New FREE eBook Released -> The Genesis CAD Model "And the Word Was Made 3D"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Base12
101G said: ↑
Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." BINGO, John came in the POWER and the "spirit", of, of, of, Elijah. NOT the MAN Elijah. and the Lord Jesus slams the door on any thoughts on Reincarnation...

Base12 said, "The red part I take literal. I believe that we are Body + Soul + Spirit. The Body and Soul are destroyed in the Lake of Fire..."

First thanks for the reply, second, the spirit "of", is not the spirit Elijah itselfdf, but "of". let John tell us if he's the Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead or not. scripture,
John 1:19 "And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?"
John 1:20 "And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ."
John 1:21 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

BINGO, well if John was the Elijah, here he had clear sailing to put to rest if he is Elijah the Tishbite or not, listen to him, "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not." case closed.
that leaves us the Spirit, which goes back to God for another chance...

Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it"
God is not in the refurbish business, as with computers... and here's why we say this listen, what returnes to God, our spirits, are correct. now this,
1 Thessalonians 4:13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope."
1 Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."
now base 12, clearly our spirits return to God, and those spirit are with God. and he is going to return one day and NO, one spirit is not going to be in 3 or 4 bodies, ok, so that right there should put an end to any reincarnation.

John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" (HERE, ONE CANNOT ENTER THE WOMB AGAIN... MEANING NO REINCARNATION, THAT PUTS AN END TO THAT).

base 12 replied: Remember, Jesus never directly answered the question with a definitive Yes/No. Christians assume that answer was no.
However, Job DOES answer the question...
Job 1:21
"And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD"

The word 'Thither' is always a reference to a place (Womb), not a state of being (Naked). Job was literally stating that he will return to his Mother's Womb. Entering a second time.
Stop right there, the womb that he is returning to is the EARTH, the GROUND/DUST. Genesis 3:19 "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." see base 12 Job, you and me and everyone else didn't come into this world fully clothed in a tuxedos, and when we did that tux and our flesh will return to dust.

Let's not forget that John the Baptist already knew who Mary was *before* being born...
Luke 1:41
"And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost"

John already had a memory of people, events and prophecy. I say it came from a previous life.
are you sure? if so John's memory is a little faulty, listen, Matthew 11:1 "And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities."
Matthew 11:2 "Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,"
Matthew 11:3 "And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?"
Matthew 11:4 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:"

maybe it was the leaping action in the womb that maybe he hit his head or something that cause some memory loss?.... :(

In other words John was LARPing and Jesus lied when he said...

Matthew 11:14
"And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come"

Is, is, is. :D
in the spirit/character of, of, of Elijah, our Lord did not lie. see John in the spirit and power of Elijah is with the Lord Jesus the TWO WITNESS :eek:
so no, the Lord Jesus didn't lie, neither John for he is not the man Elijah.

Matthew 3:4 "And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey."

2 Kings 1:8 "And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite."

so no, neither scripture teach Reincarnation

hope that was clear enough.

PICJAG

Base12 said:Look how far the Word of God goes out of its way to teach how similar John and Elijah were... lol.

Those two verses scream Reincarnation to me.

SIMILAR, I could have not said it better, SIMILAR, and not the "SAME".... :D I have two cars that are "SIMILAR", but they are not the same car. are you getting this? SIMILAR is not the SAME. I appreciate the term you used. again thanks.

so still the bible shouts out, no Reincarnation. thanks for the replies.

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my. Lot's to respond to.

Work is getting busy. Forgive me if my responses are delayed.

I'll do this one tonight...

@Base12
John 1:21 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

BINGO, well if John was the Elijah, here he had clear sailing to put to rest if he is Elijah the Tishbite or not, listen to him, "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not." case closed.
So here we have an actual bonafide contradiction in the Bible.

Jesus said that John the Baptist *IS* Elias.
John the Baptist said he *IS NOT* Elias.

How do we resolve the contradiction?

A) Assume the Bible is full of mistakes and errors.
or
B) Assume that either Jesus or John the Baptist lied.

If we choose option 'B', then who was it that lied?

I am of the opinion that John the Baptist lied. Was it intentional? Maybe.

John could have feared for his life and thus said 'no'. Or, it could be a case of not remembering his past life. Most children forget their past lives before they reach teenage years.

Bottom line...

I believe Jesus over John the Baptist.

:cool:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that John the Baptist *IS* Elias.
John the Baptist said he *IS NOT* Elias.

How do we resolve the contradiction?

A) Assume the Bible is full of mistakes and errors.
or
B) Assume that either Jesus or John the Baptist lied.

If we choose option 'B', then who was it that lied?

I am of the opinion that John the Baptist lied. Was it intentional? Maybe.

John could have feared for his life and thus said 'no'. Or, it could be a case of not remembering his past life. Most children forget their past lives before they reach teenage years.

Bottom line...

I believe Jesus over John the Baptist.

First thanks for the reply, second there is no need for us to resolve anything, for it's been resolved in bible and there is no contradiction, John came in the spirit, OR "LIKENESS" or "the characteristics", of Elijah.
let me give you a big revelation that is sitting right in front of you. Elijah the Man is name Elijah... Right. the man John the Baptist is name John Right..... is this the same one MAN? NO, for if it was both would be Name Elijah, or both would be name John. see Elijah is signified by John the Baptise, for he came in the spirit and power of, of, of, Elijah, not Elijah the man, for Elijah as well as Moses were both dead.

now the bible is clear about the dead, Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." NOW LISTEN TO THE VERY NEXT VERSE, Ecclesiastes 9:6 "Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."

I hope you can see that now?

PICJAG.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those of you that are interested, I made a YouTube video of the eBook...

It is just over two and a half hours long.

I am just about done with another eBook called "Ezekiel's Atomic Wheels (and Four Living Forces)".

I will be turning that into a video as well.