My Sheep.......My Voice !?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not to mention

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

which is why so few christians have any life in them. teh foolish virgins with teh empty lamps.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
not to mention

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

which is why so few christians have any life in them. teh foolish virgins with teh empty lamps.
ha seems like you are intent on condemning them all mjr, but 5 of them will have some oil i guess

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not God's voice according to scriptures at Jn 5:37, 6:46 or H/S at14:17 - twinc

twinc, this is the best answer I have to your question. I hope it benefits you in some way. In Genesis 2:16, scripture says: [16] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: [25] And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

They both were naked and not ashamed. There was a relationship with God. But then, woman was tempted by the serpent and dragged away by her lust(the flesh) and man joined her resulting in separation of relationship with God.

Genesis 3:7-10 KJV
[7] And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. [8] And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. [9] And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? [10] And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

God demonstrated in Genesis that He would provide the cover by slaying an animal. The Old Testament is full of mankind trying to hide his spiritual nakedness through works of the flesh(amounting to as much cover as the leaves they used in the beginning). All of it points to Christ. God's provided once-and-for-all cover that restores the full relationship.

In Revelation 3:18 man is urged to accept the atonement God provided: Himself in an earthen vessel of flesh Jesus Christ (God in the flesh). [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

It doesn't say anything about hearing there which pertains to your question of my sheep hear my voice: but Jesus said repeatedly: Mark 4:9 KJV
[9] And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Hear what?
Who are those that have ears to hear?
I pray that is you, twinc.
Scripture says: continue in my word and the truth will set you free. The truth is Jesus Christ. Who the Son sets free is free indeed.

John 5:36-38 KJV
[36] But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. [37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. [38] And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

John 14:16-17 KJV
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The scripture you provided above was directed at those that did not have ears to hear. If they had ears to hear they would not have crucified Him. If you have ears to hear: Then you are one of His sheep that hears His voice.

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (John 10)

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
twinc, this is the best answer I have to your question. I hope it benefits you in some way. In Genesis 2:16, scripture says: [16] And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: [25] And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

They both were naked and not ashamed. There was a relationship with God. But then, woman was tempted by the serpent and dragged away by her lust(the flesh) and man joined her resulting in separation of relationship with God.

Genesis 3:7-10 KJV
[7] And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. [8] And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden. [9] And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? [10] And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

God demonstrated in Genesis that He would provide the cover by slaying an animal. The Old Testament is full of mankind trying to hide his spiritual nakedness through works of the flesh(amounting to as much cover as the leaves they used in the beginning). All of it points to Christ. God's provided once-and-for-all cover that restores the full relationship.

In Revelation 3:18 man is urged to accept the atonement God provided: Himself in an earthen vessel of flesh Jesus Christ (God in the flesh). [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

It doesn't say anything about hearing there which pertains to your question of my sheep hear my voice: but Jesus said repeatedly: Mark 4:9 KJV
[9] And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Hear what?
Who are those that have ears to hear?
I pray that is you, twinc.
Scripture says: continue in my word and the truth will set you free. The truth is Jesus Christ. Who the Son sets free is free indeed.

John 5:36-38 KJV
[36] But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. [37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. [38] And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

John 14:16-17 KJV
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The scripture you provided above was directed at those that did not have ears to hear. If they had ears to hear they would not have crucified Him. If you have ears to hear: Then you are one of His sheep that hears His voice.

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (John 10)

none of what is produced is wrong but your interpretation is - this was not directed or addressed to you and/or I - in Jn 14:16 we are not the ye or you but the world and in 37 and 38 is also true because His word is as at Lk 10:16

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
none of what is produced is wrong but your interpretation is - this was not directed or addressed to you and/or I - in Jn 14:16 we are not the ye or you but the world and in 37 and 38 is also true because His word is as at Lk 10:16

Referring to Luke 10:

Luke 10:2 KJV
[2] Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Those that hear God's voice are the labourers. The seventy were anointed by Jesus to do the Father's will.

Luke 10:2,16-17 KJV
[16] He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. [17] And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

I am not offended that you say my interpretation is wrong. You have a right to say so. But, the interpretation is not mine. It is Him that opens scripture to whom He will; it is His voice there in the Word. I have nothing to do with it.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Referring to Luke 10:

Luke 10:2 KJV
[2] Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

Those that hear God's voice are the labourers. The seventy were anointed by Jesus to do the Father's will.

Luke 10:2,16-17 KJV
[16] He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. [17] And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

I am not offended that you say my interpretation is wrong. You have a right to say so. But, the interpretation is not mine. It is Him that opens scripture to whom He will; it is His voice there in the Word. I have nothing to do with it.

what has Lk 10:2 got to do with my post or Lk 10:17 - twinc

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what has Lk 10:2 got to do with my post or Lk 10:17 - twinc

I'm sorry. I thought you were referring to Luke 10 as a whole since that is where your question comes from. My mistake. Obviously, I don't have the answer you seek. I hope someone else provides it.

If I am wrong as you said, then God will send correction; either through life, scripture, or others. He corrects those that are His.

Reactions: bbyrd009