Mystery Babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, if you're not comfortable with answering, just don't. I remember forming an opinion about the meaning of blaspheme, blasphemy, and blasphemous from looking through the Strong's definitions and it's a bit removed from Webster's. The worldly view expressed by common dictionaries is about religious offenses to people, while the biblical usage implies offense to God. The former refers to interpersonal relationships with mankind, the latter to our relationship with God, a subtle but significant difference.
My question should probably be "is blasphemy what offends us about the words and behavior of others, or is it about how we offend God?"
You don't have to answer that either, but I'm always interested in educated opinion on matters which aren't clearly defined as of a carnal perspective or a spiritual one based upon the language of the biblical text.
To answer your question, once again - I am offended by the LIES pf anti-Catholic posters.

It doesn't matter to me ONE bit if a person simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching because we can have a civil conversation about the issue.

However - an anti-Catholic is a person who ALWAYS resorts to lying about what we believe and teach - and THOSE are the ones I regularly expose here. If you have to LIE to make your point - then you're not very bright and NOT a very good example of one who claims to follow Christ . . ..

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer your question, once again - I am offended by the LIES pf anti-Catholic posters.

It doesn't matter to me ONE bit if a person simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching because we can have a civil conversation about the issue.

However - an anti-Catholic is a person who ALWAYS resorts to lying about what we believe and teach - and THOSE are the ones I regularly expose here. If you have to LIE to make your point - then you're not very bright and NOT a very good example of one who claims to follow Christ . . ..
Thanks for another response. Your answer wasn't to the question I asked about, but I understand self justification as well. That's something we all tend to do. I just wanted to know your opinion on the concept of blasphemy.
No worries, it's all covered by the blood of Jesus at the cross.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for another response. Your answer wasn't to the question I asked about, but I understand self justification as well. That's something we all tend to do. I just wanted to know your opinion on the concept of blasphemy.
No worries, it's all covered by the blood of Jesus at the cross.
If all you need is a definition of "Blasphemy" - then it's a gross disrespect or blatant irreverence for God and that which is holy.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean Eve was the ..... of Babylon the mother of the waters of all living? what does it mean to go a ....... after other gods?

Eve was deceived by false ministry, and she handed it over to Adam. Proselytes are two fold worse than their teachers. Mystery babylon is the mother of all harlot ministers, that lead others to go awhoring after other gods.

Depart from God's Word for our own is to depart from God the Word to be our own god: And ye shall be as gods.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your honesty. I think you are the first person on here to flat out tell me that they trust no other man, except themselves, to properly interpret Scripture. To be clear, that practice is opposite of what Scripture says, but I applaud you for your complete honesty.

The Bereans searched Scripture, what we now call the OT, to see if what Paul was telling them about Jesus meeting the requirements for being the the Messaiah was true. Jesus fit all the requirements from what Paul told them so they then became Christians. The Bereans didn’t read Scripture and come up with their own interpretations of it. They trusted the word of another man, which you are against, to become Christians.

Scripture says that some men will twist Scripture to their own destruction and to obey our leaders and submit to them for they are in charge of our soul. Scripture gives us the requirements for those leaders and speaks of how they are in charge of the flock. It also says we should be with one mind and one voice so that we may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. So your lone wolf theory about trusting you and only you to properly interpret Scripture and trusting yourself not to interpret Scritpure etc etc is all actually you twisting of Scripture to your own destruction.

Simple question for you Robert: How can we all speak with one mind and one voice (Romans 15:6) if all 2 billion Christians take the lone wolf approach like you have? Jesus prayer in John 17: 20-23 will never be answered if all Christians believed/practiced and swallowed up whole what your preaching here. You are promoting division, not unity, which is opposite of what Jesus prayed for. Scripture teaches opposite of what you teach. So continue to drink from the poisoned bottle of milk you have given yourself. Continue to twist Scripture to fit YOUR belief and blindly trust yourself to know what the truth is. In the end when you are asked who taught you such anti Scriptural things you will have to point at yourself and ask for grace.

Do you ever check what is preached to you by Scripture? Did you ever satisfy yourself that the teachings are true, and so not doubt them? How?

Since there are false teachers we are warned of, how do we know which is which?

Simple question for you Robert:

We don't have to agree on everything in order to love one another and be good neighbors.

Do you not love anyone that disagrees with you and your leaders on anything?

Paul and Barnabas had a sharp disagreement in ministry, without any Scripture to resolve it, so they freely parted company for a season. It didn't mean they stopped loving one another. Sometimes it is best to go to separate corners.

Scripture even makes occasion for temporary separation of spouses by mutual consent (1 Cor 7:5). Sometimes loving one another is by leaving them alone for a season.

Jesus had firm disagreement in doctrine with certain chiefs and scribes, and He told His disciples to let them alone, and let them go their own way. But they did not let Him alone, and rather had Him crucified. Who was loving who?

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

Hospitality does not depend on perfect agreement. When you are in my house, my rules are followed. When I ham in your house, your rules are followed.

Also, I attend a church, and so far have disagreed with nothing worth mentioning, and when I attended another church for several years, I had a firm disagreement on a certain thing or two, and no one ever knew, because no one ever asked.

I am not a rebel, nor a lone wolf, but a sheep that takes seriously the admonition to hear the true Shepherd's voice only according to the Scriptures.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a rebel, nor a lone wolf, but a sheep that takes seriously the admonition to hear the true Shepherd's voice only according to the Scriptures.
You and about 38,000 perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines - yet ALL claim to have been "led" to this confusion by the "True Shepherd".

WHY do you think that is??
Do you honestly believe that Jesus 'leads" all these factions to teach different doctrines?

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

WHICH ones does the True Shepherd agree with??

Reactions: Mungo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever check what is preached to you by Scripture? Did you ever satisfy yourself that the teachings are true, and so not doubt them? How?
Hey robert,

Yes, I have checked what is preached to me by Scripture AND I am satisfied and TRUST that The Church is teaching me the Truth. You trust yourself to teach yourself the Truth because you trust no man....except yourself. Have you forgotten what Scripture says: In all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures because no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

I could go on and give MULTIPLE passages from Scripture about how there are leaders of The Church and we are to obey them and they are responsible for our souls and how we are to go to The Church to settle our differences etc etc etc. I could go into the history of certain epistles and why they were written and the history of The Church but I know all of it would be a waste of time. You have decided that you know how to properly interpret Scripture and not twist it to your own destruction....so I digress.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple question for you Robert:

We don't have to agree on everything in order to love one another and be good neighbors.

Do you not love anyone that disagrees with you and your leaders on anything?

Paul and Barnabas had a sharp disagreement in ministry, without any Scripture to resolve it, so they freely parted company for a season. It didn't mean they stopped loving one another. Sometimes it is best to go to separate corners.

Scripture even makes occasion for temporary separation of spouses by mutual consent (1 Cor 7:5). Sometimes loving one another is by leaving them alone for a season.

Jesus had firm disagreement in doctrine with certain chiefs and scribes, and He told His disciples to let them alone, and let them go their own way. But they did not let Him alone, and rather had Him crucified. Who was loving who?

And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

Hospitality does not depend on perfect agreement. When you are in my house, my rules are followed. When I ham in your house, your rules are followed.

Also, I attend a church, and so far have disagreed with nothing worth mentioning, and when I attended another church for several years, I had a firm disagreement on a certain thing or two, and no one ever knew, because no one ever asked.

Hey robert,

We are not talking about a simple disagreement. We are talking about the proper interpretation of Scripture that affects our salvation. The lone wolf approach that you have taken was not allowed in NT times and it is not allowed today. But you skip over those passages because they don't fit what YOU believe.

The men of The Church who were guided by the Holy Spirit decided what was the Truth and how to properly interpret Scripture. NOT each individual Christian. If an individual Christian disagreed with The Church he was to be treated as a pagan or tax collector (Matthew 18:17). People of The Church adhere to ALL of Scripture including Hebrews 13:17. You don't. You throw out the passages that don't fit what you believe.

Scripture makes it clear what to do with rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers of the faith who don't adhere to Church teaching. "They must be silenced", because they are "teaching for sordid gain what it is not right to teach". But you ignore those passages because they don't fit what YOU believe. Scripture calls the lone wolf Christians like you ‘Cretans who are always liars, vicious brutes, lazy gluttons.’ Scripture tells me to sharply rebuke people like you so that you may become sound in the faith. I hope my sharp rebuke of you will help you become more sound in the faith.

Since you didn't answer the first time I ask you again Robert Derrick: How can we all speak with one mind and one voice (Romans 15:6) if all 2 billion Christians take the lone wolf approach like you have? How will we ever fulfill Jesus prayer if all 2 billion+ Christians in the world practice what you practice; the lone wolf approach of Scripture interpretation?

Patient Mary

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mystery Babylon is totally destroyed if memory serves - therefore if you claim Jerusalem is that city, then that’s exactly what you’re claiming.

Mystery Babylon will... be totally destroyed. How can you not see when God's Word uses a SYMBOL? Mystery Babylon for the end represents Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition, like in the time of Jeremiah the prophet. When Lord Jesus returns, that fallen condition for Jerusalem will be ended, and like Revelation 11:15 shows, all the kingdoms of this world then become those of The Father and His Christ.

Moreover, the beast that goes into the "lake of fire" in Revelation 19:20 represents that Mystery Babylon perishing at Christ's coming. What specifically made up that 'beast' we were told? It had ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns, which points to Satan's kingdom for the end, which Revelation 11 shows will be at Jerusalem.

So it's not geographic Jerusalem that will be totally destroyed. It will be the harlot system over it that Satan sets up for the end, just prior to Christ's return.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mystery Babylon will... be totally destroyed. How can you not see when God's Word uses a SYMBOL? Mystery Babylon for the end represents Jerusalem in a fallen worship condition, like in the time of Jeremiah the prophet. When Lord Jesus returns, that fallen condition for Jerusalem will be ended, and like Revelation 11:15 shows, all the kingdoms of this world then become those of The Father and His Christ.

Moreover, the beast that goes into the "lake of fire" in Revelation 19:20 represents that Mystery Babylon perishing at Christ's coming. What specifically made up that 'beast' we were told? It had ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns, which points to Satan's kingdom for the end, which Revelation 11 shows will be at Jerusalem.

So it's not geographic Jerusalem that will be totally destroyed. It will be the harlot system over it that Satan sets up for the end, just prior to Christ's return.

Because it’s called a city.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

The Levitical High Priest & Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes, The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Jerusalem Is (The Great City) Where Jesus Christ Was Crucified

Revelation 11:8KJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what? In Ezekiel 16, God referred to Jerusalem as a harlot committing whoredoms. Did He literally mean the city of Jerusalem is a "harlot" per your view? Learn when God's Word is using symbolic speech to get a point across, instead of trying be a legalist lawyer in God's Word.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

The Levitical High Priest & Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes, The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Because the last verse of Revelation 17 tells us the symbolic "woman" of that Chapter is a "great city", the royalty idea is more about her rule over the ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns which Rev.17 associates her with. It's about Jerusalem in a fallen worship state when the pseudo-Christ gets here and proclaims himself as God (2 Thessalonians 2).

Since Revelation 17 also tells us the "seven heads" are "seven mountains", I don't see that as being about seven hills around Jerusalem, which is actually a misleading tidbit originally from those who apply that to Rome. The "seven mountains" idea fits better as being about continents, because the harlot is to rule over the kings of the world, meaning all nations. The plan is... a one-world beast kingdom over all nations.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the last verse of Revelation 17 tells us the symbolic "woman" of that Chapter is a "great city", the royalty idea is more about her rule over the ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns which Rev.17 associates her with. It's about Jerusalem in a fallen worship state when the pseudo-Christ gets here and proclaims himself as God (2 Thessalonians 2).

Since Revelation 17 also tells us the "seven heads" are "seven mountains", I don't see that as being about seven hills around Jerusalem, which is actually a misleading tidbit originally from those who apply that to Rome. The "seven mountains" idea fits better as being about continents, because the harlot is to rule over the kings of the world, meaning all nations. The plan is... a one-world beast kingdom over all nations.
Jerusalem is the great city

Reactions: Davy

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and about 38,000 perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines - yet ALL claim to have been "led" to this confusion by the "True Shepherd".

WHY do you think that is??
Do you honestly believe that Jesus 'leads" all these factions to teach different doctrines?

Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on . . .

WHICH ones does the True Shepherd agree with??
You have your 'Sacred' religion to trust in, and I only have Jesus to believe.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey robert,

We are not talking about a simple disagreement. We are talking about the proper interpretation of Scripture that affects our salvation. The lone wolf approach that you have taken was not allowed in NT times and it is not allowed today. But you skip over those passages because they don't fit what YOU believe.

The men of The Church who were guided by the Holy Spirit decided what was the Truth and how to properly interpret Scripture. NOT each individual Christian. If an individual Christian disagreed with The Church he was to be treated as a pagan or tax collector (Matthew 18:17). People of The Church adhere to ALL of Scripture including Hebrews 13:17. You don't. You throw out the passages that don't fit what you believe.

Scripture makes it clear what to do with rebellious people, idle talkers and deceivers of the faith who don't adhere to Church teaching. "They must be silenced", because they are "teaching for sordid gain what it is not right to teach". But you ignore those passages because they don't fit what YOU believe. Scripture calls the lone wolf Christians like you ‘Cretans who are always liars, vicious brutes, lazy gluttons.’ Scripture tells me to sharply rebuke people like you so that you may become sound in the faith. I hope my sharp rebuke of you will help you become more sound in the faith.

Since you didn't answer the first time I ask you again Robert Derrick: How can we all speak with one mind and one voice (Romans 15:6) if all 2 billion Christians take the lone wolf approach like you have? How will we ever fulfill Jesus prayer if all 2 billion+ Christians in the world practice what you practice; the lone wolf approach of Scripture interpretation?

Patient Mary
You trust in men, I only trust God and His Word.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

You can call them 'Sacred' and princely if you like. Have at it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem Is (The Great City) Where Jesus Christ Was Crucified

Revelation 11:8KJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
That certainly links Jerusalem on earth and Mystery Babylon the Great, which is not a physical city, but rather a mystery and wonder (Rev 17:6), as is the woman and dragon of Rev 12.

She is the ministry and mother of all harlot religions and doctrines that claim the name of the Lord God of Scripture, whether Jewish or Christian, and Jerusalem below is in bondage to her whoredoms (Gal 4), and so is called spiritually Sodom and Egypt. (Rev 11)

She sits in opposition to the heavenly and holy Jerusalem above, which is the ministry of Christ and the mother of all His saints (Gal 4), which is also called the great city. (Rev 21)

Even as the ministry of Christ reveals the mystery of God kept secret from the foundation of the world (Rom 16:25), so Mystery Babylon perverts that mystery as an adulteress does a marriage.

Reprobate Israel was called a mother that played the harlot and was no more wife for the God of Israel. (Hosea 2:2-5)

New Jerusalem is the new bride of Christ, when Israel is betrothed again with God forever (Hosea 2:18-19), after the whole ministry of Mystery Babylon falls and is cast into the sea, and the dragon is shut up for a thousand years.

Revelation is the uncovering of the mystery of false ministry, which is the mystery of iniquity working even now (2 Thess 2:7) by antichrists leading the sheep astray: false christs, apostles, and teachers.

The warfare of such beasts with the saints is ministerial (Rev 13), having spiritual wickedness in high places, and the weapons of that warfare are not carnal (2 Cor 10:4):

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

How do we not fall and be overcome of the beast, upon whom the woman sits?

By standing in the faith of Jesus and in defence of the gospel preached according to the Scriptures, even as the two witnesses in Jerusalem on earth.

Good ministry of Scripture is not overcome of evil doctrine, but rather overcomes it in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beast that rises from the sea in Rev 13 is the scarlet colored beast in Rev 17, that ascends from the bottomless pit:

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy... and all the world wondered after the beast.

And I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns...The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder.

The bottomless pit is beneath the bottom of the sea; therefore, to ascend from it is to rise up through the sea, out of which the first beast rose.

I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:...And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

The waters therefore, that the beast rises up through and out of, are many people:

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. (Acts 20)

The beast is a false minister and christ, and the dragon gives him his authority to preach the false doctrine of another gospel in the name of Christ.

The great whore is the ministerial mother of all such beasts, who fornicate themselves for filthy lucre, power and lordship over the flock of God.

Wolves in sheep's clothing are proselytizing beasts, making themselves heads over members of the body of Christ. There be many such false heads, but only one true Head and Saviour Jesus Christ.

If we hold to our Head Jesus only, then we won't find ourselves locking horns with a beast in ministerial garb.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have your 'Sacred' religion to trust in, and I only have Jesus to believe.
Actually - I have Christ's Church - which is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) and which Her compares His very SELF to (Acts 9:4-5).

And since your Lone Ranger position is that it's only "you and Jesus" - what do you tell the hundreds of millions of fellow Protestant who teach different doctrines than YOU based on their tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects?

They ALSO claim to "just believe in Jesus" - sooooooo, WHO is right and WHO is wrong??
ALSO
- where does the Bible teach your "Lone Ranger" version of Christianity?

I'll wait right here for your answers . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog