My Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What exactly takes them this long though? Actually, what they really need is a cure,.. but by the time that they actually develop one the virus is probably going to be a part of history.
There's literally a ton of research going on right now. There are about 250 different vaccines undergoing testing. About 500 different drugs being developed currently....and that is just the ones in the westernized nations. The Communist countries? We don't know because they don't tell the truth.

These things take time to create and test before we even try to administer them to anyone. And people have very complex biological systems compared to animals. It isn't quick and it isn't easy. At no point in human history has things worked this fast in finding treatments, cures, and vaccines.

Influenza outbreaks are over 100 years old. That's why we have vaccines for them. That's why we have antiviral treatment...

Covid-19 isn't even a year old yet.

Reactions: Truman and historyb

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today I went to the Doctor on the bus, went to the supermarket afterwards and then got on the bus to come home. Everyone was nice to me everywhere. When I was on the bus home the computer announcer said "Remember always wear a mask and wash your hands often" it was then I felt like I was in a 1984 novel.

You all think I been hanging around here to much :)

ryb, post: 856998, member: 3680"]Today I went to the Doctor on the bus, went to the supermarket afterwards and then got on the bus to come home. Everyone was nice to me everywhere. When I was on the bus home the computer announcer said "Remember always wear a mask and wash your hands often" it was then I felt like I was in a 1984 novel.

You all think I been hanging around here to much :)[/QUOTE]
I agree that Bela Lugosi was the best. Then there were Peter Lorre and Peter Cushing. And we can't forget Vincent Price. When I was a kid, these guys scared me! I think the scariest movie from back then was "The Haunting." It showed no monster and no blood and gore, but it terrified me. Lol

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ryb, post: 856998, member: 3680"]Today I went to the Doctor on the bus, went to the supermarket afterwards and then got on the bus to come home. Everyone was nice to me everywhere. When I was on the bus home the computer announcer said "Remember always wear a mask and wash your hands often" it was then I felt like I was in a 1984 novel.

I agree that Bela Lugosi was the best. Then there were Peter Lorre and Peter Cushing. And we can't forget Vincent Price. When I was a kid, these guys scared me! I think the scariest movie from back then was "The Haunting." It showed no monster and no blood and gore, but it terrified me. Lol[/QUOTE]

Have to watch the Haunting. I like Vincent Price's House on Haunted Hill, a real good old time horror with Price is Three Skeleton Key, really good Three Skeleton Key : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@historyb Glad to hear you're doing better. Just a cat scratch caused that?

Yep, not even a scratch a pin prick. She had use the bathroom so her little paw might have been dirty and I am susceptible to cellulitis in my legs. A long time ago I was zooming around the house and the dryer door got me, that was my first infection about 16 years ago and I had them off and on ever since when I get scratched.

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's literally a ton of research going on right now. There are about 250 different vaccines undergoing testing. About 500 different drugs being developed currently....and that is just the ones in the westernized nations. The Communist countries? We don't know because they don't tell the truth.

These things take time to create and test before we even try to administer them to anyone. And people have very complex biological systems compared to animals. It isn't quick and it isn't easy. At no point in human history has things worked this fast in finding treatments, cures, and vaccines.

Influenza outbreaks are over 100 years old. That's why we have vaccines for them. That's why we have antiviral treatment...

Covid-19 isn't even a year old yet.

I just recently heard today that they actually have been testing these vaccines on people and they have been winding up sick because of them.

Reactions: JohnDB

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just recently heard today that they actually have been testing these vaccines on people and they have been winding up sick because of them.

Me too and I heard the shots were from aborted babies stem cells

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s boosts your immune system.

So in other words there's a shortage because people are running out hoping that this will help them with Corona? (Apparently from what all I've heard it doesn't.)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, not even a scratch a pin prick. She had use the bathroom so her little paw might have been dirty and I am susceptible to cellulitis in my legs. A long time ago I was zooming around the house and the dryer door got me, that was my first infection about 16 years ago and I had them off and on ever since when I get scratched.

Yeah that would do it. My cat used to scratch me with dirty paws (she was a real attack cat) and always swelled up.

I was thinking about watching Van Helsing for halloween, ever seen it?

Reactions: historyb

Michie

Jun 28, 2020
Indy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in other words there's a shortage because people are running out hoping that this will help them with Corona? (Apparently from what all I've heard it doesn't.)
No. My fault. I should of went into more detail. It does boost your immune system when it comes to certain stains of flu. But if someone that has come down with Covid and has been vaccinated for flu, it helps with the diagnoses and treatment process should it be Covid or something else more serious than the flu. It also helps alleviate the health care system during a pandemic. It was on the news last week.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean you didn't get involved in a riot?
No one forced you to sign a communist party membership card?
Huh...
The gestapo didn't ask you for your papers several times?
Maybe you aren't doing something right...

Maybe he doesn't live in New York City ... ?

Bobby Jo :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...
There's a review board that monitors everything that happens with those who are a part of the research. DSMB. Or Data Safety Management Board.

They are the ones who do this...

It's fairly common that they will stop a trial several times. Everyone is given the same information whether given placebo or vaccine. So we don't know if it was someone with placebo effect or not...we will after careful testing.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Keep smiling! :)

* I guess we should be grateful that we have people with the expertise to apply themselves to find a cure. That we have hospitals, nurses and doctors who can take care of us if we should contract this virus.

* At least we know that there is medication and equipment suitable to help deal with the most severe symptoms, and that we will be taken care of, no matter what the outcome. This would not have been the case were we living in the 13th or 14th centuries and dealing with something like the black death! We have a lot to be thankful for.

* There are those who don't have the advantages we have, who would be just so grateful for the warnings and the advice that is so freely given to us, and which we now find irksome because time is passing and our lives are being put on hold by something outside of ourselves.

* No matter what - be thankful!

:)

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today I went to the Doctor on the bus, went to the supermarket afterwards and then got on the bus to come home. Everyone was nice to me everywhere. When I was on the bus home the computer announcer said "Remember always wear a mask and wash your hands often" it was then I felt like I was in a 1984 novel.

Big Brother loves you! 2 + 2= 5

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...
There's a review board that monitors everything that happens with those who are a part of the research. DSMB. Or Data Safety Management Board.

Then, why are people still getting sick?