Need some help on this verse...binding things on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, i like it for the most part, although our defs of "Church" might not be aligned
So, you agree preachers, teachers and commentaries, which are basically by teachers and preachers, as much as they are able o speak for God, can be very helpful? After all, these offices are sanctioned by the Lord, no need to be so negative about them. There are several definitions for church but I suppose you are referring to the one that all the faithful belong to from beginning to end, as innumerable as the stars in the heavens, the one promised to Abraham?

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all clever/foolish stuff does not answer who the thou is - is it thee or me - twinc
It is we twinc but should not be entered into without the most caution, wisdom, understanding and love God has made available to us.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
It is we twinc but should not be entered into without the most caution, wisdom, understanding and love God has made available to us.

so when Jesus said thou He addressed you and me directly according to you but not according to the bible - so guess who and what we must believe or accept - twinc

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so when Jesus said thou He addressed you and me directly according to you but not according to the bible - so guess who and what we must believe or accept - twinc
I suppose whatever we think is right, unless He shows us something different.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what if He does but it is we who are blind or blinded - twinc
Then it is just one more of the many things we are blind about. If you are interested go back and read post #105 slowly and carefully and get back with me.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So, you agree preachers, teachers and commentaries, which are basically by teachers and preachers, as much as they are able o speak for God, can be very helpful? After all, these offices are sanctioned by the Lord, no need to be so negative about them.
I know that as soon as i leave the wolves will come in, not sparing the flock

i certainly agree that Proclaimers, Shepherds, and seemingly innocuous Comments, especially by little kids, who are basically our teachers and proclaimers, and can't help but speak for God, can be very helpful, yes. Unfortunately i witness that even most Christians ask little kids what they might do in a certain situation only for a little joke; the kid's advice is usually not followed, right.

a corollary here, for ppl who suffer from anxiety attacks is, just follow your dog. i guess it's coming out now, ppl even getting trained service animals for this, but really any dog that is loved works fine. This also dbls as a good joke, see?

So, to answer your question straight, yes, they can be helpful, they are servants, and satan is also a servant. A "preacher" is just a believer in some state or other, hopefully growing just like any other believer. They generally are not perceived that way i guess, but then congregations expect way too much from their pastors anyway, so i do not mean to like blame preachers per se, it is a symbiotic relationship. Those same preachers of mine, that i had yesterday for instance, have almost surely changed their minds since then themselves, might even admit now that they do not know what they were so sure of then.

so i'd like to think i am poking more at that aspect than at an individual preacher or teacher or commentary, at least until we get down to cases like Gill, and even then i don't mean to condemn him, so much as point out that he just seems a little too sure a little too often, and i question the concepts where he is the most sure.

getting a little hearing imo is the most helpful thing, and then whoever one might be listening to can then be heard.
After all, these offices are sanctioned by the Lord
as is "king," yes

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I suppose whatever we think is right, unless He shows us something different.
imo this would be a prayer in God's will, to get clarification there. But as i don't see how it could be anyone other than us, which is what i read there, i guess the answer would be personal too

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that as soon as i leave the wolves will come in, not sparing the flock

i certainly agree that Proclaimers, Shepherds, and seemingly innocuous Comments, especially by little kids, who are basically our teachers and proclaimers, and can't help but speak for God, can be very helpful, yes. Unfortunately i witness that even most Christians ask little kids what they might do in a certain situation only for a little joke; the kid's advice is usually not followed, right.

a corollary here, for ppl who suffer from anxiety attacks is, just follow your dog. i guess it's coming out now, ppl even getting trained service animals for this, but really any dog that is loved works fine. This also dbls as a good joke, see?

So, to answer your question straight, yes, they can be helpful, they are servants, and satan is also a servant. A "preacher" is just a believer in some state or other, hopefully growing just like any other believer. They generally are not perceived that way i guess, but then congregations expect way too much from their pastors anyway, so i do not mean to like blame preachers per se, it is a symbiotic relationship. Those same preachers of mine, that i had yesterday for instance, have almost surely changed their minds since then themselves, might even admit now that they do not know what they were so sure of then.

so i'd like to think i am poking more at that aspect than at an individual preacher or teacher or commentary, at least until we get down to cases like Gill, and even then i don't mean to condemn him, so much as point out that he just seems a little too sure a little too often, and i question the concepts where he is the most sure.

getting a little hearing imo is the most helpful thing, and then whoever one might be listening to can then be heard.

as is "king," yes
You still seem in a rambling way trying to dis. preachers and teachers which are God appointed tools of learning if we have discernment. Some do a better job than others obviously but the way you oti and others put them down shows a lack of knowledge to me.

PS:Your comment about satan being a servant is completely foreign to me. I would be pleasantly surprised if you knew who satan is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You still seem in a rambling way trying to dis. preachers and teachers which are God appointed tools of learning if we have discernment. Some do a better job than others obviously but the way you oti and others put them down shows a lack of knowledge to me.
well i would like to be the first to admit then that this is meant by me at least by way of self examination, and even the poorly defined term "preacher" does serve God, yes. But it also cannot be denied that he is in business, he has signed a contract with the gov, he is a seller, and he has buyers for his product. Was every Pharisee evil? No. Is there a single Pharisee that we could accuse of not serving God? Also no. Even the one praying the Pharisees' Prayer, right. Now of course that Pharisee will be embarrassed to learn how he was serving, but all are deceived, me too, and i do not mean to give clergy less than their due. Yes, they serve God too, and we are called to forgive. But we are also called to judge ourselves, which imo speaking generally about a concept like this manifests.

is every ordained pastor evil, of course not, we are all evil, and he is just one of us

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
PS:Your comment about satan being a servant is completely foreign to me.
no doubt, ya, i understand there. i'd have to reflect a bit before i could answer this best--or i mean reply, i don't have any answers lol. We might see what Google has to witness about that in the meantime i guess;
is satan a servant of God - Google Search

i shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
when after all
it was you and me

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Then it is just one more of the many things we are blind about. If you are interested go back and read post #105 slowly and carefully and get back with me.

yea so what- what now - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I would be pleasantly surprised if you knew who satan is.

If you don't mind me asking:
Just who exactly is satan? People throw the word around regularly without explanations. Who is he [if that is the correct pronoun] and where did he come from?

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no doubt, ya, i understand there. i'd have to reflect a bit before i could answer this best--or i mean reply, i don't have any answers lol. We might see what Google has to witness about that in the meantime i guess;
is satan a servant of God - Google Search

i shouted out
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
when after all
it was you and me
The question I asked is, who is satan? Then we can get to, is he a servant of God.

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't mind me asking:
Just who exactly is satan? People throw the word around regularly without explanations. Who is he [if that is the correct pronoun] and where did he come from?
Let us see where the conversation goes with 009 first.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Let us see where the conversation goes with 009 first.

the Muslims[Islam] provide a very good explanation in the very word itself as Saytharn = trouble maker/mischief maker - twinc

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Muslims[Islam] provide a very good explanation in the very word itself as Saytharn = trouble maker/mischief maker - twinc
The word actually means adversary, tempter, deciever, so yes he is a trouble/mischief maker.Who have you ever known in your life who could be all these things to you besides your self or some other person? Your or someone elses fleshly nature, right? Satan is our fleshly nature.

Last edited: