My Stumbling block

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as the church is it's members and not the building, members of the true body are the temple of the Spirit. Each member is as a stone or building block of the temple and each one is a minister of the word or priest. Just as casting lots, we all cast our lot or wealth of knowledge and bicker over who it is that receives the robe of Christ. Your lot is all you have in your understanding and they can see who it is God has chosen to do his bidding. People are rejected for their lack of knowledge and it is as they are in the process of learning but if one has no Spiritual knowledge he isn't helping the church, he's a stumbling block to them. People listen to such a one and they are tripped in their walk to the Lord.
It's also that way in the teachings of the scriptures like put them to the sword is itself. a sword and a stumbling block. Even the flames of fire that keep us our of the garden where we receive the fruit of knowledge from disciples rooted in the word of God.

My stumbling block was the opposite. It was a spiritual understanding that stopped me in my walk. In the creation story where God says to Adam or man. All the herbs of the field and birds of the air and fowls of the air and beast of the field. I know that's, not the exact words but then he says to subdue them and have dominion over them. You can see in 1 Corinthians Jesus handing over the creation to the father and ending all subduing and dominion. The subduing is not birds and beast but people.

Jesus said freely you receive freely give and that means to me given in truth, teach in truth and to do this is the opposite of subduing. Subduing is put under thy foot or making them your footstool.
Then after a lot of I hear the words, Sit by my side and I will make your enemy's your footstool and then I realized just like the beast of the field being domesticated, men too have to be bonded by law to tame them and the word literally is the law that does that.It is the sword against the people that were once his enemies. The word without the Spirit is the letter that puts you under the feet of the Lord until you have changed enough to be set free from all bondage. The secrete things spoken in the closet can now be yelled from the rooftops because the word has been fulfilled. Secrets are shouted fro the highest mountains.
Death is from the lettes and sin but now dead, where is your sting like a scorpion.