Millions of years ago!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
no millions of years ago = in an expanding/stretched out universe and shrinking sun millions of years ago the sun would have been larger, hotter and nearer the earth = scalding steam and dust and ashes = no life or evolution - winc

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
The sun is a young yellow star. When it ages it will get bigger it doesn't work the other way around with our star.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pom,

I was going to say the same thing. :) It gets bigger just before it dies... Then, yes, it would scorch the earth.... hmmmm I remember reading about that happening somewhere..... :p

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Born_Again said:
Pom,

I was going to say the same thing. :) It gets bigger just before it dies... Then, yes, it would scorch the earth.... hmmmm I remember reading about that happening somewhere..... :p
Born_Again said:
Pom,

some say it is shrinking and further away - winc
pom2014 said:
The sun is a young yellow star. When it ages it will get bigger it doesn't work the other way around with our star.

some say it is shrinking and further away - winc

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
What astronomers say that?

If they do then rescind their degrees because that's bollocks.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
I am reliably informed that since 1836 the Royal Greenwich Observatory and the U.S. Naval Observatory have made over 100 direct visual measurements that suggest the sun's diameter is shrinking fro 3 to 5 feet per hour - winc

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
winc said:
I am reliably informed that since 1836 the Royal Greenwich Observatory and the U.S. Naval Observatory have made over 100 direct visual measurements that suggest the sun's diameter is shrinking fro 3 to 5 feet per hour - winc
Let's have a little test of your own knowledge of the sun.

When the sun goes out of sight does it mean its gone past the horizon? Yes or no?

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
winc said:
In 1987, several astronomers from Paris Observatory made an announcement regarding the size of the Sun that astonished their colleagues (Kippenhahn, R., 1994, pg. 163). They claimed that solar eclipse data from 1666 to 1719 showed that the Sun was 2000 kilometers larger than it is today. This amounts to a 0.3 percent reduction; and the time period, which roughly corresponds to the Maunder Minimum, seemed to be more than coincidental. However, this data was found to contain an error regarding the 1715 solar eclipse path of totality. Consequently, the Sun was the same size in 1716 as it is today, and astronomers were reassured.

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/FAQ/Qshrink.html