Mental Illness due to Demonic Possession

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;26440)
but the priest puts himself in the middle in effect he do the praying and the decision making.
I'm curious as to what specific decision making on the Priest's part you find objectionable?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Peacebewithyou;26448]In response to Kriss: To make sure that the apostles’ teachings would be passed down after the deaths of the apostles said:
....FIRST was the Word the word has always been here always was it always available in the same way, as it is today, No, but never are we told to listen to men over God men are only supposed to serve as teachers of the Word. And in the End times there are few good ones And your passed down authority is self appointed by the church not God God says wherever two or more are gathered in my name it is a churchIm sure there are plenty of Jews descended from the Levi (appointed by God as Priest tribe) does that mean that they all have that authority today??No! sense the death on the cross Christ is available equally to all any priest in your church or any other have no special claim to anything they are just sinners like the rest of us just men the only authority is given by men

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I find anytime a man any man says you must come to me and Ill interceed with God for you objectionable its how you get cults I not calling your church a cult(because it was based on truth) just saying its the same tactic that they use you must first be loyal to your church and the men in charge we will tell you what God wants from you Im sorry but I think thats where your church's biggest mistake isYour leaders have forgotten there place and what their jobs are they have made their paritioners co-depentant upon them instead of God

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
Principle #4: The devil hates the Catholic Church, plain and simple. He'll do whatever he can to bring hatred and shame on the Church. Did you realize that satanic cults have a Black Mass? It's basically the complete opposite of the Catholic Mass. They sacrifice animals, turn crucifixes upside down, and desecrate the Eucharist, among other things. Why would they do this? THEY HATE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!! The more I see the Church attacked, the more I'm aware each and everyday that it's the true Church. And the devil hates that.....
goldy brings up a pretty good point here. The Catholic church is at odds with other denominations and with the world in general. Not a lot of people have anything good to say about the Catholic church. Then again it may be the oldest christian church on the planet. Coincidence? I personally have lots of problems with some of the things the Catholic church has made up and doesn't seem to have any biblical basis. But with so many people and powers against them I have to wonder a little bit. Usually when the whole world is against you it is because you are the light, or in this case, representative of the light.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I agree and disagree I think the devil hates all truth and the church did start as truth but it has swayed away. But the battle in the End will not be with any church All will have to personally decide who to follow the real Christ or the fake Christ and no church is going to save you from that decision it is personal its the state of your soul God cares about, not any religion or church Antichrist will destroy all churchs and make a one world religion you either follow it and him or you dont.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;26460)
Well I agree and disagree I think the devil hates all truth and the church did start as truth but it has swayed away. But the battle in the End will not be with any church All will have to personally decide who to follow the real Christ or the fake Christ and no church is going to save you from that decision it is personal its the state of your soul God cares about, not any religion or church Antichrist will destroy all churchs and make a one world religion you either follow it and him or you dont.
And this is my million dollar question Kriss... I was actually born-again several years ago when I gave my life to Christ. It honestly was if a switch were flipped and I could say, I once was blind but now I see. I'm being totally sincere when I say that since that day I have tried to live every single day for Him, by His grace. I love Jesus with all of my heart and I am ready to meet him today, if He calls me home. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that on that day, I became His child.So fast forward all these years and much to my GREAT suprise, for if you would've told me five years ago I would laughed in your face, I find myself worshiping Jesus in a Catholic Church. Do you (or anyone else, fell free to chime in) believe that when I stand before Him in judgement, He will say, "sorry.. you picked the wrong Church... get away, I know you not?" Because I don't believe that - not for a second. If the Catholic Church is wrong - as most of you believe, what harm has been done? Because since I've become Catholic, my love for Christ has INCREASED. If this was part of Satan's plan to get me away from God - my goodness, it backfired big time. And yet, if the Catholic Church is right.. it IS Christ's Church on Earth, how sad will you be that you hated it so? I have to tell you - I've been where you are - non-denom all the way and I've known LOTS of good, strong Christians and I don't say this to judge any of you at all... I don't know you personally - but based on those I knew in my life - Non-Denom Bible only Christians vs. Catholics .... Catholics win hands down. They have more zeal for Jesus - more compassion for the poor - pray 1000X more, are MUCH more concerned with living a holy life pleasing to God etc. etc. The non-denom Christians I knew mostly fought over which Bible translation was best - end times pretrib or post - speaking in tongues yea or neigh - etc. etc. Again, I am NOT speaking of people on this forum, but rather, those I knew in the 3 or 4 good Bible churches that I attended for years. It was my experience that as a Non-denom Christian, I was focused on myself - MY relationship with Christ - MY growing in knowlege - me me me.. and not at all on the needs of others. As a Catholic, I feel I am CALLED to serve the poor, the homeless, the hungry. I honestly feel I am doing the work that Jesus would have me do. Does this work save me? Of course not. I am saved by His grace. But as goldy said, when we stand before Him, he isn't going to ask us to recite Bible verses - but He might ask us did we clothe the naked? Did we feed the hungry? What did we do for the least of these? At any rate, I've gotten off track - my main question is I am born again. So what if I'm also Catholic? Since you don't believe that God judges based on our church membership (true) - what harm is there in worshiping Him on my knees in a Catholic Church?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are missing my point I dont have a problem with you being Catholic there is no church of God there is only God and his children (christians are his church )if you choose to worship him in the catholic church fine your choice theres no help or hurt in this I dont hate the church I hate their failure to uphold the Word before the church you keep wanting to make this about you its not its about where the church needs to get back to its rootsyou are strong in faith as are others my problem is with those that are weak and that the church allows to worship Mary the ones that dont repent on there own because they believe a priest has told them to say 3 hail marys and Say your rosary and you are forgiven. Its all the ones the church has let down by their teaching that my complaint is with.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(kriss;26472)
You are missing my point I dont have a problem with you being Catholic there is no church of God there is only God and his chilren if you choose to worship him in the catholic church fine your choice theres no help or hurt in this I dont hate the church I hate their failure to uphold the Word before the church you keep wanting to make this about you its not its about where the church needs to get back to its rootsyou are strong in faith as are others my problem is with those that are weak and that the church allows to worship Mary the ones that dont repent on there own because they believe a priest has told them to say 3 hail marys and Say your rosary and you are forgiven. Its all the ones the church has let down by their teaching that my complaint is with.
OK, point taken. I didn't mean to imply that it was about me - but I can see from my post where you'd think that's what I was getting at. I understand that your contention is with the Catholic Church and not Catholics themselves. I guess I would worry too if I thought Catholics were worshiping Mary - or that the Church taught we should.. (never never never - all worship to God alone) or if a Priest says you are forgiven if you say 3 Hail Marys... nope - the Church teaches that God forgives you even if another Hail Mary never passes your lips... and saying the rosary has nothing at all to do with being forgiven - never has - never will. Forgivness comes from God alone - not the Priest. The Priest hears the confession but forgivness is always from God without conditions. I hear you Kriss.. I know just what you're talking about because I WAS you.. I thought Catholics were at best, stupid... at worst.. totally blinded by Satan. But most of what I believed about the Catholic Church wasn't true. It just wasn't. They don't worship Mary. They DO love Jesus. They DO read the Bible... oh I could go on & on. But you wouldn't believe me, just like I wouldn't have believed it a few years ago. It will take a miracle to get you to see otherwise. Lucky for you though, God is big into miracles.
wink.gif
Well, it's late and my eyes are tired. Tomorrow's a new day. God Bless.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well at least Im not one of those that thinks the Pope is antichrist I defend you guys on that see I could be worse:)

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Cloakk;26329)
Using the words "I command you to leave in the name of Jesus" without confirming there's a demon is pretty unwise. This is why there are systems for exorcists. That man may simply be mocking your friend or you.
That's not what my friend said. He said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ." Whether the man was an unbeliever, possessed or not, or a believer out of God's will, I don't know.

Cloakk

Oct 5, 2007
(Jon-Marc;26680)
That's not what my friend said. He said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ." Whether the man was an unbeliever, possessed or not, or a believer out of God's will, I don't know.
Oh I know that, but do you get my point? It's just to say that it's a really sketchy thing to say this one is possessed and this one isn't. Just have to be aware of some of the things that "qualify" a true possession.

ami

Sep 3, 2007
I am a born again Christian. I don’t know much about Catholic Church but I would say something about the Orthodox Church. I have been living in one country where the majority of Christians were Orthodox Christians. The Orthodox Church is believed to be one of the oldest churches. I have seen so many Orthodox Christians leave their churches and become a born again Christians in different Protestant Churches. The main reason is the teachings and practices of the Orthodox Church which is against the teachings of the bible. The Orthodox believers go to priests to confess and to wash their sins, people who are sick or possessed with evil spirits go to different churches to be baptised or drink holy waters to be free from sickness and evil spirits (which is claimed to be true) and I have seen people go to different churches named after angels like Gabriel, Michel and some “holly” people like Saint George, Saint Paul, and pray and worship. I have seen so many Orthodox people bow and worship different images and status of men and Marry in their churches.God bless,Ami

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(ami;27422)
I am a born again Christian. I don’t know much about Catholic Church but I would say something about the Orthodox Church. I have been living in one country where the majority of Christians were Orthodox Christians. The Orthodox Church is believed to be one of the oldest churches. I have seen so many Orthodox Christians leave their churches and become a born again Christians in different Protestant Churches. The main reason is the teachings and practices of the Orthodox Church which is against the teachings of the bible. The Orthodox believers go to priests to confess and to wash their sins, people who are sick or possessed with evil spirits go to different churches to be baptised or drink holy waters to be free from sickness and evil spirits (which is claimed to be true) and I have seen people go to different churches named after angels like Gabriel, Michel and some “holly” people like Saint George, Saint Paul, and pray and worship. I have seen so many Orthodox people bow and worship different images and status of men and Marry in their churches.God bless,Ami
Ami,I am born again also. I am also Catholic. How do you know that the Orthodox people are worshiping Mary and images? Have they told you who they worship? Unless you can read their minds or their hearts, you have no idea what they are doing. "...for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." 1Sam16:7We worship God alone. Anyone who worships anyone BUT God is doing something both the Catholic and Orthodox Chruch are against. I have NEVER known of a Catholic who worshipped anyone but God. What is wrong with naming a Church after St. Peter? Or Saint Paul? Do you think that because it's named after those holy men, the people inside are worshiping those men? That's just silly. We have Protestant Chruches in my town named Church of the Vine and Church on the Rock. Do you believe those people are worshiping rocks & vines? You've said that you've seen so many Orthodox people do this & that in their churches. Do you often hang out in Churches where you aren't a member? I don't think so.I think you're making this up based on what you've "heard." You are basically spreading gossip - and that's not nice. :naughty:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27428)
Ami,I am born again also. I am also Catholic. How do you know that the Orthodox people are worshiping Mary and images? Have they told you who they worship? Unless you can read their minds or their hearts, you have no idea what they are doing. "...for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." 1Sam16:7We worship God alone. Anyone who worships anyone BUT God is doing something both the Catholic and Orthodox Chruch are against. I have NEVER known of a Catholic who worshipped anyone but God. What is wrong with naming a Church after St. Peter? Or Saint Paul? Do you think that because it's named after those holy men, the people inside are worshiping those men? That's just silly. We have Protestant Chruches in my town named Church of the Vine and Church on the Rock. Do you believe those people are worshiping rocks & vines? You've said that you've seen so many Orthodox people do this & that in their churches. Do you often hang out in Churches where you aren't a member? I don't think so.I think you're making this up based on what you've "heard." You are basically spreading gossip - and that's not nice. :naughty:
Dear Peacebewithyou,Yes it is something wrong with it with naming a church after the sinner. (Referring to Yellow words) None of them are Holy. As they sinned and as well we sin too. (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Psalm 14) The only person who is Holy is Christ Himself. (Revelation 15:3-4)Is Paul crucified for you? Is Peter crucified for you? No! Is Christ divided? No! (I Corinthians 1:12-13)Christ is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6) No other way. Go another way and you will be in trouble with the Lord. (John 10:1)Jag

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27429)
Dear Peacebewithyou,Yes it is something wrong with it with naming a church after the sinner. (Referring to Yellow words) None of them are Holy. As they sinned and as well we sin too. (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Psalm 14) The only person who is Holy is Christ Himself. (Revelation 15:3-4)Is Paul crucified for you? Is Peter crucified for you? No! Is Christ divided? No! (I Corinthians 1:12-13)Christ is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6) No other way. Go another way and you will be in trouble with the Lord. (John 10:1)Jag
Jag,Why is your Bible named after a sinner? King James. If naming a Church after a man is wrong, surely naming God's word after one is even worse? :eek:Do you believe that King James was cruified for you? NO! Are you following him or counting on him for your salvation?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27430)
(thesuperjag;27429)
Jag,Why is your Bible named after a sinner? King James. If naming a Church after a man is wrong, surely naming God's word after one is even worse? :eek:Do you believe that King James was cruified for you? NO! Are you following him or counting on him for your salvation?That was a cheap shot from you. And you surely ain't getting the point here.The only church should be existed is by His name. Not a sinner's same.A true church is when two or more people gather in His name.Acts 3:16 - And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.Does another person's name besides Yahshua/Jesus Christ makes a person's true Faith strong?Jag

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27431)
That was a cheap shot from you. And you surely ain't getting the point here.The only church should be existed is by His name. Not a sinner's same.A true church is when two or more people gather in His name.Acts 3:16 - And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.Does another person's name besides Yahshua/Jesus Christ makes a person's true Faith strong?Jag
The point was not lost on me, Jag. I just fail to see how naming a building after a person somehow equals worshipping that person, yet naming the Word of God after a person means nothing? So long as a person believes this from the book of Acts: 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. The names on buildings, the names on Bibles, the names on anything do not matter in the least. They are just names given to distinguish one from another and it's silly to attach any more signifigance that that.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27434)
(thesuperjag;27431)
That was a cheap shot from you. And you surely ain't getting the point here. The only church should be existed is by His name. Not a sinner's same. A true church is when two or more people gather in His name.Acts 3:16 - And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. Does another person's name besides Yahshua/Jesus Christ makes a person's true Faith strong? Jag
The point was not lost on me, Jag. I just fail to see how naming a building after a person somehow equals worshipping that person, yet naming the Word of God after a person means nothing? So long as a person believes this from the book of Acts: 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. The names on buildings, the names on Bibles, the names on anything do not matter in the least. They are just names given to distinguish one from another and it's silly to attach any more signifigance that that.Verily, verily, I say unto thee, most of the time when churches make a name for themselves, they are already likely to have a wretched building made of sand. For which is easier to break? A sand? or a rock? Another person being sinless? or Christ alone is sinless?Verily, verily I say unto thee, I'll stay with the Word over men's doctrine from lukewarm churches.Jag

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27435)
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, most of the time when churches make a name for themselves, they are already likely to have a wretched building made of sand. For which is easier to break? A sand? or a rock? Another person being sinless? or Christ alone is sinless?Verily, verily I say unto thee, I'll stay with the Word over men's doctrine from lukewarm churches.Jag
Why do you judge? How do you know the hearts of the people who worship there? "...for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." 1Sam16:7

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27437)
(thesuperjag;27435)
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, most of the time when churches make a name for themselves, they are already likely to have a wretched building made of sand. For which is easier to break? A sand? or a rock? Another person being sinless? or Christ alone is sinless?Verily, verily I say unto thee, I'll stay with the Word over men's doctrine from lukewarm churches.Jag
Why do you judge? How do you know the hearts of the people who worship there?"...for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart." 1Sam16:7Verily, verily I say unto thee, I judge no man. (John 8:15) Judge not by the appearance, but judge righteous judgement. (John 7:24) Judge the doctrine whether is of God or not. (I John 4:1)Be careful on what you say...(Matthew 15:18-20) We humans need to be corrected. I'll know where evil is at.Peace, I care about you SO much to speak Truth. I can not speak anything for myself. but it is Him that sent Him to die on the cross for our sins.Jag