much in one verse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Just came across this one yesterday. It definately stopped me and caught my attention. There seems to be very very much in this one verse. Heres what I take from it, hopefully you all have an insight on it as well.1 Corinthians 15:28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.So the Son will turn ALL things, even himself, to be subject to the Father. I think this is saying that The Son's purpose is now complete (after judgement and all) ALSO the Spirits job is complete (now that we are lead and dwell in righteousness in heaven.) So if the jobs of the Son and of the spirit are all pre-judgment fufillment "occupations of God", I think what this verse is saying is that the trinity which we know are three distinct persons will be completely one (as they are NOW but without ANY seperation of purpose.)I am not saying that the Son and Spirit are no more- just that they ALL are ONE in everyway even purpose and role. And as we know from Jesus, if we know the Son then we know the Father, if we see the Son then we have seen the Father. To sum it up, I believe the Lord will not be a trinune God (not in the sense that they wont all exist, just that there will no longer be a seperation of roles) any longer after ALL things are fufilled. thoughts?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I think you are right this is very good insight I hadnt thought of it in those terms but I would agree, he also will have subdued all evil (satan) so there would not be need for the son in the roll he now plays. If there is no more sin when its complete the roll would be completed.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
That's one of the verses that would just go over my head.But it seems to say that even Jesus will be under God. Jesus said this too. He says the Father is greater than Him. The trinity part is interesting, but I don't think this verse shows that exactly. But that could be.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Very interesting... I don't know. It does sound like you could be right. Perhaps God is triune, somehow, on our behalf... and once we are redeemed, this is no longer so.God knows... but it's something to ponder :-/

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The thing about this verse is it tends to bend with your veiw of the trinity the JW really like to use this verse.
smile.gif
My veiw is a little different perhaps than yours Red We have one God he is three complete parts, the best explanation I ve heard is the egg one egg but three seperate parts, you can seprate these parts and each can be used in differnt ways but its still one egg. You have to put the whole egg back together for it to be a complete egg. all parts are equally important to make the egg complete. Once Christ has presented the perfect church body to Father his role as son/savior is complete. The three parts are the all (one egg) remaining seperate but together just as the the complete egg still has a shell, a white , a yolk but has come togeter as one egg. yet each part remains complete for what it is (the white is still the complete white the yolk still a complete yolk) under the shell they are one egg (God) Hope that makes some sense to you:) I better go get another cup of coffee on that one

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(kriss;48129)
The thing about this verse is it tends to bend with your veiw of the trinity the JW really like to use this verse.
smile.gif
My veiw is a little different perhaps than yours Red We have one God he is three complete parts, the best explanation I ve heard is the egg one egg but three seperate parts, you can seprate these parts and each can be used in differnt ways but its still one egg.
I cut peices of your post Kriss, just to address certain parts. First, I didnt know that JW like this verse, but looking at it, I can see why. It could easily be twisted to fit their false teachings. Second, and this ones important to me, is that I made sure to say that they are still ALL present and still ALL ONE. I just feel this verse takes shows that the "pre-judgment occupations" of God will be fully completely one in ALL ways. So just to clear it up-I didnt say/ nor do I believe that the Son and Spirit will vanish. I believe they will all be present and all be ONE in all ways possible.And again, the only reason why I feel this verse teaches this- Is because after judgment- the Son's "job" is complete, the Spirit will have lead the ones to the Lord who were going to be, so both of the jobs of the Son and Spirit become "finished"

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree with your conclusions completley and I understood you were not saying that spirt and the son would vanish. I was trying to make it more clear to the reader that we were not demoting Christ as the JW do just because his role as Son/savior is complete.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
I see Kriss, just wanted to clear that up for everyone. Seems like not too many people want to tackle these sort of posts.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Meat always seems to do that:) thank heavens some like to chew rather than just drink milk milk milk
smile.gif

Maximus Christianus

May 6, 2008
Im not sure what Im reading here but it seems some of you need to step back from theorizing the scriptures and let them speak to you on its terms. God is immutable, unchangeable, invisible, spirit, omnipotent, omniscient. Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. God as triune is triune and always has been triune. God will always be triune. God will never change his substance or roles, God will never stop being what he is today. Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.This is not meat this is simply error. When Jesus delivers all things to God the Father and is subject unto Him we must not think that Jesus is not now already subject to God the Father or that Jesus is operating independently of the Father. There can be no shadow of turning in Jesus anymore so than in the Father.Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. And again Jesus says this, Joh 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. We are not reading about a God and Father that operates seperately or about a Son that operates independently. God cannot oppose himself, nor will God deny himself. 2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. When we read these things about God, we do not read them as if they will change in the future. Not when it comes to Gods person. Yes we know sin will vanish and death will be destroyed. These things are absent even now in heaven. Christ has an eternal priesthood. Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. I think you see where I am coming from. God is always going to be triune and the good thing is 'we shall see him as He is" 1John 3. Max

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont think we said much different except we said the role of savior, son is completed in fact I went out of my way to say Christ was not deminished only that his role will change I also used the egg to show all parts still exist in their completness and are three in one Christ role does change as he becomes King of kings. Im not sure what you are disagreeing with

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
The verse is interesting, but I kept thinking of Revelation and the New Jerusalem. Check out Rev. 21: 22 that says, "But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." Then again in Ch. 22, verse 3, it says, "And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him." The Lamb of God will receive honor and praise for all eternity because of His sacrifice. He has the name above all names because God has given Him that name (Philippians 2:9). It's true that He is part of the Father, yet the same. It's such a mystery but won't be one day. Hebrew 7:24 declares that Jesus' position will always be that of an unchangeable priesthood. I tend to think that the Father will always honor Christ for what His role was at Calvary.