No He Didn't!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over twenty years ago I was fully involved with a major problem in dealing with a caustic, nasty, hate filled individual full of verbal and at times physical assaults. In the beginning I prayed and prayed for God to change this person. I pointed out to Him, (as if He didn't already know), how wrong this person was and all thru this mess I dealt with a "toothache". Dealing with this person lasted multiple years but this "thorn in my side" was ever present. Little by little, the "pain" of my toothache was ratcheted up until finally, I faced it head-on. While parked the "sign" appeared before my eyes! It said: "You want Me to fix this person, to eliminate your pain and discomfort as if you actually had a "toothache"! I know they are treating you like garbage, do you think I'm not aware of everything? You know math. Suppose I fix this one person. What good is THAT going to do when you meet another just like that a week from now? You going to ask me to fix them too? How about I deal with YOU?" I've written about it many times, I've spoken about it many times. You and I can go out "witnessing". We can hand out tracts, give away Bibles and talk about Jesus Christ of Nazareth, sometimes in the worst section of our town and that's all well and good. However...and that's a VERY BIG "HOWEVER", the BEST witnessing we can do is how we conduct ourselves in front of others, including the jerks we encounter in life. God can change someone who irritates us but that's only one person. We will encounter much more than one person each day and if we can learn to deal with those who treat us badly by responding in a GODLY FASHION, then we will learn how to respond in a GODLY FASHION to others even if they aren't treating us badly! Get the point? God may allow us to experience bad things as "school" so we can learn to respond in a God like manner. Somebody calling you names? Keep your mouth shut and don't respond. They treating you badly? No, you don't think of ways to treat them poorly just to "get even". You pray for them and you ask God to help you respond in a way it would bring honor to Him. He knows exactly what is going on in your life and He knows you are reading this right this second. He wants you to grow in the faith and many times, that takes you experiencing bad things so you can learn how to deal with them, the Godly way. As you move forward from here, please don't forget this!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over twenty years ago I was fully involved with a major problem in dealing with a caustic, nasty, hate filled individual full of verbal and at times physical assaults. In the beginning I prayed and prayed for God to change this person. I pointed out to Him, (as if He didn't already know), how wrong this person was and all thru this mess I dealt with a "toothache". Dealing with this person lasted multiple years but this "thorn in my side" was ever present. Little by little, the "pain" of my toothache was ratcheted up until finally, I faced it head-on. While parked the "sign" appeared before my eyes! It said: "You want Me to fix this person, to eliminate your pain and discomfort as if you actually had a "toothache"! I know they are treating you like garbage, do you think I'm not aware of everything? You know math. Suppose I fix this one person. What good is THAT going to do when you meet another just like that a week from now? You going to ask me to fix them too? How about I deal with YOU?" I've written about it many times, I've spoken about it many times. You and I can go out "witnessing". We can hand out tracts, give away Bibles and talk about Jesus Christ of Nazareth, sometimes in the worst section of our town and that's all well and good. However...and that's a VERY BIG "HOWEVER", the BEST witnessing we can do is how we conduct ourselves in front of others, including the jerks we encounter in life. God can change someone who irritates us but that's only one person. We will encounter much more than one person each day and if we can learn to deal with those who treat us badly by responding in a GODLY FASHION, then we will learn how to respond in a GODLY FASHION to others even if they aren't treating us badly! Get the point? God may allow us to experience bad things as "school" so we can learn to respond in a God like manner. Somebody calling you names? Keep your mouth shut and don't respond. They treating you badly? No, you don't think of ways to treat them poorly just to "get even". You pray for them and you ask God to help you respond in a way it would bring honor to Him. He knows exactly what is going on in your life and He knows you are reading this right this second. He wants you to grow in the faith and many times, that takes you experiencing bad things so you can learn how to deal with them, the Godly way. As you move forward from here, please don't forget this!
Matt 5.43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

We are not called to be "doormats" for people to wipe their feet on. That isn't a "witness." That just shows that Christians are naive and stupid.

But we are called to be consistent, to have the same love in hard times as in easy times. Let's be who we want to be...all the time! Thanks for a good word!

Radio Waves

Oct 1, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 5.43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

We are not called to be "doormats" for people to wipe their feet on. That isn't a "witness." That just shows that Christians are naive and stupid.

But we are called to be consistent, to have the same love in hard times as in easy times. Let's be who we want to be...all the time! Thanks for a good word!
Thanks for the response! There are no Biblical passages which call upon us to set up "boundaries" although that is a "pop-psych" way of doing things. God allows us to experience all types of people and it could just be that person who is being a jerk to us needs to see Christian-like response. It isn't being stupid. It is showing what Christian love is all about and also very much remembering our battle isn't against people but with powers and principalities (Eph 6:12).

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! There are no Biblical passages which call upon us to set up "boundaries" although that is a "pop-psych" way of doing things. God allows us to experience all types of people and it could just be that person who is being a jerk to us needs to see Christian-like response. It isn't being stupid. It is showing what Christian love is all about and also very much remembering our battle isn't against people but with powers and principalities (Eph 6:12).
Right, being and acting like a "Christian" is something we should do and be consistently--all the time. It's liberal Christians who try to "love their enemies" by inviting a criminal to dinner, or by giving Hamas terrorists a "pass." ;)