My "Intro"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PantherEye

Dec 9, 2012
Texas
Hi Everyone!

My name is Mel... I came here via Born Again. The atmosphere seems very peaceful and loving, I look forward to getting to know everyone! A little about me:

I am currently enrolled in school working on Double Major in Sociology & Criminal Justice, hoping to eventually obtain a Master's degree. I desire to work in ECI, CPS, Child Care Licensing or the Juvenile Justice System. Currently, I privately tutor students for College Algebra and below in Math.

Also, I know ASL (American Sign Language) and will at some point be sitting for my Texas Interpreter's Exam

On October 10, 2013... A dreadful thing happened. BUT JESUS SAVED ME......

I was driving home, and suddenly, I found my car smashed into a tree and knocked upside down. The jist is, I dropped a bottle of water in the floor board and went after it- bad mistake on my part. Taking my eyes off the road for a split second proved to be a near fatal mistake.

It could have been a very fatal accident- but it wasn't because Jesus was with me. I was pinned to the car with my seat belt, and facing death. My chest was compressed, I couldn't breathe very well- and I had some kind of caustic substance dripping on me (I would find out later it was gasoline, and my car was on fire).

I was facing death head on, and sheer panic set in. There were some truckers who were there, they kept trying to calm me – and they had the tools to get me out- what a miracle. At one point, after the initial shock wore off I just started praying. My prayer was “Jesus, if you’re ready to take me home- please take me now, otherwise please get me out of here”. I got this overwhelming sense of peace you can not imagine. I was facing death head on, and all I felt was peace. What an amazing feeling to know I don’t fear death! As Christians, we have no need to fear death, but to embrace it. JESUS SAVED MY LIFE

Other than that, I live in Texas with my husband and our Russian Blue cat named Xena. She is beautiful, here she is!

10733991_10205344318278052_5372242057756399941_n.jpg

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome and nice to meet you. I hope you find some peace and love here and remember to take the good you find and leave the rest.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always leave out cat food for the stray cats. Yours is very beautiful. Our family had a Russian Blue cat named Shadow. Welcome to the CB by the way!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome, Mel! Enjoy your time and the fellowship! :)

BA

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mel, welcome to the community! That's quite a story of how God worked in your life, even as it was something so scary! Look forward to learning from you, particularly with your line of work and study.

estadalamoo

May 31, 2015
That was a nice but scary testimony, and you taught me one new thing about peace. That once we let go of our belief in good and evil and excepted love, then we find peace.

Thankyou.