Microsoft Release Vista

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Vista boasts 3D graphics, improved searches for files and a new pop-up system tray. But some computers will be unable to run it - Microsoft recommends PCs have at least 512Mb of RAM, an 800Mhz processor and 15Gb of hard disk space.

Fox

Feb 7, 2007
It is very pretty at the front end, and some of the "gadgets" are novel; but I'm not impressed with it yet. Transparent windows are gimmicky, but really just a waste of graphics processing power. I have the 32bit version, and I'd recommend that if you feel you must upgrade. The 64-bit is hands-down probably going to be the most secure and reliable O/S for a long time to come... BUT there is very little that is currently compatible with it. And that includes most hardware drivers! So you're best waiting for the software rewrites and patches before you even think about upgrading to Vistas 64 bit. Also, it isn't cheap, and the improved security alone doesn't really justify the price. If you are planning to buy a new PC, then sure, get Vistas, but don't shell out for the O/S alone if you already have XP s/p2 with a quality firewall and anti-virus suite. This 32 bit version has around 80-85% compatibility, and - so far - hasn't caused me too many problems, but perhaps someone who uses a lot of peripherals and extra software would wish they'd stayed with XP.Just my ten cents though, folks!
smile.gif

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
I'm gunna be getting a new PC from Dell sometime soon, so I'm gunna try to make the best out of the Vista experience. Aaron

Fox

Feb 7, 2007
Definitely, if you're buying a new puter, then insist on Vista. But do check your peripherals for compatibility. There are a few places which vare maintaining updated lists of compatibles, eghttp://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Wind...patibility_Listbut it may be as well to get a bundle of printer/scanner etc at the same time as you purchase the PC. Go for the 64 bit ultimate, too.