev 20 and the GWTJ.

Rev 20
11 And I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them [for this heaven and earth are passing away].

They aren't passing away yet. This language tells us the GWTJ happens at a different location, away from heaven and Earth. The NHNE does not happen until this judgment and the LOF punishment is over, Rev 21.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that that is never a rod of iron! The rod of iron is symbolic of severe authority, and smiting the nations is what this is about. Christ will destroy His enemies at His second coming, but He is presently a Shepherd only to His own sheep, NOT the nations.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Reb 19:15)

Smite is in the present tense so it is happening right then at Armageddon but RULE is future tense, something that happens AFTER Armageddon. That proves Christ does not kill all mortals at the second coming. Amill has no answer for this because it cannot be denied, only avoided.

Reactions: David in NJ

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only His enemies.

Oh the irony.

You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

A few minutes later........

Then kill them.

Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The sword that comes out of the Lords mouth is his word. He has and is already wielding it.

John 12:48
Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.

That sounds more like the Lord I know.

Once again we have the righteous and the ungodly being dealt with at the same time on the last day

1. John 6:39
    This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but that I [give new life and] raise it up at the last day.

2. John 6:40
    For this is My Father’s will and purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him [as Savior] will have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.”

3. John 6:44
    No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him [giving him the desire to come to Me]; and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.

4. John 6:54
    The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it], and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Thess 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

This passage very clearly indicates that Jesus will be destroying and punishing all "those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus" when He returns. So, what that in mind, what would qualify any unbeliever to survive His second coming?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, you don't believe what John taught?

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

You are BLATANTLY contradicting what John taught here which is that Jesus IS "the ruler of the kings of the earth". So, clearly, your understanding of what it means for Him to be the ruler over the kings of the earth is terribly flawed since it leads to your conclusion that He "is a complete failure" if He is ruling now.

Since when is a king not considered to be ruling unless everyone he's ruling over is obeying him? That's nonsense. For a king to be ruling over people is not dependent on everyone's obedience. A king can rule over people while also giving them the ability to make choices, both good and bad.

Let's take a real world example to illustrate what I'm talking about. Let's take the United States, for example. We don't have a king, but we have a President. He is, in a sense, the ruler of the United States. And he rules over all of the people in the United States. Does that mean everyone agrees with his policies and everyone follows all the laws and so on? No. So, he has authority over and rules/governs over all the people of the U.S. regardless of whether they like him and obey all the laws or not. Similarly, Jesus rules over all people regardless of what they think of Him or whether or not they obey Him. If people deny Him and disobey Him it doesn't change His status as the King of kings and Lord of lords. That is what He is regardless of what anyone says or does.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thess 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

This passage very clearly indicates that Jesus will be destroying and punishing all "those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus" when He returns. So, what that in mind, what would qualify any unbeliever to survive His second coming?
#1 - ALL will be judged in due time = according to the Will and Plan of God

"For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.'

#2 - The first judgment of God will be upon the Antichrist and those who take his Mark = 2 Thess ch2

#3 - God is in control of all things and He alone decides who lives and who dies = not you, me or any religious belief.
And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sword that comes out of the Lords mouth is his word. He has and is already wielding it.

John 12:48
Whoever rejects Me and refuses to accept My teachings, has one who judges him; the very word that I spoke will judge and condemn him on the last day.

That sounds more like the Lord I know.

Once again we have the righteous and the ungodly being dealt with at the same time on the last day

1. John 6:39
    This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but that I [give new life and] raise it up at the last day.

2. John 6:40
    For this is My Father’s will and purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him [as Savior] will have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.”

3. John 6:44
    No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him [giving him the desire to come to Me]; and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.

4. John 6:54
    The one who eats My flesh and drinks My blood [believes in Me, accepts Me as Savior] has eternal life [that is, now possesses it], and I will raise him up [from the dead] on the last day.
Exactly. How do Premils reconcile their beliefs with the fact that both the resurrection of believers and the judgment of unbelievers will occur on the last day? Not 1,000+ years apart as they claim. Both will occur on the same day, which is the last day. Just as Jesus clearly taught.

He also taught that believers will be rewarded and unbelievers cast into the fire at the same time. On the last day, as you indicated and that will be at "the end of the age".

Matthew 13:40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Jesus will return at the end of the age (Matt 24:3) and He indicated it will be at that time that the righteous will inherit "the kingdom of their Father" and the unrighteous will be thrown "into the blazing furnace". This again places the reward for believers and punishment of unbelievers at the same time, not 1,000+ years apart as Premils claim.