my story

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
I was a pretty good child. But when those dreadful teenage years came, it was a different story. Im 15 now. and the last 2 or 3 years ive taken the wrong steps and stumbled and fell. Ask for forgiveness. Stumble, fall. Ask for forgiveness. Just keeps repeating! once in a while i "sober up" and know what ive done is stupid and wrong and really get serious with God and ask for forgiveness. so that i hope it will never happen again. But a few days later evil comes back. In the form of lust or masturbation. Im sorry. I just have to tell someone. its so sad! im so sick of this!
Did you encounter this problem in your life?

I dream of becoming a godly man, husband and father.
I wish i could just skip this sinful timeframe of my life and be holy and blameless so my wife and kids could look up to me as a righteous man!
Thats why i like romance books. it gives me a feeling of what my dream life will be like.
I know its not very "manly"of me to read romances.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
In time to come you will like to be back in you time frame now so just enjoy it as it is. and don't be to hard on your self.
Everyone grows in the Lord in good time and it is this time that we need to grow so don't be in to much of a hurry as it wont be over night with good reasons.
Learn to enjoy every year that you are in. as many look back at the years they missed.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Qwerty, there is a song by Third Day called "Cry Out To Jesus."

It is a ballad that absolutely floored me and left me crying the first time I heard it.

The chorus says:
"There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus"

God will take you back whereever you are the moment you sincerely ask him.

We as Christians are all "repeat offenders" when it comes to sin.
God doesn't look at the number of times we fall. He looks at the state of the heart when we ask forgivness.
If he sees true sincerity and regret, you are forgiven and that since is, as the Bible says, "cast as far as the east is from the west."
Jesus then remembers that sin no more. It doesn't matter if it was the first or the 50th time you've committed that since.
If you are sorry, He will forgive you.

As far as being a Godly man, husband and father, that is a journey not an instant result.
The Holy Spirit inside you, if you ask Him regularly for wisdom, courage, discipline, He will help bring about the progress into adulthood that you are hoping for.

The story that encourages me the most is that of the Prodigal Son.

He told his father he wanted his cut.
Told his father he wanted nothing to do with him.
Headed out the door with no plans to ever return or give his father another thought.

He ate, drank, and womanized his way through his share of the fortune and when lean times came found himself starving.

He decided he would go back to his father, and not expecting actual forgiveness, at least hope his father would take him as a servant.

His father saw him approaching, RAN TO MEET HIM, hugged him, forgave him fully, put a robe on his back, shoes on his feet, a ring on his finger and killed the fatted calf to celebrate his son's return.

THAT is love and THAT is exactly how God feels about you and is willing to do for you.

God bless you.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
God will take you back whereever you are the moment you sincerely ask him.

We as Christians are all "repeat offenders" when it comes to sin.
God doesn't look at the number of times we fall. He looks at the state of the heart when we ask forgivness.
If he sees true sincerity and regret, you are forgiven and that since is, as the Bible says, "cast as far as the east is from the west."
Jesus then remembers that sin no more. It doesn't matter if it was the first or the 50th time you've committed that since.
If you are sorry, He will forgive you.

So this is the regular christian life. The switch turning off and on off and on. SIn forgiveness. Sin forgiveness?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
So this is the regular christian life. The switch turning off and on off and on. SIn forgiveness. Sin forgiveness?

-- No. Not even close.
If you are truly living to know and serve Jesus, you will be in a loving relationship with Him where, while you will still sin at timea, the frequency and severity will reduce and your intimacy will grow.

Jesus never said it would be easy. He just said it would be worth it.
And regardless of how difficult it is, it certainly beats the alternative.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satans objective is to pull us away from the love of God in Jesus. He does this by drawing our heart away to anything else but Christ, even to ourselves. the world, false doctrine, religion, so that we form an idol out of that thing. Yet His loving hand continues to woo us back to the Cross where we find full and free forgiveness.
Yes, our hearts are prone to wander but His grace is greater and never ceases to draw us home.