Music and the Holy Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bellgamin

Aug 25, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
www.biblebell.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A musical analogy of the Holy Trinity:

Major chords are all trinities. For example, the C major chord is composed of the notes C E G. 3 notes, 1 chord.

Most electric guitars have 6 strings. In "open" (unfretted) position, those strings usually are tuned ----- E A D G B E.

When I pluck either of the guitar's two E strings in open position, it will play the musical note E. When I press the E string down against the 3rd fret, then pluck that E string, it will play the note G. When I press the E string down against the 8th fret, then pluck that string, it will play the note C. Thus, C E G are all contained in the E string.

If I trigger my electric guitar to "sustain" (so a note doesn't stop sounding until I make it stop), then I can pluck the E string 3 times -- first I pluck it open, then I pluck it with 3rd fret pressed, & then I pluck it with 8th string pressed. The sustained three notes will sound C E G -- C major. Thus C major is contained in the one string. Three-in-one.

Three notes in ONE chord. Three notes in ONE string. This is true for every major chord. Is it coincidence that music works just exactly this way? Is it coincidence that correctly structured major chords please our ears whereas incorrectly structured chords rasp our ears? Is it coincidence that correctly structured chords are not only pleasing to the ears, but they are also *mathematically* correct as well?

I believe that music, which was "invented" by God, is a real-world example of God's triune nature? What do you think?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music is also a real-world example of God's loving provision for us. When we are stressed, listening to our favorite music relaxes us. It helps to wash away the "grime" that accumulates on our souls from merely living every day in a fallen world among fallen people.

Marvel at God's invention of music for healing human souls -- not just the souls of those who love Him but also the souls of those who hate Him or even deny Him altogether.

The way that God invented music is so strange. Who would have thunk it? To wit: Take several strands of horse hair, & some dried out strands of a dead cat's intestines. Stretch & attach the intestinal strands across a wooden box. Now draw the horse hairs back & forth across the cat's intestines. The horse hairs are a bit rough, so moving them across the cat's intestinal strings makes the strings vibrate. The vibration of the strings vibrates the air. The vibrating air moves from the strings to your ears. Inside your ears, the vibrating air cause a fleshly hammer to strike against a fleshly anvil. That striking of the anvil causes your ear to send electrical signals to your brain and what happens? MUSIC!!!

God made it so cat guts plus horse hairs plus air vibrations plus ear's electrical signal gave us the priceless gift of music!!! Not just that. Put your lips to the mouth piece of a trumpet or tuba or french horn. Then vibrate your lips to make fart sounds into the mouthpiece. Out comes MUSIC! Blow air across the top of a Coca-Cola bottle and -- Music!

Music makes our lives more livable. Music soothes even the savage beast. Music illustrates God's triune nature, His mathematical genius, and His amazingly gracious creativity. What a wonder is our God!!!