More of my beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, I don't believe that when people first come to Jesus, The Holy Spirit enters them like a ghost walks into their body. People say they are born of the Spirit and maybe but not the Holy Spirit. I don't believe they are saved until they attain the resurrection. The resurrection being taking the word from death to life. People say when I die I'm going to heaven but I believe if you die before you have achieved the resurrection, it too late.
I think the Holy Spirit comes to us threw the word and gives us, teaches us, what things mean in this flesh image to help us overcome it. I believe that when we receive the word in a more Spiritual image it is for us to put it in words that people understand plainly. Not change the scriptures but explain them and their meaning and when we put it into words, our flesh is created threw the word.
When Jesus was in the flesh and had the Holy Spirit, we then receive the Holy Spirit and again it is from the word but now has fully come. I don't see why it is written we cannot come before God naked unless the word of God clothes us and the new flesh being the new man.
I believe showing Jesus in a spiritual way is his glory and to say, giving God the glory.
See how each church or denomination has its own doctrine and that is their flesh.
More if anyone is interested.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, I don't believe that when people first come to Jesus, The Holy Spirit enters them like a ghost walks into their body.
In which case you don't believe the Bible, and you do not believe God.
People say they are born of the Spirit and maybe but not the Holy Spirit.
Now you are casting aspersions and slandering Christians.
I don't believe they are saved until they attain the resurrection.
Now you are displaying your ignorance about salvation.
The resurrection being taking the word from death to life.
Now you are concocting bizarre ideas.
People say when I die I'm going to heaven but I believe if you die before you have achieved the resurrection, it too late.
Before you think about going to Heaven get a proper understanding of the Gospel.
I think the Holy Spirit comes to us threw the word and gives us, teaches us, what things mean in this flesh image to help us overcome it.
Now you are expressing confusion about many things.
I believe that when we receive the word in a more Spiritual image it is for us to put it in words that people understand plainly.
If by this you mean that plain talk is good, no one will disagree. But when a person is as confused as you are it won't help.

Recommendation: You should sit down with a mature Christian who can help you understand the basics of salvation

Reactions: Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I don't believe that when people first come to Jesus, The Holy Spirit enters them like a ghost walks into their body. People say they are born of the Spirit and maybe but not the Holy Spirit. I don't believe they are saved until they attain the resurrection. The resurrection being taking the word from death to life. People say when I die I'm going to heaven but I believe if you die before you have achieved the resurrection, it too late.
I think the Holy Spirit comes to us threw the word and gives us, teaches us, what things mean in this flesh image to help us overcome it. I believe that when we receive the word in a more Spiritual image it is for us to put it in words that people understand plainly. Not change the scriptures but explain them and their meaning and when we put it into words, our flesh is created threw the word.
When Jesus was in the flesh and had the Holy Spirit, we then receive the Holy Spirit and again it is from the word but now has fully come. I don't see why it is written we cannot come before God naked unless the word of God clothes us and the new flesh being the new man.
I believe showing Jesus in a spiritual way is his glory and to say, giving God the glory.
See how each church or denomination has its own doctrine and that is their flesh.
Wow, you have a lot of beliefs, but what scriptures support what you believe?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I don't believe that when people first come to Jesus, The Holy Spirit enters them like a ghost walks into their body.
When we first come to Jesus, the Light has attracted us. That is, God is drawing us to Jesus. We don't know a thing then that we could easily translate into plain English that just anyone could understand. But God leading us knows all that is necessary.

The problem is that forthwith when we have just met the Master men will quickly take hold of us, if they can, beginning immediately to force feed us from their owned mixed messages. Even here already we see the vultures gathering to feed rather than mounting up as eagles...

Anything suggesting they might be wrong, such as no immediate Holy Ghost within is a cause for some to attack instead of letting God lead the way to Him.

People say they are born of the Spirit and maybe but not the Holy Spirit. I don't believe they are saved until they attain the resurrection. The resurrection being taking the word from death to life. People say when I die I'm going to heaven but I believe if you die before you have achieved the resurrection, it too late.
The Resurrection is the change from death to Life.

This is the result of the Word of God Living in us. As it comes to Life in us, some of the places of death within us should be brought to Life during our allotted time here [30 or 70 or 100 or 120 years or...?]. At the end of our course, if the death in us still is overwhelming the Life of the Jesus we met, then it is certainly too late for there is no more time. We have buried the "talent" and waited for time to run out instead of investing that "talent" so that it might increase as the old man of us decreased:

"Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Matt 25:28-29

I think the Holy Spirit comes to us through the word and gives us, teaches us, what things mean in this flesh image to help us overcome it.
This flesh image is the fictitious world that most people call reality, but it is not. We must have a vision of God's reality, the only reality is not temporal. Eventually that vision must become to us what it is to God. To the extent that it does not, we have nothing at all at the end of our course. We must overcome the fiction which we have considered to be reality in order to eat of the Tree of Life:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov 29:18

"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

I believe that when we receive the word in a more Spiritual image it is for us to put it in words that people understand plainly. Not change the scriptures but explain them and their meaning and when we put it into words, our flesh is created threw the word.

The nakedness was not observable by men until after they had eaten of that wrong tree, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then in death they and their offspring were able to see the fiction, the flesh image. In this death, we their offspring were blind to God and the things of God. Until Life is obtained the blindness remains in everyone. For this reason God sent His Son:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

The "thief" is the adversary, the enemy, the devil, the serpent, which never stops trying to keep us from Life while each of us remains in our allotted period of time. When the time is finished without Life... all hope is then gone.

Each of the churches or denominations too the extent it falls short of having and/or teaching all Truth has its own "flesh image" which when followed too closely obscures rather than clarifies the Way to God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you have a lot of beliefs, but what scriptures support what you believe?
The question may be pertinent to many people, but what would we expect in answer from a person if there were no names and numbers in our written Bible? Can a person hold any portion of God's truth and express it only based on what God has written in that person's heart? Of course most everyone here has his own set of beliefs and wants to discuss if not argue or even teach his own understanding.

Perhaps all of us were closer to God when we first met Him and before we started taking on the trappings of our own religious circles. I am not saying precisely where I am on this or that I am completely right or that Colin is completely right, but I have known Colin a long time and if you are expecting from him what you might expect from others here, expect to be disappointed.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we first come to Jesus, the Light has attracted us. That is, God is drawing us to Jesus. We don't know a thing then that we could easily translate into plain English that just anyone could understand. But God leading us knows all that is necessary.

The problem is that forthwith when we have just met the Master men will quickly take hold of us, if they can, beginning immediately to force feed us from their owned mixed messages. Even here already we see the vultures gathering to feed rather than mounting up as eagles...

Anything suggesting they might be wrong, such as no immediate Holy Ghost within is a cause for some to attack instead of letting God lead the way to Him.

The Resurrection is the change from death to Life.

This is the result of the Word of God Living in us. As it comes to Life in us, some of the places of death within us should be brought to Life during our allotted time here [30 or 70 or 100 or 120 years or...?]. At the end of our course, if the death in us still is overwhelming the Life of the Jesus we met, then it is certainly too late for there is no more time. We have buried the "talent" and waited for time to run out instead of investing that "talent" so that it might increase as the old man of us decreased:

"Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Matt 25:28-29

This flesh image is the fictitious world that most people call reality, but it is not. We must have a vision of God's reality, the only reality is not temporal. Eventually that vision must become to us what it is to God. To the extent that it does not, we have nothing at all at the end of our course. We must overcome the fiction which we have considered to be reality in order to eat of the Tree of Life:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov 29:18

"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

The nakedness was not observable by men until after they had eaten of that wrong tree, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then in death they and their offspring were able to see the fiction, the flesh image. In this death, we their offspring were blind to God and the things of God. Until Life is obtained the blindness remains in everyone. For this reason God sent His Son:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

The "thief" is the adversary, the enemy, the devil, the serpent, which never stops trying to keep us from Life while each of us remains in our allotted period of time. When the time is finished without Life... all hope is then gone.

Each of the churches or denominations too the extent it falls short of having and/or teaching all Truth has its own "flesh image" which when followed too closely obscures rather than clarifies the Way to God.
He certainly has alot of knowledge about what is in the bible to consider for belief. I wasn't attacking but rather suggesting.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question may be pertinent to many people, but what would we expect in answer from a person if there were no names and numbers in our written Bible? Can a person hold any portion of God's truth and express it only based on what God has written in that person's heart? Of course most everyone here has his own set of beliefs and wants to discuss if not argue or even teach his own understanding.

Perhaps all of us were closer to God when we first met Him and before we started taking on the trappings of our own religious circles. I am not saying precisely where I am on this or that I am completely right or that Colin is completely right, but I have known Colin a long time and if you are expecting from him what you might expect from others here, expect to be disappointed.
One side note....I try not to expect anything from anyone concerning their agreement or disagreement with anything I have shared.
Thanks for sharing your personal knowledge of Colin as heads up!:)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He certainly has alot of knowledge about what is in the bible to consider for belief. I wasn't attacking but rather suggesting.
I understand, but I really don't believe he can do what you suggest. When he does have a message from God to many it is effectively in an unknown tongue for many. An interpreter is required, but this it true for anyone who really has a message from God.

The ultimate interpreter is the Holy Spirit, but so many people who have received the Holy Spirit also frequently quench the Holy Spirit and then are still unable to understand. This is the probably the main trouble with most "Christian churches" in my own experience. They "teach" people to quench the Holy Spirit by programing and restricting their "services".

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand, but I really don't believe he can do what you suggest. When he does have a message from God to many it is effectively in an unknown tongue for many. An interpreter is required, but this it true for anyone who really has a message from God.

The ultimate interpreter is the Holy Spirit, but so many people who have received the Holy Spirit also frequently quench the Holy Spirit and then are still unable to understand. This is the probably the main trouble with most "Christian churches" in my own experience. They "teach" people to quench the Holy Spirit by programing and restricting their "services".
Your preaching to the choir. I have been squashed to the point I don't share much in that regard. But hey, the Holy Spirit has given me a new hope in a book called Understanding Prophetic People. It's a good read...even Colin would enjoy it. Might help him understand himself better. It did me.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does it say we cannot go before God Naked. People think Adam didn't wear underwear or pants. His flesh is his teaching and as for then, it had been contaminated with sin.
The flesh of Jesus is not his skin, Love covers a multitude of sin. We take stripes of correction when we see the crown of sin on our own head and have our sin covered like a robe covers our naked body.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where is this written? ty
Our flesh is not our skin. The word is given in flesh and in the natural earthly way and it is for us to cover our sinful nature and understanding of it with the love. Love is the receiving of truth and the believing is our faith. The truth is seen when we grit up the loins of our minds with wisdom from the scriptures. Not wisdom as this world has but Spiritual wisdom. If our nature was sinless we then could go before God naked.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In which case you don't believe the Bible, and you do not believe God.

Now you are casting aspersions and slandering Christians.

Now you are displaying your ignorance about salvation.

Now you are concocting bizarre ideas.

Before you think about going to Heaven get a proper understanding of the Gospel.

Now you are expressing confusion about many things.

If by this you mean that plain talk is good, no one will disagree. But when a person is as confused as you are it won't help.

Recommendation: You should sit down with a mature Christian who can help you understand the basics of salvation[/Q
You judge me so soon and from the very flesh I speek of.
A mature Christian with the basics of salvation you say! I trying to correct their ignorance.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Our flesh is not our skin. The word is given in flesh and in the natural earthly way and it is for us to cover our sinful nature and understanding of it with the love. Love is the receiving of truth and the believing is our faith. The truth is seen when we grit up the loins of our minds with wisdom from the scriptures. Not wisdom as this world has but Spiritual wisdom. If our nature was sinless we then could go before God naked.
wadr it is not written that you cannot go before God naked, ok, in fact quite the opposite, and while we're at it believing is not our faith, too. Now i already know if God Himself came down and told you these things you would not hear them, so i guess you can stop reading now

Hebrews 4:13 Lexicon: And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Reactions: faithfulness

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and you might picture a three year old girding up the loins of their minds, while youre at it i guess. Bam go for that if you like, but fwiw ill tell you ppl consider me purty smart i guess even though i gotta tell ya, i cant see it lol, at all, i maybe absorb facts differently, and far as i'm concerned our minds need to be fundamentally changed, and not girded. "Laid bare" is maybe a better characterization. Dont get me wrong though, i'm still trying the first one myself lol, really hard, every day, with the here a little there a little, its just a habit now that i cant seem to break or something, or i'm not sure where the line is between here a little there a little and the striving we are supposedly directed to do, which i'm coming to suspect even as i write this that that was written from a Naive pov, duh, and "striving" is going to end up meaning more like watching a little kid be happy with nothing, sitting still, and then remembering how to do that. Anyway, imo following your dog around in the wild i mean is a good thing for this, least if the dog has any sense, wouldnt be tryig it with a setter lol

Reactions: faithfulness