1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Never Understimate the Power of the Word that you plant in others life...

Discussion in 'Testimonial Forum' started by Heart2Soul, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Spiritual Warrior Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes. Very wise words..thank you.

2. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @Heart2Soul
    Thanks for sharing.

That is my regular similar experience with complete strangers.
    Any kind of shopping is typically a dread for me. Always take a list so I can buzz through the store...but almost without fail end up in a 30 minute or so conversation about the Lord. It’s not a pushy thing but more of a lead in and allow them to engage or walk away.
    Over the years it has fascinated me, because the particular Place never mattered. Boating, Stores, Bars, Parties, Pumping fuel.
    Truly, the Place does not matter, God is everywhere.

Even the kids friends dropping in and saying go ask your folks if they will “Bible talk” with us. (And BTW, kids are hungry for the Word. Not particularly interested in being Talked AT, but Talked WITH.)

Have to agree, you never know how a simple greeting, a smile, notice and speak to complete strangers can make a favorable lasting impression.

Anyway, thanks again. God Bless you.

Glory to God,
    Taken

Heart2Soul likes this.
  3. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You're welcome, and thanks for sharing your experiences...you are absolutely right about kids hungry for the Word....just yesterday I was driving down a street and there was a ministry that set up to meet people's needs...food, clothing, and literature...and they were grilling burgers and feeding people, praying with them and helping find a church home.
    The group was from Pennsylvania....ages ranged 15-35. And those teenagers were so beautiful in spirit and sharing the love of Jesus.
    And they did this in 108 degree temperature...but not one of them were complaining.
    I love it!

L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d and Taken like this.
  4. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You're welcome, and thanks for sharing your experiences...you are absolutely right about kids hungry for the Word....just yesterday I was driving down a street and there was a ministry that set up to meet people's needs...food, clothing, and literature...and they were grilling burgers and feeding people, praying with them and helping find a church home.
    The group was from Pennsylvania....ages ranged 15-35. And those teenagers were so beautiful in spirit and sharing the love of Jesus.
    And they did this in 108 degree temperature...but not one of them were complaining.
    I love it!

5. amigo de christo

amigo de christo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

never underestimate a dangerous govt . Welcome to the new Amerika .

Marvelloustime likes this.
  6. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hey brother...I understand that the world is becoming more evil and we are seeing prophesy being fulfilled right before our eyes...however.....
    This is the testimonial forum.
    It's the one place on this site that people can come and here testimonies of what God is doing in their lives. These testimonies bring hope to them and brings Glory to God.
    This forum is the one place that the world has no place. It's all about Him.
    Hallelujah and Amen.
    So please posts all other topics in other forums.
    Thanks so much
    God Bless

amigo de christo likes this.
  7. amigo de christo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    HOPE and TRUST IN GOD ALONE .

8. dhh712

dhh712 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. I've been struggling with depression a lot today and it has helped to read what you've written.

Heart2Soul likes this.
  9. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@dhh712 Here's a good verse also, which encourages me:

"And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God." (1 Samuel 30.6)

Heart2Soul and dhh712 like this.
  10. dhh712

dhh712 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you. It is good to remember when everything seems out of control and to be going badly that our Heavenly Father is in control of all things and is working it for our ultimate good, even though at times it just sure doesn't seem that way. I was listening to a sermon where the pastor was saying that God doesn't rebuke us for feeling sad or grieved at the effects of sin in our lives, but he does for being scared and overly worried (I think some concern for things is appropriate). He calls us to trust in him, though it may be difficult, to lean on him, be courageous by his strength. Sometimes all I can do is in a sense "close my eyes" and cling to Jesus in the dark times.

Heart2Soul, Lambano and farouk like this.
  11. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@dhh712 Here's another good - and similar quote; this time from Job 13.15: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him".

12. amigo de christo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    SPOT ON RIGHT MY FRIEND . THOUGH HE SLAY ME , YET I WILL TRUST IN HIM . Let all that draweth breath praise and thank the glorious
    Lord .

13. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Great verse there in Job, indeed...............

amigo de christo likes this.
  14. amigo de christo

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Farouk and all , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

15. David H.

David H. Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is a good example that we need to take to heart, It is not us that ministers to others, But God with us, the Holy Ghost. We have no control of who receives the word, But we must plant those seeds in people that they will one day be opened to receive those words. This happens not only in preaching the Gospel but also in fellowship with other believers.... Sometimes a Word placed in your heart from a brother and sister in Christ will not mean anything until one day the Holy Ghost opens up this truth to you.

stunnedbygrace and Heart2Soul like this.
  16. dhh712

dhh712 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you. That is my favorite, and D.H. Hill liked that one too. I was writing a historical fiction biography about his life and that's what I was going to title it: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him". I figure though, since it's the only book I've ever been able to come up with a title for, I'll certainly never finish it.

17. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@dhh712 Even the exercise of writing it can be a deep blessing..................

dhh712 likes this.
  18. dhh712

dhh712 Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yeah, it really is. Very rewarding.