Metanoia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are responsible for the state of things in the world. A world in darkness needs light. We are to provide that light. But we are so self-centered in our ways. We are losing our own battles let alone be victorious in the world. We are a people divided along carnal lines. We have left off being spiritual for a salvation that would seem to cover us just as we are and remain...a religious people who won't advance in the truth. Are we not just a spoiled people?

Ps. 81:11 But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me. 12 So I gave them up unto their own hearts’ lust: and they walked in their own counsels. 13 Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways! 14 I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance...metanoia...means to change your mind about who is the Lord of your life.

Before accepting Christ I lived for myself and I held that I was the Lord of my own life...and thus I was actually serving satan, who exalts pride and self-rule as being the law of his kingdom.

After accepting Christ, now I am no longer the Lord of my life...Jesus is.

If I went back to taking back the control of my life it would mean repenting of my repentance...because Jesus is the Lord of my life I am walking in a specific direction under His yoke and His burden, which is easy and light. But if I forsook that yoke and that burden and began to take back control of my life I would be making a second 180-degree turn and walking back in the original direction I was walking in before I accepted Christ.

All this to say that repentance is a one-time deal...you turn around, you make a 180-degree turn, and then you keep walking in that direction...no more repentance is needed, and, in fact, if you were to repent afterward it would be to walk in the wrong direction!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Repentance...metanoia...means to change your mind about who is the Lord of your life.

Before accepting Christ I lived for myself and I held that I was the Lord of my own life...and thus I was actually serving satan, who exalts pride and self-rule as being the law of his kingdom.

After accepting Christ, now I am no longer the Lord of my life...Jesus is.

If I went back to taking back the control of my life it would mean repenting of my repentance...because Jesus is the Lord of my life I am walking in a specific direction under His yoke and His burden, which is easy and light. But if I forsook that yoke and that burden and began to take back control of my life I would be making a second 180-degree turn and walking back in the original direction I was walking in before I accepted Christ.

All this to say that repentance is a one-time deal...you turn around, you make a 180-degree turn, and then you keep walking in that direction...no more repentance is needed, and, in fact, if you were to repent afterward it would be to walk in the wrong direction!
Yes, it's a turning from sin and a turning to God in faith through the Lord Jesus.