My Rant video

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
I have had a problem with many people determining my eternity because I watch TV and play Video games. When they make assumptions, They Get into my business. I made a video and I will share the link here. It makes me furious and I am not going to pretend like I am even happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMpQW5B03ZM

You might not even agree with me, But this is me I am not a robot. I am a Christian with a life

Grump

Feb 13, 2013
US
As a pseudo-gaming Christian myself (I am slowly turning away from them), I see quite a few problems with this video and the arguments presented within.

On the video as a whole: It is not a reasoned, seasoned argument. I get the impression it's a violent backlash against any who would admonish a fellow brother in Christ. Whether this admonishment is true or false is irrelevant - the nature of your rebuttal may need some finetuning.

On 0:15: What constitutes popular belief exactly? I think you are overestimating the presence of an opinion simply because it contradicts your own and it may be present in the circles of authority that are over you. On the contrary, I've seen in mainstream culture of the current 20s/high teens generation the exact opposite - life is to be enjoyed and all responsibility should be abandoned (YOLO, anyone?).

On 0:39: You seem to be forgetting that the inner spirit manifests in outer ways (a good tree cannot produce bad fruit). Similarly, what goes on in the "outer realm" affects how the inner spirit functions. A couple of verses to reinforce this rather powerful stance is Matthew 6:22-23. We must purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit (2 Corinthians 7:1). Perhaps one of the ways of doing this is to restrict what we let our "lamps of the body" focus on?

0:56: Another popular stance is the lust-of-the-heart issue. If we sin by committing adultery, but we also sin simply by looking at a woman with lust in our hearts, would it be too far of a stretch to say that we sin by simulating an act of murder, thievery, sabotage, or some other non-Godly act?

1:10: Indeed, we can't escape the earth yet. But we are called to avoid being conformed to the ways of the world (Romans 12:2). It's been shown time and time again that video games do influence our behavior, the same way that television, music, and other forms of media do. What type of meditation material are you stuffing into your mind?

1:17 Refusing to be a snob is good. But we must be salt and light unto a depraved world (Matthew 5:13-16). We must encourage and admonish our brothers in the faith. You can't blame people for doing the Biblical thing (you can, perhaps, blame them for doing it in a non-Christlike way though).

Reactions: Angelina

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Inmate, from what I read without actually watching your 'rant,' you say, "Play before you judge (facepalm to the max)."

If I was going to rent a movie and it says it is "R" rated with 'language,' excessive violence, disturbing images, nudity and sexual situations,
do I really need to first watch it before I decide it isn't something that I should not be putting before my eyes?

Does the fact that I am told it is a potential Academy Award Winner or # 1 at the box office excuse the fact that I will be willfully taking those things in with my eyes and ears?

Does it really matter what my motives are for watching this "entertainment" if I am going to do what the Bible says I shouldn't? (Psalm 101:3)

You are okay in playing Grand Theft Auto - even though you are willfully exposing yourself to the filth that is in that game - because your motives are 'not sinful?'

Good luck with that.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Exactly what Im talking about......My argument is a Human reasoning....Yall act like robots because you wont have some fun. You want to avoid everything. You dont know my heart nor intentions to play games.

Life really Sucks anyways, Whats the point of trying? To go to heaven and still be a slave? I Dont think so! God wants us to have some fun why dont you guys cheer up and stop being victims man. Be aware and careful that's all

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Inmate, do you really think that if someone choses not to play play videogames that have an 'M for Mature' rating or go to R-rated movies, or listen to music that has cussing, sexual descriptions, mysginistic themes, etc. "won't have some fun?" That we really "want to avoid everything?"

My good man, you really have no sense of perspective of what God expects of us, or the rewards waiting for those who choose not to indulge in areas of compromise and sin here on earth.

Just because I don't indulge in those activities doesn't make me a cave-dwelling monk. There is so much to be involved without outside of the activities you describe.
But let's be real here. There is no honest way to say, I am going to put before me things God does not want me to, but it is okay because my motives are pure.

Your comment, "To go to heaven and stll be a slave" shows you don't realize two things:
1. The joy you can have hear on earth while walking in God's will (and I am truly sad that is lost on you).
2. The eternity of happiness that we cannot grasp with our human minds for those who remain faithful to God here on earth.

You are looking no further than the distance between your controller and your TV.

Sincerely, friend. Please speak with someone about this. Your heart is both hard and broken and that is not what God wants for you.

I truly and sincerely wish you the best.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
My Heart is NOT Hard. Dont judge me like that. I pray to God everyday because I know that's what He wants. I pray Very very Frequently actually. I am a gamer, It is a hobby. There is nothing wrong with a hobby. I can tell you 1000000000000000 Things you can do in GTA that is not sinful, and The world frames the game and makes it look bad. I Dont like the world, I am not going to leave my house there is nothing out there in the hood

I reach out to people online. You dont know me

You cannot tell me what I have and do not have.

The only Help I need to seek is God

Only God can judge me, and he is the only one who understands me.

I really dont want to spend eternity with you people it will be boring.

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
Inmate said:
Exactly what Im talking about......My argument is a Human reasoning....Yall act like robots because you wont have some fun. You want to avoid everything. You dont know my heart nor intentions to play games.

Life really Sucks anyways, Whats the point of trying? To go to heaven and still be a slave? I Dont think so! God wants us to have some fun why dont you guys cheer up and stop being victims man. Be aware and careful that's all
Titus 2:12
teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

1 John 2:15
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2 Timothy 2:16
But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness

James 1:15
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Psalm 141:4
Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
To practice wicked works
With men who work iniquity;
And do not let me eat of their delicacies

Proverbs 22:5
Thorns and snares are in the way of the perverse;
He who guards his soul will be far from them.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-2
Finally
then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should
abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk
and to please God
; 2 for you know what commandments we gave you through the Lord Jesus

1 Corinthians 10:14
Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

2 Timothy 2:22
Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Proverbs 21:29
A wicked man hardens his face,
But as for the upright, he establishes his way

If satan did not make sinful things fun then who would fall for his traps? The entire world would be saved if sin was not a temptation. Jesus does know our hearts. Do you spend more time playing those games than you do spending with God? Do you believe Jesus had "fun" when he died for us on the cross? Does the bible say "the path to God is full of fun and excitement"? Does the bible say we recieve our tresures hear on earth through pleasures and fun times? I'm not judging you brother, I'm asking you to be truthful with yourself. What makes you think God owes us the right to have fun? When Jesus came to earth he could have been a king! He could have had anything and everything. But rather than give into worldly things he was born in a barn and wore rags all his life. He was spit on and made fun of, then he was hung to die on a cross. He did non of this for himself or for his pleasure, he did it for us. But yet you don't want to lay your life and happiness down for him? You would rather make yourself happy than do anything to make him happy after what he did for you? We are not slaves to God here on earth or in heaven... it is your choice to follow him or not. You do not follow him to get a free ticket into heaven, you follow him because you love him. Just some things to think about.

Grump

Feb 13, 2013
US
You aren't being judged. You are being admonished and encouraged. That is our responsibility as Christians for our brothers.

Either you want to believe what the Bible says, or you want to believe whatever you deem as right. Plain and simple, it sounds like you still have some self-worship theology going on. There's really nothing we can say if you choose to deny core principles that the Bible directly addresses.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Self worship?? Really? You guys are stressful.

All I am saying is that, Video Games and TV is not a sin depending on how you use it

So depressing to know the people I need to spend eternity with...Sometimes I feel like there is no reason to be alive other than doing everything for someone else

Makes me want to end it all. No point If we cannot enjoy ourselves. Might as well just throw my life away

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA
Dozens of Ethiopian Christians, mostly women, have been detained in
Saudi Arabia after attending a worship service in a private home, Worthy
News learned Wednesday, February 13.

TINDOUF, ALGERIA -An Algerian Christian was heavily fine by an appellate court in Tindouf Wednesday for proselytizing.

NEW DELHI, INDIA --
A key human rights official warned Tuesday, February 12, that
corruption within the police and government of India's eastern state of
Orissa has contributed to renewed violence against Christians in which
at least five people were killed, while several "innocent" believers
remain jailed.

NAIROBI, KENYA --
Christians in Kenya were mourning the death of two Somali pastors who
were reportedly murdered by suspected Islamic militants.

VIENTIANE, LAOS --
Savannakhet province police arrested and detained three Christian
pastors for evangelizing after they made copies of a Christian CD in a
local shop in the Phin district market.

You should be thankful you have the right to praise God and spread his word because many Christians do not but they still risk their lives to do so. Yet you seem to more concerned of how you can spend your time entertaining yourself in this short life we have been given. As you know life does not end here, you have this life to choose to do as you wish with it, and you will have an eternity to think about what you chose to do with it. Where you spend that eternity will depend on what you did in this life and there is no way to change the outcome. I feel your pain brother and I know it is not easy... not for you, me or any Christian. Living right and doing the right thing is something we all struggle with. think of how short life is... if we live to be 100 years old think of how small a number that is when you compare it to a thousand years... a million years... a billion... infinity. We can spend that infinity being tormented by satan and demons thirsting for God and never ever having a chance to quench that thirst again, or we can bask in Gods glory in heaven... never feeling temptation or torment again, never feeling sin, stress, pain, suffering... feeling nothing but the glory of God and the love he has for us. When you love someone you would put your life down for them, you put aside your happiness for theirs. No one on earth can even beguin to love you as much as Jesus does, so why not give him that love back, put your life down for him and replace your happiness for his? In the end you will be happy you did.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
For the last time. God is not going to put someone in Hell for having a life, He will put someone in Hell for refusing to be a Christian, refusing to Love others.

He will put someone in Hell for unrepented Murder, Lying,Stealing, Cheating,

Its all about the Person's Heart, Not how they choose to use their free time. Hobbies are not wicked

If you guys are right, Answer this one Question!!!

If I cannot "Set such things before my eyes", Then WHY, should I set my own thoughts on Hell and Demons around me. You are the type of people who go on youtube and listen to people talking about straight up evil wicked things they saw in Hell. Demons tormenting and defiling flesh and souls is WAAAYYYY More wicked than Climbing a mountain in GTA on the xbox

Grump

Feb 13, 2013
US
Inmate said:
For the last time. God is not going to put someone in Hell for having a life, He will put someone in Hell for refusing to be a Christian, refusing to Love others.

Its all about the Person's Heart, Not how they choose to use their free time. Hobbies are not wicked

If I cannot "Set such things before my eyes", Then WHY, should I set my own thoughts on Hell and Demons around me. You are the type of people who go on youtube and listen to people talking about straight up evil wicked things they saw in Hell. Demons tormenting and defiling flesh and souls is WAAAYYYY More wicked than Climbing a mountain in GTA on the xbox
For one who claims we should not judge, you seem to be doing a bit of it (bolded that part for you).
And to clarify your judging (or it may just be assumption, I cannot tell), I am not that type of person. I actually have a healthy respect (but not fear) for the power demons have and would not spend my time doing that sort of thing - instead, I would be looking at their patterns of action and how we as Christians can recognize and discern them with the Holy Spirit's help. We, or at least I, do not dwell on the obscene. We learn to avoid and fight against.

Honestly, if you (or anyone for that matter) spend more time worrying about Hell and demons than you do thinking about God's kingdom, His methods of sanctification, the thoroughness of justification, and how to practically live out true Christianity... If you think about hell and demons more than all of the things that God has to offer you, then you may need to renew your mind just a bit: consider the absolute certainty of salvation that you have.

BTW: None of us are saying you will be condemned for "having a life". We are simply saying that your spiritual walk will be enhanced if you spent more time learning about the way our faith works.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Right Bro. I have affiliated myself with too many internet christians that think we need to think about hell.

I understand more time needs to be spent studying the Word of God. It is always good to pray too. I do that, and I honestly Play video games because I enjoy the storytelling. GTA takes place in a world Just like this one, and In San Andreas, The main character is returning to his hometown to try to find out why his mom was killed. So he is being toyed around by his "friends" who turn out to only betray him ,they were the ones who ambushed his mom.

It is definitely a story. I am not going to endorse murder or any of that, It is optional in the game, Just like in the real world.

See what I mean?

I play the Walking dead video game because It is a story about a man taking care of a little girl because her parents went missing, and He protects her throughout the story and the mission is to try to find a boat and leave the zombie infested town. The Main Character meets new characters and survives along with them.

I play a game called "bully", Where the main character is new in a school and is beat up and bullied by other kids, In the game the plan is to Put a stop to the bullying, To restore order and become friends with the bullies instead of having to fight them all the time

Why, Just why does 24/7 of my life have to be dedicated to the gospel? I am in No way saying it is bad, Because the gospel is how we should live and treat others, But We have to have been created slightly for ourselves, Just a little bit for us?

oops. and sorry for saying "you type of people" My anger makes me assume things

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
Inmate said:
Matthew 7:22-23
Many
will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your
name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Luke 13:23-28
23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When
once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you
begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open
for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where
you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ 28 There
will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac
and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves
thrust out.

Matthew 25:10-12

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready
went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

So yes, there is more to salvation than deeds. Jesus does not want fans, he wants followers. He does not want people who know of him, he wants people who know him. he does not want people to have a place for him, he wants to be placed first before all things.

1 Thessalonians 19-22
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

2 Crinthians 6:14
14 Do
not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship
has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with
darkness?

Inmate said:
Really?

1 John 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Matthew 10:37
37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me

Romans 2:6-12
6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as
many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law

Matthew 5:22
22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause
shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother,
‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’
shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mark 9:42-48
42 “But
whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble,
it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and
he were thrown into the sea. 43 If
your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter
into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the
fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’

45 And
if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to
enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into
the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

‘Their worm does not die,
And the fire is not quenched.’

47 And
if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to
enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to
be cast into hell fire— 48 where
‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.

Acts 2:38
38 Then
Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in
the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall
receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

Inmate said:
2 Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Colossions 2:8
Beware lest anyone cheat
you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of
men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according
to Christ.

The Holy Spirit lives inside of us, and the Holy Spirit will NOT live in darkness. The bible says that light can not live in darkness nor darkness in light. If we entertain darkness we are not in the light.

The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Any other sin can be forgiven but we must repent and turn from our sin in order to be forgiven. We can not justify our sin.
Inmate said:

You can play video games that are full of cursing, hookers, breaking the law, running over people, shooting people, drug dealing ect like GTA (I looked up the game you mentioned you love playing) but the Holy Spirit will not stick around to watch it with you. You can turn from it or at the very least acknowledge it is sinful and pray to find something less worldly to replace it... such as golf for one of many examples.

To answer your question:
As far as hell and demons, I don't think it is something you should dwell on at all... you need to focus on Jesus not satan. But with that said you do need to accept there is a hell, accept there are demons and they do tempt us, accept satan is real and he wants you to focus on worldly things rather than God, and understand that only Jesus can save you from it all. It is not focusing on them... the bible mentions satan over 50 times in the bible, but not once does it say to focus on him. We know about satan, hell and demons because the bible tells us about them, and it tells us about them so we understand what we are up against. Focus on God, but do not be fooled by the devil. Know always you are doing Gods will and not the devils. It is always important to remember every single possible thing we do or can do in this life is eather good or evil... there is nothing that can make both sides happy. We must also remember satan goes to great lengths to temp us, he does not want us to follow God, to live for God or do anything that pleases God. Remembering that is following the bible, it is not focusing on satan or hell it is doing what the bible tells us to do, not fall into satans traps.

Matthew 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
Now if Jesus expects you to love him more than your own parents, wife and children how much more does he expect you to love him more than worldly things like tv and video games? It all comes down to how much time you spend with him compaired to how much time you spend on other things. If you truely love someone do you not want to spend all of your time with them? ..or at least as much as possible? We can have fun and still spend time with God. There is really no time we are not able to praise God in the back of our heads and speak to him other than when we are sleeping. But when we are playing video games that are cursing and chasing hookers around and killing people it is kind of hard to set the mood, and I doubt God wants to stick around to watch it with us. We don't always have to be spending our free time helping out at soup kitchens, church or what have you, we can have time for ourselves. I enjoy fishing and working in the garden but God is with me the entire time as I thank him for all of his blessings.
BTW, I'm not at all saying I am the poster child for God lol.. far from it. Jesus was the only one and will ever be the only one to walk this earth sin free. I'm just saying it is possible to find fun and excitement in life when we need some down time that can also involve Jesus in it.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
GTA is what you make it out to be. I played through each of the games a billion times and There are plenty of things to do in the game that is not murdering and stealing cars....Sure you can run over people, But there is an option Not to do it, Just like in Real life

I could grab a kitchen knife right now and slaughter my whole neighborhood. I can do it right this very second, But I wont....Just like in the game

And I really voluntarily play the game, Just like I have to volunteer to live in the world. I could blow my brains out, But I choose to live because if I dont stay here Ill go to hell Video games are no different

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Thanks....When I was a kid Jesus became my Friend. He watched me and I was good, But as soon as I got older, Everyone gotta tell me how to live my life.

Only on the internet

And BTW my heart is not hardened to God in any way, I am angry at the world and I am a loner because of it

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
I don't see anyone telling you how to live your life, I see people showing you scripture that tells how one should live their life... there is a big difference. But to follow Gods words or not is something only you can choose to do... Jesus wants followers not fans who are sitting in the bleachers chearing him on between text messeges to their real friends. (real friends ie. worldly things, self concern ect)

Matthew 16:24
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.