Nightmares/Lack of Sleep

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Re. work out; so is there a gym near you? or maybe you got an exercise bike or something; we have one of sorts, but we don't use it as we should...

No, not at all. I wouldn't go to a gym in a million years. Too shy. Don't want to be looked at. I don't want to look at other people. lol They're all closed here anyway.

I use the free workout plans from Darebee. :) I like their meal plans, too.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, not at all. I wouldn't go to a gym in a million years. Too shy. Don't want to be looked at. I don't want to look at other people. lol They're all closed here anyway.

I use the free workout plans from Darebee. :) I like their meal plans, too.
@FluffyYellowDuck People all feel different ways about where and how to exercise, I guess. (Child care is an issue sometimes also, I guess.) A lot of places are closed right now; in our area restaurants are closed for sit down, but open for take out; around here they closed the tattoo parlors months back; opened them up for several months - I think unlike before you had to get appointment to go in.

I guess it's similar in various ways in many places.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck People all feel different ways about where and how to exercise, I guess. (Child care is an issue sometimes also, I guess.) A lot of places are closed right now; in our area restaurants are closed for sit down, but open for take out; around here they closed the tattoo parlors months back; opened them up for several months - I think unlike before you had to get appointment to go in.

I guess it's similar in various ways in many places.

Everything here has been on lock down for a long time. Sit down restaurants aren't allowed. Barbers/salons/everything else is closed. The park was open but with enforced social distancing and who is going to keep kids six feet apart and stay sane at the same time? Schools are still mostly closed in my county. 1st-3rd grade I think is back, but I homeschool anyway.

Hence, if you've heard of it, why you've probably seen people protesting at the governor's mansion. He keeps restarting a new lockdown with nonsensical rules every time one ends.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Everything here has been on lock down for a long time. Sit down restaurants aren't allowed. Barbers/salons/everything else is closed. The park was open but with enforced social distancing and who is going to keep kids six feet apart and stay sane at the same time? Schools are still mostly closed in my county. 1st-3rd grade I think is back, but I homeschool anyway.

Hence, if you've heard of it, why you've probably seen people protesting at the governor's mansion. He keeps restarting a new lockdown with nonsensical rules every time one ends.
@FluffyYellowDuck There is a lot of ongoing talk in the area about what should or should not be open, etc.

All sorts of arguments one way or another; it seems unending, the advice and counter-advice from experts, or those deemed to be such.

Some fear that a lot of restaurants will go out of business if they have to rely for too long on take out trade.

As regards establishments you're probably less familiar with gyms - some of them offer good deals; but you have to like them in the first place - than with tattoo parlors, which you would know, of course.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Re. work out; so is there a gym near you? or maybe you got an exercise bike or something; we have one of sorts, but we don't use it as we should...

You must use it like I use mine, as a coat hanger... :D But, yes...working out for like half hour a day, aerobics, will help with sounder sleep :)

Cinnamon4

Jan 15, 2021
Hartford
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been having some dreams that I believe are spiritually influenced and not by God.

They tend to be about people from my past and last night it was one about being stalked/watched. It made me jump and woke me out of a dead sleep at 3 in the morning or so. It wasn't violent. It was just scary. I am so tired.

I haven't been getting enough rest and I have a lot of things I need to tend to.
What do you believe is spiritually influencing your dreams? 3 o clock AM is the witching hour just so you know

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you believe is spiritually influencing your dreams? 3 o clock AM is the witching hour just so you know
I noticed the time as well. There could be several reasons for the timing and nature of the dreams. Dreams such as these may or may not be just a demonic attack.

@FluffyYellowDuck The best way to handle these nightmares is not to fear, and not to brush them aside, but bring them to the Lord and ask Him to reveal what you need to know about them. Meanwhile, it is very good practice to pray and read Scripture before sleeping, commit your entire being into God's hands and ask Him to watch over your dreams.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I mean losing my self and saving my soul.
Neither happen automatically when one is justified.
upload_2021-1-15_16-9-43.png
Losing self and saving soul is a day by day process that happens when:
1. I deny self.
2. I take up my cross.
3. I follow Jesus.
In a nutshell.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey all! typing from my flip phone so it will be short. i will read your responses soon! i just wanted to update with a thank you. i slept great last night but also felt set free from something that's really burdened my heart for a long time. i don't know who did it but after feeling tormented and in emotional bondage for four years it feels like someone prayed the right thing! thanks!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cinnamon spiritual warfare. i was a witch and and had a visitation where God told me to give up my witchcraft. the rest is probably unbelievable

Cinnamon4

Jan 15, 2021
Hartford
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cinnamon spiritual warfare. i was a witch and and had a visitation where God told me to give up my witchcraft. the rest is probably unbelievable
Were you a good witch like the one who gave Dorothy the ruby slippers, or a bad witch like the one that was going to cook Toto?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you a good witch like the one who gave Dorothy the ruby slippers, or a bad witch like the one that was going to cook Toto?
lol they might as well be the same in the end! appearance of good or evil, the power comes from the same place! glad to be free

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I'm reminded of the Whole Armour of God passage in Ephesians 6...
I tried for years to pray it away and trying to "cast demons out" by my own authority, like all of the "prophets" taught. (John Eckhardt, being one who really goes against scripture. I was new. I didn't know.) That whole movement really messed with me in the beginning. Got me into so much trouble.

A couple of years ago, I had a dream about being in a house again and people trying to break in (That's the short version), then for some reason I left the house into the yard and then I saw in front of me this huge, huge tall demonic dark shadow. Then for some reason I turned around and I heard something basically shielding me, I think it was like a bubble - if I remember right, and said to me, "Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." So the thing vanishes.

After that, I studied that scripture and learned from Jesus in the desert along with 2 Corinthians 10:5 :"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Now when I fall under attack, I submit to God. I recite scripture or I worship, and it goes.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I tried for years to pray it away and trying to "cast demons out" by my own authority, like all of the "prophets" taught. (John Eckhardt, being one who really goes against scripture. I was new. I didn't know.) That whole movement really messed with me in the beginning. Got me into so much trouble.

A couple of years ago, I had a dream about being in a house again and people trying to break in (That's the short version), then for some reason I left the house into the yard and then I saw in front of me this huge, huge tall demonic dark shadow. Then for some reason I turned around and I heard something basically shielding me, I think it was like a bubble - if I remember right, and said to me, "Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." So the thing vanishes.

After that, I studied that scripture and learned from Jesus in the desert along with 2 Corinthians 10:5 :"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

Now when I fall under attack, I submit to God. I recite scripture or I worship, and it goes.
@FluffyYellowDuck What wonderful resources prayer and the Scriptures are, for the believer! :)