Megachurch Pastor Found Dead in Hotel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I haven't been watching much TV lately, so this is new to me. It's really a couple of weeks old, but I was wondering if anyone had heard this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1dzts8kgI&feature=related

I don't know how familiar you are with Zachery Timms. He wasn't as popular as TD Jakes, but I think he was his spiritual son. I remember when he first came on the national scene several years ago. The first time I saw him on TV, I thought that he was the most handsome preacher I had ever seen. And as time went on, I found that he was a prince of a preacher. His nick name in the christian circle was actually "The Fresh Prince of Preachers," because of his striking resemblance to Will smith.

My mother who's a ministe, told me about a preacher who had recently been found dead in a hotel, but I didn't know who it was until today. This is sad :-( news to me, and very shocking and unbelievable, as I have listened to several of his messages. But as shocking things keep unfolding within the church world, things like this are becoming less of a surprise.

"Good night sweet prince" Rest in peace~ Zachery Timms

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Just goes to show that populatrity and titles don't mean a whole lot.....

And we shouldn't play around with the powders of this world.

Sorry for making light of this. Only I want to point to what I see in this. Our modern 'Christianity' is basically 'playing church' every sunday morning. I judge no man in this, God is the judge. But I do see that the institution has allied itself with the powers of this world, Mammon (money), political powers (the prince of this world), and so on.

Notice that Jesus makes fun of those powers; in other words, he subverts their purpose. You need to pay taxes? Here, take the money from the fish's mouth. Jesus never went were the money was, never tried to keep crowds following him, never has a salary... The church has compromised with the powers of the air, the enemy, to create a false peace, and by doing so has become the tool of the devil instead of the tool of the Lord.

Jesus, according to the standard of today's church, was an absolute failure in his lifetime. No official ministry, no alliance with the state, no compromise for the crowd... Left by even the closest of his friends on the most trying day of his life on earth. And THAT is how new life was born. The same applies today, and our megachurching and show-making of the gospel of Christ has become the enemy of the cross.

Beware of compromise.