New year's resolution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I resolve.....

• ...to read my Bible more...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ...to be more patient...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ...to quit smoking...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ...having quit smoking, not to start again...

• ...(not Sure...)

• ...I don't really believe in new year's resolutions...

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Ladies: to wear less make up LOL

• Ladies: to wear more make up LOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Maybe if I was younger and had a job and had money to burn. LOL I would only want the best artist.
Well, maybe see what happens in the coming year as far as a resolution is concerned. Maybe on your part it's more of an aspiration rather than a firm resolution (maybe a really small one in a suitable placement, wrist, behind the ear, etc., whatever.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I quit smoking for 3 months with a Greensmoke ecig! Unfortunately, I had some stress and began again for almost 5 months now. But I am currently charging all of the batteries so I will be ready to start on it again. I felt so much better for that 3 months! But, I am not convinced that smoking is a sin. I think it might rather be one of those: all things are legal for me but not all things are profitable -that the apostle mentions.
stunnedbygrace:

You said this some weeks ago; so would you be considering trying to quit again as a new year's resolution?

Or maybe you still find it soothes your nerves, so you'll likely still do it a bit longer?

Have a great new year; blessings.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So: who has a new year's resolution?:)
By nature, I am a very goal oriented person-- to a fault. I want to forcefully conquer every mountain myself, knock down every challenge, etc. *I* want to be in charge. *I* am going to handle everything, even if it doesn't look pretty.

So my New Years resolution: is to knock that off. To not have a New Years goal. To acknowledge that I can't climb every mountain myself. To have the humility to ask for help. And to have the humility to say "thy will be done". And to be ok with that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
By nature, I am a very goal oriented person-- to a fault. I want to forcefully conquer every mountain myself, knock down every challenge, etc. *I* want to be in charge. *I* am going to handle everything, even if it doesn't look pretty.

So my New Years resolution: is to knock that off. To not have a New Years goal. To acknowledge that I can't climb every mountain myself. To have the humility to ask for help. And to have the humility to say "thy will be done". And to be ok with that.
There is an option in the poll for those who don't believe in new years' resolutions... :)

Thank-you for your comments...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
(Some ppl, having not quite succeeded in keeping new year's resolutions for 2019, may soon be planing some for 2020...o_O)