Movements Of God 3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I relate some of the early moves of God by memory. From what I was told about them, and some from what I have read and looked at from interest.

During the Latter rain move, people again became hungry for the things of God. There was a move within a move they labeled 'the new order.' And one of the greatest prayer movements that ever hit our nation came from that move within a move. It swept across the land, and people were seeking God like never before.

The 'healing revival' came out of the latter rain movement. People had lived through depression, and war. I had a preacher tell me in his later ministry when he could raise large amounts of money. It meant nothing to him compared to someone that would lay sack of potatoes, or a bag of groceries on his porch during that time.

God always moves on his people: out of the healing revival we see a rebellious people raised up called hippies. I don't know if that was a move of God but something was happening inside of that group. What we do see is out of that 'the charismatic renewal.'

Like the rungs of a ladder we can follow what the Lord was doing in moving his people, those that are hungry. Scripture says 'you shall be filled.' God is moving today! For those that are hungry for the things of God.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that are hungry for the things of God
Good point.
---
'The Move of God/Movement starts..
- With those..who are 'broken & hungry for God.'
- They were often criticized & despised.
That is why..not many people/establishments are interested..
- During the early days.
----
We can see it/the pattern..in the History of Revival/Spiritual Awakening Movements.

Reactions: soul man

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Good point.
---
'The Move of God/Movement starts..
- With those..who are 'broken & hungry for God.'
- They were often criticized & despised.
That is why..not many people/establishments are interested..
- During the early days.
----
We can see it/the pattern..in the History of Revival/Spiritual Awakening Movements.
@Pathfinder7 A true revival of the work of testimony should revolve around prayer and the Scriptures...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I relate some of the early moves of God by memory. From what I was told about them, and some from what I have read and looked at from interest.

During the Latter rain move, people again became hungry for the things of God. There was a move within a move they labeled 'the new order.' And one of the greatest prayer movements that ever hit our nation came from that move within a move. It swept across the land, and people were seeking God like never before.

The 'healing revival' came out of the latter rain movement. People had lived through depression, and war. I had a preacher tell me in his later ministry when he could raise large amounts of money. It meant nothing to him compared to someone that would lay sack of potatoes, or a bag of groceries on his porch during that time.

God always moves on his people: out of the healing revival we see a rebellious people raised up called hippies. I don't know if that was a move of God but something was happening inside of that group. What we do see is out of that 'the charismatic renewal.'

Like the rungs of a ladder we can follow what the Lord was doing in moving his people, those that are hungry. Scripture says 'you shall be filled.' God is moving today! For those that are hungry for the things of God.
@soul man It's good when a professed hunger for the things of God expresses itself in a prayerful hunger for the Scriptures...

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pathfinder7 A true revival of the work of testimony should revolve around prayer and the Scriptures...
'Genuine Revival' is based on..scripture & prayer.
- I told you (comment)..on other thread.
- A bit tired..saying same thing to you..again.
---
Revivals/Awakenings often started with a few peole..
- Praying, seeking/waiting on God, reading Scripture.
- In Christian History.
---
As I suggested to you before..on other thread..
- Read/learn more about..the History of Revivals/Spiritual Awakenings.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man It's good when a professed hunger for the things of God expresses itself in a prayerful hunger for the Scriptures...

I know there have been times when people have called for that type of prayer movement but I don't think anything has really happened to that degree since, that I know of. Remember Larry Lee, it looked like a call to that kind of prayer gathering was happening but it never took off.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know there have been times when people have called for that type of prayer movement but I don't think anything has really happened to that degree since, that I know of. Remember Larry Lee, it looked like a call to that kind of prayer gathering was happening but it never took off.
I do think that prayer can be kind of frenzied but it should also be combined with getting deeply into the Word......

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Genuine Revival' is based on..scripture & prayer.
- I told you (comment)..on other thread.
- A bit tired..saying same thing to you..again.
---
Revivals/Awakenings often started with a few peole..
- Praying, seeking/waiting on God, reading Scripture.
- In Christian History.
---
As I suggested to you before..on other thread..
- Read/learn more about..the History of Revivals/Spiritual Awakenings.

It's history, unless you're just into history it's not pertinent to a move of God. I don't know history. Failed every history class I took. I like history now but has nothing to do with God doing anything today.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think that prayer can be kind of frenzied but it should also be combined with getting deeply into the Word......

Yes couldn't agree more. To me it seems we are handled differently in the day we live in.. knowledge is being poured out through the word. Remember the scripture talking about the knowledge covering the earth as the waters cover the sea. We are going to witness that.. and are witnessing it. In the world as well in the spirit. I'll do one more article based on that. That has been the build up taking about the history of movements in my little way.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes couldn't agree more. To me it seems we are handled differently in the day we live in.. knowledge is being poured out through the word. Remember the scripture talking about the knowledge covering the earth as the waters cover the sea. We are going to witness that.. and are witnessing it. In the world as well in the spirit.
What I just don't get is all the religious ppl seemingly doing stream of consciousness running commentaries on news in the world, but as far as what is actually revealed in Scripture is concerned, well, seemingly there is not such an interest...

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I just don't get is all the religious ppl seemingly doing stream of consciousness running commentaries on news in the world, but as far as what is actually revealed in Scripture is concerned, well, seemingly there is not such an interest...

People will have to dig in and get off the world news kick. That's easy stuff to sit around and say we're in the last days. Ok but what is God doing.. like we have no idea. Do don't be fooled religion will always have they're world to keep it going.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
People will have to dig in and get off the world news kick. That's easy stuff to sit around and say we're in the last days. Ok but what is God doing.. like we have no idea. Do don't be fooled religion will always have they're world to keep it going.
@soul man "My word shall not return unto me void" (Isaiah 55.11) This is what is far better to concentrate on rather than news clips.....

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's history, unless you're just into history it's not pertinent to a move of God. I don't know history. Failed every history class I took. I like history now but has nothing to do with God doing anything today.
Your post mentioned..some Movements/Move of God (historical facts).
- Latter Day Movement, Healing Revival, Charismatic Renewal..
- & "God is moving today!"
---
My view/perspective is..
- Learning/knowing a bit..about history (different movements) can be helpful..
- Understanding current move of God/movement.
---
I am working on the book project.
- 'Revivals/Spiritual Awakenings & impact on Christian Mission..in Christian History'
----
'Revival/Renewal Movements' had impact on/influence..
- During my spiritual journey.
- in 1970's.

-

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I relate some of the early moves of God by memory
Precious friend, I believe God Has Only ONE "Early Movement"
Still In Effect,Today, That Of "The Dispensation Of GRACE,"
Committed
to the apostle ofthe Gentiles. (Romans Through Philemon)
A true revival of the work of testimony should revolve around prayer AND the Scriptures...
Precious friend, yes prayer (what we "say to Him") is important, But
More Important is What HE Has To Say To us, Correct? And, to also
Clarify This with "The Word Of Truth, studied Rightly Divided,"
Because
of the following Confusing "movements," ALL claiming that
"
they Are Of God.":

"Presently we shall explain why we have featured in this message the four
‘sectarian’ churches, ‘THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CHURCH’, ‘THE CHURCH OF
CHRIST’, THE PENTECOSTAL CHURCH’ and ‘THE SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST
CHURCH’. We speak of these four religious organizations as religious movements
that are really moving. Their religious leaders are on the alert. There are other
religious movements that are moving; The Mormons, Christian Scientists and
the Roman Catholic Church. Of course the Lutherans and the Nazarenes are not
standing still. Some of the other three hundred ‘sectarian’ religious groups are
holding their own. Others are slipping."

FULL article on "Four Religious Movements That Are Moving"

GRACE and Peace ...

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Four Religious (watered-down) Movements That Are Moving"
Precious friends, I read this lengthy "study" before retiring last night. IF