MY BRIEF TESTIMONY!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So he is not a spirit?

Stranger

No, I don't believe a spirit is used to refer to a person. But it can refer to their beliefs which are inspired by a spirit. There is the scripture with knowing people by their fruits. Also the one that goes like, from the mouth the heart speaks. Please excuse the paraphrase, trying to make this quick.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't believe a spirit is used to refer to a person. But it can refer to their beliefs which are inspired by a spirit. There is the scripture with knowing people by their fruits. Also the one that goes like, from the mouth the heart speaks. Please excuse the paraphrase, trying to make this quick.

Seems I recall that man is body soul and spirit. When John says in (1John 4:1) to "try the spirits" he is referring to the false prophets. And these happen to be men. So irregardless of whether you want to call a man a spirit, he is the one voicing that which is to be tried. Therefore when it says try every spirit, it is speaking to the one who is presenting themselves.

And we are to know no man after the flesh. Which means we are to know him after the spirit. (2Cor.5:16) "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

Stranger

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Seems I recall that man is body soul and spirit. When John says in (1John 4:1) to "try the spirits" he is referring to the false prophets. And these happen to be men. So irregardless of whether you want to call a man a spirit, he is the one voicing that which is to be tried. Therefore when it says try every spirit, it is speaking to the one who is presenting themselves.

And we are to know no man after the flesh. Which means we are to know him after the spirit. (2Cor.5:16) "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

Stranger
When a prophet speaks it is by a spirit. If the prophet doesn't speak by the Holy Spirit, they are likely speaking by an evil spirit. Then they are false prophets if they speak by an evil spirit.

But your right I'm just splitting hairs, it is the spirit that is important.