Need prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is a problem. My lawyer advised me to see their doctor. Their doctor said I wasn't disabled from my ability to think properly. But that's not my disability, it is the dizzy hallucinating episodes that I have that cause me to have to sleep. So now I have a doctor of theirs saying I'm not disabled while the doctor that I see normally says that I am disabled.

I called my lawyer to discuss and he will get back to me. But now it is a closed case and I have no way to survive without family help.

Recently the spirit told me "I'm not happy with the way you are being treated". And I understand that I think.

Anyways, the system here is terrible and all the mentally ill are on the streets. And maybe that's how I will end up?
CLING TO THE LORD my friend . THE LORD is with the lambs . You will be prayed for as well my friend .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late news: My lawyer indicated that the state appointed doctor in my case was supportive of me being disabled. So it's unclear why they didn't grant me disability already. We go to hearing in a few months with a judge. Things still look positive. I'm unsure how they will rule, but I have both doctors saying I'm disabled to work a normal job. So looks better.

I really can't support myself and need this determination to be good.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late news: My lawyer indicated that the state appointed doctor in my case was supportive of me being disabled. So it's unclear why they didn't grant me disability already. We go to hearing in a few months with a judge. Things still look positive. I'm unsure how they will rule, but I have both doctors saying I'm disabled to work a normal job. So looks better.

I really can't support myself and need this determination to be good.
If your disability claim is for Social Security, medical doctors do not make the final decision as to whether a person qualifies or not. There are other requirements which must be met in addition to the medical one and doctors are not qualified to make decisions on those other points of eligibility. For SSAD, a person must be fully insured at the time the person initially filed for benefits. For SSID, a person must meet specific income and resource requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your disability claim is for Social Security, medical doctors do not make the final decision as to whether a person qualifies or not. There are other requirements which must be met in addition to the medical one and doctors are not qualified to make decisions on those other points of eligibility. For SSAD, a person must be fully insured at the time the person initially filed for benefits. For SSID, a person must meet specific income and resource requirements. point [taxes paid
There are two types of disabilities here. One for workers insurance and the other for people that don't fall into that category. I had both when I filed but was originally denied. I have a new disabling condition so there still is hope for my case. But it will fall under the latter now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two types of disabilities here. One for workers insurance and the other for people that don't fall into that category. I had both when I filed but was originally denied. I have a new disabling condition so there still is hope for my case. But it will fall under the latter now.
Yes, I am aware of the two. I worked for Social Security until my retirement in the year 2000. Much has changed, but not the basics.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am aware of the two. I worked for Social Security until my retirement in the year 2000. Much has changed, but not the basics.
My counsellor has told me about a social worker she knows that works for the state here. She said that for a certain person that filed three times and was denied twice, the last time she was approved, but the worker didn't change her report.

People here just get denied especially if your mentally ill and it's not obviously severe. We have so many people walking the streets homeless here that are mentally ill begging for money. I just hope I won't become one of them again. But if I'm denied that may happen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My counsellor has told me about a social worker she knows that works for the state here. She said that for a certain person that filed three times and was denied twice, the last time she was approved, but the worker didn't change her report.

People here just get denied especially if your mentally ill and it's not obviously severe. We have so many people walking the streets homeless here that are mentally ill begging for money. I just hope I won't become one of them again. But if I'm denied that may happen.
I am praying for you my friend. Many years ago while I was still working, my wife became disabled and she filed for disability. Because of my job, I was not allowed to help much... but finally after many many months it finally came through with a favorable decision by the Administative Law Judge. The whole thing is not simple and is very time consuming and of course especially difficult for people who really are disabled and in great need.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for you my friend. Many years ago while I was still working, my wife became disabled and she filed for disability. Because of my job, I was not allowed to help much... but finally after many many months it finally came through with a favorable decision by the Administative Law Judge. The whole thing is not simple and is very time consuming and of course especially difficult for people who really are disabled and in great need.
Thanks amadeus. I definitely need prayers.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy