Mission Trip To Japan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NoahsArkHadPenguins

Feb 5, 2011
Hello brothers and sister!

You will be interested to know that I have committed to go with a Let’s Start Talking team to Japan this summer (late June early July). I’ll have the opportunity to talk to people who may not know Jesus (the Japanese Christian community is less than 1% of it's population). We are currently in training, so that we will know how to be effective workers. Every day we will offer to help people practice their English, but use the Gospel of Luke as the textbook, so that they will also read all about Jesus too! LST has been training and sending teams all over the world for 30 years! They have been in over 50 countries.

Everyone who goes with LST commits to a minimum contribution to the ministry. I have committed to contribute and to raise $3,700 on behalf of the ministry. This money is used then to fund the recruiting of teams and training events, as well as travel and project costs for the entire LST ministry.

I am approaching a major deadline for the funds: half ($1,850) is due on the 15th.

Please pray for me and for my team that everything we do will bring glory to God.

Please keep me in your prayers :) . Prayers are very powerful!

God bless you all!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds great . I would donate through PayPal. I am highly reluctant to give personal information over the Internet to people I don't know.

NoahsArkHadPenguins

Feb 5, 2011
Sounds great . I would donate through PayPal. I am highly reluctant to give personal information over the Internet to people I don't know.

I completely understand. Too many people are out to rob people blind. It's very sad.. I do have PayPal and will more than willingly give you what is needed to. Is it just my email connected to my PayPal account? if so it's [email protected] . if anything else is needed I will be more than glad to provide the info!

I set my PayPal account up for possible eBay purchases but never actually used it. And if you do donate I can assure you the money will go directly to the mission!

Thank you and God bless! :)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks, it's our policy not to allow for the solicitation here. It's absolutely nothing personal, but we simply don't have the resources to check up on any and every individual/organization that wants money. While this one may not be a fake (it doesn't appear that way at first glance, but we have no "official stance"), legal issues can be raised if we knowingly or carelessly support fraud. This community is run out of pocket and I'd rather not become entangled in legal issues since my name is plastered all over it.

I cannot control nor will I censor personal discussions (IE: PMs) on the subject. However, that's not a license to solicit privately. You're welcome to state that you're going on a missions trip and that you still have to raise funds, but it's up to individual members if they want to help you.\

It's the nasty legal junk I know, but it's reality.

NoahsArkHadPenguins

Feb 5, 2011
Folks, it's our policy not to allow for the solicitation here. It's absolutely nothing personal, but we simply don't have the resources to check up on any and every individual/organization that wants money. While this one may not be a fake (it doesn't appear that way at first glance, but we have no "official stance"), legal issues can be raised if we knowingly or carelessly support fraud. This community is run out of pocket and I'd rather not become entangled in legal issues since my name is plastered all over it.

I cannot control nor will I censor personal discussions (IE: PMs) on the subject. However, that's not a license to solicit privately. You're welcome to state that you're going on a missions trip and that you still have to raise funds, but it's up to individual members if they want to help you.\

It's the nasty legal junk I know, but it's reality.

I understand. If anyone wants to help out by donating please PM me :) ! I'll keep any more talk about funds to those that message me. I was unaware of those legal concerns but i can assure you it's a legitimate mission trip :) . Thanks for letting me know Hammer.