Name that Tone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You remember the game show Name that tune?
A clue would be given and 2 opponents would have to challenge
how many notes it would take to name that tune.
I can name it in 3 notes.
I can name it in 2..
Name that tune.
Do you read the Bible with a tone?
How does a certain verse sound to you
when you read it?
Happy, angry, sad, jesting, mournful.
Everybody hears things differently.
Maybe we hear the same.

What about each other?
I'm trying to hear the tone in the posts and sometimes
it's really hard to distinguish, seriousness from sarcasm.
Sadness from indifference.

Is there a way through posting to,
Name That Tone?

HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only two words here [tones?]

"Jesus wept." John11:35

Without using computer sources or paper Bibles or any other written or spoken references who can say why Jesus wept? Is there more than one correct answer?

Reactions: DNB and Ziggy

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can name it in 2..
Name that tune.
when you read it?
Maybe we hear the same.

What about each other?

Name That Tone?

HUGS

Perceiving with a New Heart allows one to see, and understand.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so many,
But how I hear it.
God wants us to love him, no strings attached.
He loved Lazarus and he was sleeping.. waitng peacefully.
But he had to "prove" that he had the power and who he was
in order for others to believe.

And so,
Jesus wept.

HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of those there spoke of his love for that man Lazarus who had died and this was so, but Jesus loved many more than Lazarus alone. He loved everyone, but while many had listened to the words of Jesus, from among them only few would come closer and really embrace God. As it reads in another place, "many are called, but few are chosen". Also fewer still it seems would be called and chosen and faithful... and so Jesus, understanding this, wept. Do tears come to our eyes when we realize how many around us that we know and love will not hear Jesus say, "come unto me"? He wept and He was the Light. He went out of the world, but we are still "in the world", and we are now [or should be] the Light. Where are our tears? Why are we not weeping as Jesus wept?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so many,
But how I hear it.
God wants us to love him, no strings attached.
He loved Lazarus and he was sleeping.. waitng peacefully.
But he had to "prove" that he had the power and who he was
in order for others to believe.

And so,
Jesus wept.

HUGS
We share this with Lazarus. "Lazarus come forth." For those that are truly born from above have been called forth from death, unto life.

Reactions: Ziggy and amadeus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of those there spoke of his love for that man Lazarus who had died and this was so, but Jesus loved many more than Lazarus alone. He loved everyone, but while many had listened to the words of Jesus, from among them only few would come closer and really embrace God. As it reads in another place, "many are called, but few are chosen". Also fewer still it seems would be called and chosen and faithful... and so Jesus, understanding this, wept. Do tears come to our eyes when we realize how many around us that we know and love will not hear Jesus say, "come unto me"? He wept and He was the Light. He went out of the world, but we are still "in the world", and we are now [or should be] the Light. Where are our tears? Why are we not weeping as Jesus wept?
I have those tears amadeus. and they are not mine alone. Every day my heart aches with what is happening all around us. And I know that they do not understand the message that is being spoken right know.Even in here they do not understand it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have those tears amadeus. and they are not mine alone. Every day my heart aches with what is happening all around us. And I know that they do not understand the message that is being spoken right know.Even in here they do not understand it.
Unfortunately too many it appears to me are more concerned with winning a doctrinal debate than in sharing and learning what God may offer to each of us through others here. Having been too often in the same place to be pointing my fingers at individuals. We really cannot usually make ourselves cry for others.

I remember when my father died and when my mother died, the tears simply flowed freely from my eyes. What I had was a love for them and they were gone from me. Not many others who have affected me so spontaneously. What that means to me is that I am not as much like Jesus as I could or should be. Help me and all of us dear Lord!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are our tears? Why are we not weeping as Jesus wept?

Shoe leather.
Tough as nails.
Desensitized.

No one really looks that deep. It hurts.
Tears are a sign of weakness, a sign of vulnerability.

Careless.
Indifference.
Anger.

So many reasons why not to feel. To hide.

Sympathy, Compassion, Empathy.

You have to show yourself.
You have to break through that stone heart and feel the flesh bleed.

It hurts.
And not many are willing to feel pain.

Suffering, agony, helpless.

What can I do about it??!!

Feel it. own it. comfort it. and forgive.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately too many it appears to me are more concerned with winning a doctrinal debate than in sharing and learning what God may offer to each of us through others here. Having been too often in the same place to be pointing my fingers at individuals. We really cannot usually make ourselves cry for others.

I remember when my father died and when my mother died, the tears simply flowed freely from my eyes. What I had was a love for them and they were gone from me. Not many others who have affected me so spontaneously. What that means to me is that I am not as much like Jesus as I could or should be. Help me and all of us dear Lord!
I am sorry perhaps I should have been clearer. I weep because of what is happening in the world, I weep because of what is happening in this country knowing since the beginning that it was coming. How bad must it become before people understand it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Where are our tears? Why are we not weeping as Jesus wept?

Shoe leather.
Tough as nails.
Desensitized.

No one really looks that deep. It hurts.
Tears are a sign of weakness, a sign of vulnerability.

Careless.
Indifference.
Anger.

So many reasons why not to feel. To hide.

Sympathy, Compassion, Empathy.

You have to show yourself.
You have to break through that stone heart and feel the flesh bleed.

It hurts.
And not many are willing to feel pain.

Suffering, agony, helpless.

What can I do about it??!!

Feel it. own it. comfort it. and forgive.
@Ziggy Reading Isaiah 53 is a good antidote to hard-heartedness...

Reactions: charity and Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Ziggy PS:

I also like the following lines:

"Weak is the effort of my heart,
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art
I'll praise Thee as I ought."

From: 'How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds', by John Newton (1725-1807).

Reactions: charity and Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry perhaps I should have been clearer. I weep because of what is happening in the world, I weep because of what is happening in this country knowing since the beginning that it was coming. How bad must it become before people understand it.
Unfortunately people as a whole and as individuals have not changed. Remember how many "miracles" kept the natural children of Jacob alive in the wilderness. Food, water, clothing lasting for 40 years. In spite of what they saw, what they experienced, only Joshua and Caleb were allowed to enter the Promised Land.

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it." Numbers 14:22-24

Has God provided a better means and opportunity to us via Jesus and the Holy Spirit than He did to them? Consider what Jesus said here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

If we have been given more than them, then God will definitely require more of us than He did of them. Do we also like Caleb have another Spirit with us? If we do but when we regularly and often continuously quench the Holy Spirit in us, the very means which would/could make it possible for us to enter in with God is stopped. He is limited as He was limited then.

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

While each person has time he has hope. Does everyone now know how much time remains to him?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We share this with Lazarus. "Lazarus come forth." For those that are truly born from above have been called forth from death, unto life.
'The hour is coming when all who are in the graves shall hear his voice....' John 5:28.
Why will he wake those who will die, they are already dead?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The hour is coming when all who are in the graves shall hear his voice....' John 5:28.
I hear this verse as if Jesus is speaking about hmm.. dead men walking.
They are dead, they are worldly, no life in them, they walk with their eyes and ears closed as if they are dead.
They can't feel compassion, empathy, love. They are cold and lifeless.

The graves are the bodies they walk around in. ashes to ashes dust to dust.
Unwilling to lend a helping hand, take care of others.. their hands are crossed against their own chest, never reaching out,
never touching, never knowing.. dead in their graves.

But there is a time coming when all those zombies walking around the earh are going to get a wake up call.

Kind of like John crying in the wilderness. The wilderness is the earth, it is wild and untamed.
REPENT! For the Kingdom of God is at Hand.
And many heard and awoke from their graves and wondered on down to the river Jordan and got all wet.

And that was the beginning of their new life. Their new adventure. Their WAKE UP call.

There is another coming.. and the Trumpet is preparing to sound.
And those of us who are awake, will not prevent those being called to wake up.
No one can stop what is coming,
Some call it the GREAT AWAKENING!

oh my...
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately people as a whole and as individuals have not changed. Remember how many "miracles" kept the natural children of Jacob alive in the wilderness. Food, water, clothing lasting for 40 years. In spite of what they saw, what they experienced, only Joshua and Caleb were allowed to enter the Promised Land.

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it." Numbers 14:22-24

Has God provided a better means and opportunity to us via Jesus and the Holy Spirit than He did to them? Consider what Jesus said here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

If we have been given more than them, then God will definitely require more of us than He did of them. Do we also like Caleb have another Spirit with us? If we do but when we regularly and often continuously quench the Holy Spirit in us, the very means which would/could make it possible for us to enter in with God is stopped. He is limited as He was limited then.

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

While each person has time he has hope. Does everyone now know how much time remains to him?
I thank you for your time and response. My tears, which are not mine alone, are for the sons and daughters of disobedience." and yet they would not" He loves them as well. "While each person has time he has hope." This is true. But what hurts is knowing that time is running out. I know that this will not be received as being true, so I say, as been said before, "Watch". Perhaps Isiah 28 might bring you some insight. Have a Blessed day!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"in the same way" You who were dead in your trespasses He made alive. From death unto life, life eternal.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can name it in 2..
Name that tune.
when you read it?
Maybe we hear the same.

What about each other?

Name That Tone?

HUGS

In the movie "The Gospel of Matthew", Bruce Marchiano plays a different Jesus than I see in other movies. He's joyful, playful, loving.

The movie follows the Gospel word for word. In chapter 23, where Jesus is denouncing the Pharisees, there's the part, "How will you escape from the the fires of hell?" I've seen this portrayed before as Jesus shouts out in anger, but in this movie, Jesus is passionately pleading with them, asking them to consider, how will they do it? How will they escape?

Love hopes all things, believes all things, keeps no record of wrong.

I find that when I read someone's post, what I'm looking to see has a big effect on what I do see. If we choose to see good, and respond to the good with good, we fulfill the law of love.

Much love!

PS . . . love those hugs!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only two words here [tones?]

"Jesus wept." John11:35

Without using computer sources or paper Bibles or any other written or spoken references who can say why Jesus wept? Is there more than one correct answer?
I don't know how many answers are correct, but I think that we can only understand these two words through understanding the heart of God.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can name it in 2..
Name that tune.
when you read it?
Maybe we hear the same.

What about each other?

Name That Tone?

HUGS

Matthew 17:15-17 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. [16] And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. [17] Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

Tone?

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy