My dad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone,
My dad is 90 and quite poorly at the moment. He has problems with his liver and it’s affecting him in so many ways. I am pulled between working and being their for him, and as this has all transpired in the last week, I am struggling to deal with my own emotional responses to this new issue. Well aware that this potentially be an end of life situation.
Over here in the U.K. it will be the Queens Jubilee ( platinum ) well it was ten years ago on her last jubilee weekend that my mum died suddenly, so lots of triggers to that going on as well.
I am not coping to well , if I am honest x
Would value prayer support for my dad , and for me xx
Rita

I'm sorry to hear about that Rita and i pray that God gives you and your family the strength to overcome this difficult time as well as limiting the pain for your father and your family.

I'm going to be blunt now.
I think we have to be ready for the day God takes our parents. It's the natural progression. I dread the day God takes my parents and I've been undertaking mental preparation for when this does happen otherwise I'm likely to loose my self and my mind.

For sure we will miss them and weep while we remember the good times but also remember that they are (or will be) in heaven with God.

Also in your instance Rita your dad has lived 90 years. An achievement not met by many people and his rich life should also be remembered and celebrated.

We know we won't live forever in this world but as Christans we should understand that it's Gods plan and that eternal life is far greater than life on earth.

God bless

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you
The Lord is truly ‘ in ‘ the situation, not in healing but in the provision of support and help. I am not in as much of an panic mode over what I need to do ……learning to trust xxxx
Romans 8:28
Rita

That's good to hear.
Also you mentioned your caught between work and being there for your dad. If you have to choose one I think you know which one to choose, right?
Screw work they can wait family is number one

Reactions: Rita and JohnPaul

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's good to hear.
Also you mentioned your caught between work and being there for your dad. If you have to choose one I think you know which one to choose, right?
Screw work they can wait family is number one
Thankfully I do have understanding managers, dad now has a scan on Monday, so I had to take the day off, then another scan Tuesday , so I have a half day, then on the 11th he has an ultra scan, so another day ………
Yes, I would put my dad first x

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to hear about that Rita and i pray that God gives you and your family the strength to overcome this difficult time as well as limiting the pain for your father and your family.

I'm going to be blunt now.
I think we have to be ready for the day God takes our parents. It's the natural progression. I dread the day God takes my parents and I've been undertaking mental preparation for when this does happen otherwise I'm likely to loose my self and my mind.

For sure we will miss them and weep while we remember the good times but also remember that they are (or will be) in heaven with God.

Also in your instance Rita your dad has lived 90 years. An achievement not met by many people and his rich life should also be remembered and celebrated.

We know we won't live forever in this world but as Christans we should understand that it's Gods plan and that eternal life is far greater than life on earth.

God bless
I had to come to terms with losing a parent ten years ago when my mum died suddenly, I had also dreaded that happening. It is a transition , and it’s a painful one. I also feel the dread of one day leaving my children , it breaks my heart at times. However, as you say, it’s a natural progression. Yes, my dad has had a good innings xx
Rita

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to come to terms with losing a parent ten years ago when my mum died suddenly, I had also dreaded that happening. It is a transition , and it’s a painful one. I also feel the dread of one day leaving my children , it breaks my heart at times. However, as you say, it’s a natural progression. Yes, my dad has had a good innings xx
Rita
The only true thing that matters is DID ONE KNOW CHRIST . cause when our time is up , I PROMISE ITS A FAR BETTER PLACE
than this place that we go to .
Ponder on the beauty of that . Though we might be sad when we lose one , IF that soul KNEW JESUS
I PROMISE THEY AINT SAD AT ALL . THEY ARE THE HAPPIEST THEY HAVE EVER BEEN the MOMENT they depart and are with CHRIST .
Think on the beauty of that . ITS US who are still in this world that must suffer things . BUT EVEN through that
WE GOT THE HOPE OF THE LORD and HIS DAY TO LOOK FORWARD TOO .
If we could even grasp the beauty of being with CHRIST and what it is like to depart and be with HIM , WE ALL WOULD SING and have all hope
and all peace . In this world we are gonna suffer things and we are gonna lose loved ones . While it can be sad , JUST remember
IF that loved one KNEW JESUS , THEY ARE FOREVER FREE with the KING . NO more crying , no more pain , no more suffering
just the greatest joy they ever known .

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Praying for you Rita and for your Dad. All things will work out according to God's will. animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif Trust God in the fact that he knows what is best even in this very difficult and heart wrenching situation. Blessings and prayers going up for you and your family xoxo animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif 459830qyqjkq81to.gif