Nabeel Qureshi dies of cancer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May those who are affected by his demise accept and acknowledge the peace that God offers.

Reactions: tabletalk

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So, why did God take him?

Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
In light of this a better question is why does God wait to take the rest of us?

There are some possibilities I can imagine:
1. We are not ready, more to learn about him first.
2. He has pity on those who are lost and gives them more time to enjoy this world.
3. There is more he wants us to do to advance his purposes directly or indirectly.

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 17, 2017
Craiova
Faith
Christian
Country
Romania
In light of this a better question is why does God wait to take the rest of us?
Really? How is that a better question? Why does He even give us life in the first place if He doesn't want us here on this planet? How is it fair that His people in the old days lived over 100 (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.), while nowadays He takes away people who put their faith in Him and pray for healing up to the very moment of death while leaving behind their distraught wife and small daughter?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? How is that a better question? Why does He even give us life in the first place if He doesn't want us here on this planet? How is it fair that His people in the old days lived over 100 (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.), while nowadays He takes away people who put their faith in Him and pray for healing up to the very moment of death while leaving behind their distraught wife and small daughter?

Our days are in His hands. Some believers die young. Some die in old age. We cannot pretend to know the 'why' of when God takes us. It is not a question of 'fair' or 'equality'. Jesus didn't live to be old either.

Stranger

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

One of God's purposes for us is to fill the earth; To create more sons and daughters for himself.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

I was asked a similar sort of question - which I found I could not answer and just as well because then the answer came to me viz how would Jesus have answered that I had not noticed - mostly His answers where not to the question asked but to the questioner - like let the dead bury the dead but make sure you do not finish up in hell - twinc

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya see, your desire seems to be for living on this Earth. Most of us anticipate life with Him.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Why does He even give us life in the first place if He doesn't want us here on this planet? How is it fair that His people in the old days lived over 100 (Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc.), while nowadays He takes away people who put their faith in Him and pray for healing up to the very moment of death while leaving behind their distraught wife and small daughter?

I followed Nabeel on youtube since he started his channel and I prayed to God for him to live longer on this earth so he can write more books and see his daughter grow up. He was so young, suffered so much and never gave up hope for a complete healing. When he died, I cried, many did. He never lost sight of eternal life.

The promise of the New Covenant is eternal life and we won't die a spiritual death and some may disagree and say we can die a spiritual death as believers and that's a real shame. The promise in the Old Covenant was not eternal life and that's why they could live to be hundreds of years old.

Before the Law, Exodus 15:26, He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”

After the Law, Exodus 23:25-26, Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

Bitten by a snake in the wilderness? God will heal you. There's a drought? God will multiply your bread and water. God wouldn't let you get sick if you did your part. The Old Covenant God was you do good, you get good.

Old Testament? Healing. Signs, wonders, miracles. New Testament? Immortality. Eternal life.

1 John 1:1-2, That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

To know that you will live forever will take away the stress of living this life on earth in our decaying mortal bodies. We have the immortality of our Father and we got the best of whatever we're going to get. If we seek after signs, wonders and miracles (guilty!) you go under an Old Covenant mentality. Our healing is in Jesus, everything is in Jesus, you are eternal. You don't know God is with you because He does something for you, you know God is with you even if nothing happens to you, you still have that chronic pesky illness that sticks to you like glue or you're still going to die, your body is ravaged by cancer. Our faith isn't based on what we see or get because we are to know God loves you and is always with you even without the signs, wonders and miracles. We should know God's love for you comes through what Jesus has done for you and not what you can do for God.

The promise is eternal life.

1 Timothy 6:11-12, But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Take hold of eternal life, don't let go and have the good confession of agreeing with the good things God says about you. The more Good News we feed on, the immortality side will shine.

2 Timothy 1:9-10, He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Reactions: tabletalk