New Commandments of Jesus in the New Covenant which too sum up to the foundational two commandments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
The New which magnifies and uphold the Old in a better Light set by the Lord.

For it is written, "He that hath My commandments, and keepth them, he it is that loveth Me: ...................................... He that loveth Me not keepth not my sayings: ............................."

If the church abide not nor are doer to His commandments and sayings, do not love Him, nor have Him and the FATHER. (2John1:9-11)

So, what is manifesting in such churches, seemingly like the presence of the FATHER and Son ? (2Corinthians11:13-15)

When the commanment was given to Adam, was it compromisable and Adam got away with it ?

No!

Do now Christians because of grace and truth, can compromise and get away with it ?

No! (Matthew7:21-27)

Now to start, every church have a meeting place to pray, whether in a building, house or street corners. So, what did Jesus say and give commandment in regards the conduct of prayer ?

Thank you

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer is personal. Speaking our prayers aloud and fussing with how well we do it so that we are admired for our great oratory is not biblical. Yeshua spoke of the Pharisees doing that with criticism.

If nothing else, group prayers are now expected since this is the norm. I'm not saying it is bad, but the motive might be.

Our love and obedience to the things Yeshua taught reveals the reality (or lack) of our relationship.

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer is personal. Speaking our prayers aloud and fussing with how well we do it so that we are admired for our great oratory is not biblical. Yeshua spoke of the Pharisees doing that with criticism.

If nothing else, group prayers are now expected since this is the norm. I'm not saying it is bad, but the motive might be.

Our love and obedience to the things Yeshua taught reveals the reality (or lack) of our relationship.
Very good observation!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia

Thank you for the reply, but fairly scripture quote is needed to back up your testimony

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Again, what did Jesus start off by saying in regards prayer, when the disciples asked Him to teach them ?

Please quote and explain, thank you

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Probably seem like non-interesting topics i bring to the table, where there are no participants. Nevertheless, they are of the Lord, and every believers will face the day of reckoning.

Therefore, Jesus started out by saying and is written, "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy FATHER which is in secret; and thy FATHER which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. But when ye pray, use not vain repetition, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your FATHER knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask HIM."

Every, 'thou shal not' or 'Be not ye', in the entire New Testament is the commandments of Lord Jesus Christ.

Many denomination are noncompliance to the very basic commandment of His, in regards prayer. Whereas, in gathering indoors or out, many stand and only a few sit or hardly find one kneel, during prayer. While, furthermore pastors as acrting shepherds themselves, encourage the lambs and sheep of GOD to stand before prayer.

If appointed leaders and citizens of a nation disobey the commanments of their Savior King, aren't they apparently workers of 'lawlessness or iniquities' ?? (Matthew 7:20-23)

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruit."

This topic is not about judging oneself better than others, but rather judging in observation or witnessing. Even to a simple commandment of Jesus, the leaders to the believers of a church are ignorant until today.

Since 2006 i've been attending churches to find any of them comply to this simple commandment of Jesus. Likewise, also testify the others as well and reasonably compliance as believers, so that am sure, am at my temporary home to turn to. But to date, i have become a vagabond, even prior to highlighting them just this one simple non-compliance commandment of Jesus, even pastors.

Apparently, i've have been ignored ever since, and the church continue as they were. Just for the sake of assembly, am now back with a church once i've highlighted New Testament similar non-compliance issues and been ignored. Ironically, this church have undergone such a turn over of believers, that am now seeing new faces. i understand how difficult it was for the Prophets or Apostles then, addressing a nation, a group or an individual.

Just like the parable of Jesus about the renters of a vineyard, where at the end they even had the owner's son killed. They were thinking to themselves of loosing their position, just because the son is going to be the next heir. Even though then, Jesus said to His disciple in regards the scribes and Pharisees, as we in regards the church scribes and Pharisees today.

He said,
"All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." (Matt. 23:2-7)

Brethren, the Apostles in their testament have disciple and address to you personally. That every believer should distinguish in their gathering, between the 'spirit of error' and the 'spirit of truth'. During their time they've witnessed to us in their epistles, about fake churches and representatives sent by them. Even presenting with certified documents by their elders, but on the other hand are 'counterfeits' and 'imposters'.

Probably one may say, it is not such a big deal just because of one simple commandment of Jesus. Well, are we not going to learn by lesson, what happened to Adam and Eve just because of one simple commandment of GOD they disobeyed ??

To conclude, Jesus said, "Your worst enemy will be in your own household."