No coarse joking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul was being fatherly, apostolic, and authoritative in (NIV) Ephesians 5:

1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children.
4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
Focus on the Paraclete of peace dwelling in you. Check your conscience against these things.

Can married couples joke about sex or does this fall under “coarse jesting” too?

That's up to the husband and the wife.

How about sexual humor in TV shows?

If it bothers your conscience, then don't watch it.

Is a Christian allowed to watch something like “South Park” and enjoy and laugh at the sexual humor found in it, or must we disapprove of it?

I did watch a few episodes of South Park. Later, I found it too much and stopped watching.

How about pedophilia jokes? Rape jokes? Bestiality jokes?

No. No. No. I would not listen to these.

Philippians 4:

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:11-12 KJV
11) And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12) For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Much love!