Netanyahu: Will Be Israel Prime Minister

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Netanyahu will Lead Israel as new Prime Minister After the failure of his last-ditch effort to muster Kadima leader Tzipi Livni's support for a unity government on Friday, President Shimon Peres formally entrusted Likud chairman Binyamin Netanyahu with the task of building a coalition. President Peres tasks Netanyahu with building new gov't Netanyahu arrived at Beit Hanassi on Friday afternoon and received the president's official letter of appointment. Earlier, after emerging from a meeting with Peres, Livni announced that she had no intention of joining a broad coalition under Netanyahu, despite the Likud chairman's assertion that he was willing to "go to great lengths" in order to induce Kadima to join his government. "For decades we have not withstood so many challenges at the same time. To face up to these challenges we need to join hands and unite all the forces within the people. I call on all parties, those who recommended me and those who didn't. I turn to [Kadima leader Tzipi] Livni and to [Labor leader Ehud] Barak - let us join hands and pledge for the future of Israel. I hope to meet with you first and discuss a wide unity government."

shutin45

Feb 18, 2009
Didn't Netanyahu voice opposition to the dividing of Jerusalem during his recent campaign?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
So I take that is a good thing. I hated the thought of dividing Jerusalem.
smile.gif

shutin45

Feb 18, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Feb 20 2009, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69549
So I take that is a good thing. I hated the thought of dividing Jerusalem.
smile.gif

I think it's a good and bad thing. If my interpretation of Luke 21:20 and 24 is correct, what happens to Jerusalem is a key (along with the other signs) to where we are in the Last Days. It's a good thing for the sinners who've not yet been reached, and maybe for Christians who have growing to do or business for the Lord they've yet to accomplish, but it possibly means (If Netanyahu keeps Jerusalem completely Jewish) longer before our Savior comes back. We've made such a mess of things here, and all the pain and suffering so many are going through - probably because we ARE in the "beginnings of sorrows" or "days of vengeance" - make me long for the day it's all over, and (after Armageddon - before then the antichrist will be there - not to worry: Matthew 24:24 - "IF it were possible [so it's NOT] they shall deceive the very elect") our beloved Lord Jesus Christ takes His place on His throne in Jerusalem. What a day, wonderful day, that will be!