Mr. Gypsy Is Having Surgery...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
He has an enlarged prostate (way enlarged) and on Thursday they're going to do a procedure called "TURP"...For those unfamiliar with it, basically it is "shaving" off part of the prostate. Thank God there is no cancer, just a prostate that refuses to stop growing. ANYHOW...There are some pretty unpleasant risks so please keep his doctor in prayer. I'm expecting God to hold his hands steady and for Mr. Gypsy to be risk free!!!!!!!!!
smilie_girl_107.gif

YouTube has a great video on it if ya want to check it out...(Um...Caution to the guys. It'll make ya cringe!
skeptisch_girl.gif
)

Thanks to all.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
John 10:10
... I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Praying for that abundant life for you and your husband!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Thanks all for your prayers. He's VERY nervous about the outcome. I keep encouraging him to stay on the positive side and believe he's going to fall into the highest percentile, heal perfectly, and have no diminished function. I can only imagine what it would be like for ANY man to have to face this. God bless him.

ANYHOW...He checks into the hospital at 6:15 AM, tomorrow. Surgery is at 7:30. I'll report back after the procedure.
ja2.gif

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
UPDATE...

Surgery was on Thursday. Doc said it was "bloodier that normal" and it took 2 hours instead of the 20 - 60 minutes. They took the catheter out on Friday morning and said if he could pee on his own he could go home. SO...Every time he peed they did an ultra-sound to check that the bladder was emptying completely.

First time - just a little liquid left in the bladder.

Second time - completely empty.

third time - Empty.

THEN...he went to pee and came out of the bathroom shaking head to toe. I swear...It was like a seizure! The nurse came running and gave me that "oops" look. She checked him and said "We're going to have to put the catheter back in. Sure enough...bladder filled past capacity and a lot of blood clots came out. After 3 hours of this, with periodic hand irrigation, they decided to keep him another day.

I went back in on Saturday and the nurse taught me how to hand irrigate (in case clots plugged up the catheter), loaded me up with the necessary supplies and late in the afternoon they released him - catheter taped to his leg. He has to keep it in until his appointment on Thursday. The lesson in hand irrigation came in handy...We were home about 30 minutes and he doubled over in pain. So I did the deed and once again...blood clots galore. Since then, though, the clots have been small enough to pass through the catheter.

Things I have learned -
1. TURP = Bad​
2. Morphine = good​
3. Catheters = bad​
4. Morphine + Vicodin = really good​
5. Hand irrigation = bad
smilie_girl_175.gif

6. Morphine + Vicodin + Opium/Bella Donna Suppository = BEST COMBINATION EVAR!
smilie_girl_252.gif

That is all...Carry on.​

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and continued prayers.

Mr. Gypsy woke me up at 1:30 AM...Plugged Catheter.

He woke me again at 5 AM. I irrigated him and got out 2.5 syringes of blood clots! (And these are big-ass syringes!)
smilie_girl_094.gif

When we were at the hospital, the nurse asked me if I thought I could do this. (We live 75 miles from the hospital so that is why they decided to train me.) I said sure, why? She said sometimes it's hard when it's your husband and people get queezy and pass out. I just looked at her and said "Pay back time!!!!")
smilie_girl_101.gif

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I certainly hope Mr Gypsy is recovering. My wife says I'll be healthy until the day I die, -- which may be sooner than I think, if I don't "knock it off". :)

BibleScribe

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Well, we just returned from the appointment.

Good news is the catheter is out.

Bad news...Mr. Gypsy has prostate cancer.

I'll be taking a break for awhile until he has another biopsy and comes to terms with treatment.

Thanks for your prayers.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Sad news... :(

May the Lord strengthen you both... He is faithful to turn every weapon set against us into a tool for his glory! :)

MrsMopar

Oct 26, 2011
Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee
I know I'm new here but I'm not new to what you are dealing with Gypsy. Sending you a prayer for strength through this time in your life.

May the Lord lay his healing hand on Mr. Gypsy through this time. May Mr. Gypsy find peace and strength through Him in this time of need.

You are in my prayers this afternoon and evening. God Bless.

Reactions: Angelina

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Father Yahweh, Please kill this cancer! Please heal My Gypsy completely! Nothing is too big for you! I ask in the name of Jesus