no one knoweth the day or the hour

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Selene said:
Perhaps, the best way to live is to pretend that the Lord is coming tomorrow. If we believe that He comes tomorrow, I'm sure we would all be in our best behavior. :)
I'm not sure that is possible? How many of us would get any sleep tonight if we actually believed he was returning tomorrow? :)
Its a nice thought though.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
veteran said:
Explain this then...
Rev 3:3
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(KJV)
Sure. Let's look at that verse in context:

Revelation 3:1-3 :
To the angel of the church in Sardis write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Now, what was the question again?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Dodo_David said:
Sure. Let's look at that verse in context:

Revelation 3:1-3 :

Now, what was the question again?
So, you believe Christ's Messages to the 7 Churches in Asia were for THEIR time only???

Sounds like you may have succumbed to the Church Ages doctrine from men that is not Biblical.

Let's just see... what men's doctrines on the 'Church Ages' theory of men divise to try and make Christ's Faithful ones miss...

Rev 3:2-6
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.
6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
(KJV)

Where else did our Lord Jesus give that idea to be on watch for His coming? Here for one of several...

Rev 16:15
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
(KJV)

He gave us that within the 6th Vial timing. There's both ideas again, His coming as a thief, and His command for us to be on watch. Apostle Paul gave that same warning also, in 1 Thess.5 and 2 Cor.11 about remaining a "chaste virgin" with Christ as our betrothed Husband in the spiritual sense.

So what was it YOU were saying???

Jane_doe

Aug 10, 2013
USA
Brother Brian said:
can we know the day or hour, or is this statement for the children of darkness.
micah I think. for god does nothing without revealing it first thru the prophets, ( I cant find this scripture so help please)

you thots will do but scripture proves

BB
Listen to the words of Jesus Christ, But of that day and hour no one knoweth. Matthew 24:36.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Anna Maria said:
Listen to the words of Jesus Christ, But of that day and hour no one knoweth. Matthew 24:36.
Then you must be able to explain this...

Rev 3:2-6
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Brother Brian said:
can we know the day or hour, or is this statement for the children of darkness.
micah I think. for god does nothing without revealing it first thru the prophets, ( I cant find this scripture so help please)

you thots will do but scripture proves

BB
If you have a hard time finding scripture use the Gateway Bible search

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/

you can even type in exact phrase ... "Day or Hour" ... and it will find all the scriptures for you

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=day+or+hour+&version1=NIV&searchtype=phrase&resultspp=100

Here is an index to find every book and chapter in the bible

http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/New-International-Version-NIV-Bible/