No Person on Earth Can Actually "Know Jesus."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stegley

Jun 24, 2015
Scripture is the most complete set of facts we have about Jesus. Being supernaturally glorified, and at the same time as a man having spoken so many things which no person can either understand or obey, Jesus has allowed only a few rudamentary things ABOUT Him to be known by Believers on Earth. Of course, up in Heaven Believers will actually know Him. But, not today.

Confirmation of this can be seen in:

1.) Even after living with Jesus for three years, listening to both His teachings and esoteric explanations, The Disciples did not know Him. After His Crucifixion, they returned to fishing, and at first disbelieved the reports of His resurrection. How can anyone today know Jesus without seeing Him any better than when the Disciples did see Him?

2.) John the Revelator had to have a personal vision and a trip to Heaven in order to gain updated information about Jesus. Nobody today has had an in kind visit to Heaven or such a vision, and John's Revelation cannot be understood in any manner such that a consensus unity about it exists.

3.) When a person today does claim to "Know Jesus," what they know of Him does not exceed what is stated ABOUT Him in The Bible.

The point of this is that nobody can actually KNOW Jesus today, but can only know a few things ABOUT Him, and nothing more than what Scripture states. Reading information about a person does not mean we know them first hand. Even if The Holy Spirit seems to give some ... "feelings" ... or some sort of ... "insights" ... about Jesus, those feelings and insights must line up with Scripture.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stegley said:
Scripture is the most complete set of facts we have about Jesus. Being supernaturally glorified, and at the same time as a man having spoken so many things which no person can either understand or obey, Jesus has allowed only a few rudamentary things ABOUT Him to be known by Believers on Earth. Of course, up in Heaven Believers will actually know Him. But, not today.

Confirmation of this can be seen in:

1.) Even after living with Jesus for three years, listening to both His teachings and esoteric explanations, The Disciples did not know Him. After His Crucifixion, they returned to fishing, and at first disbelieved the reports of His resurrection. How can anyone today know Jesus without seeing Him any better than when the Disciples did see Him?

2.) John the Revelator had to have a personal vision and a trip to Heaven in order to gain updated information about Jesus. Nobody today has had an in kind visit to Heaven or such a vision, and John's Revelation cannot be understood in any manner such that a consensus unity about it exists.

3.) When a person today does claim to "Know Jesus," what they know of Him does not exceed what is stated ABOUT Him in The Bible.

The point of this is that nobody can actually KNOW Jesus today, but can only know a few things ABOUT Him, and nothing more than what Scripture states. Reading information about a person does not mean we know them first hand. Even if The Holy Spirit seems to give some ... "feelings" ... or some sort of ... "insights" ... about Jesus, those feelings and insights must line up with Scripture.
Stegley,

I find that what you have stated here contravenes these Scriptures:
  • “This is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” (John 17:3).
  • “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20).
To KNOW Him involves more than knowing facts about him. It involves being in relationship with Him, a member of the Triune God. Getting to know him more and more in that relationship does not involve "feelings" about him.

Oz

Stegley

Jun 24, 2015
OzSpen said:
Stegley,

I find that what you have stated here contravenes these Scriptures:
  • “This is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent” (John 17:3).
  • “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20).
To KNOW Him involves more than knowing facts about him. It involves being in relationship with Him, a member of the Triune God. Getting to know him more and more in that relationship does not involve "feelings" about him.

Oz

Stegley

Jun 24, 2015
Ozspern,

Are you not quite able to say things regarding your knowledge of Jesus which exceed what is given in Scripture about Him?

If you do not understand this question, I can easily restate it to accommodate your needs. Okay? Just try to focus the topic here. Remember, no person today actually has Everlasting Life yet, so they do not yet know Jesus yet.

Then, the other verse also needs an explanation to your heart. John in 5:20 is speaking of his contporaries, "us/we," having received understanding, not you or today's illinformed and deluded Christians. John does not say you have received understanding. And, that can be proved by your inability to say anything about Jesus beyond the few basic things written in Scripture ABOUT Him. As well, you cannot even understand what Jesus said in His Sermon on the Mount. That means you do not know Him.

Remember, you will not be going to Hell just for not knowing Jesus beyond what Scripture says about Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you not quite able to say things regarding your knowledge of Jesus which exceed what is given in Scripture about Him?
Lets re iterate,

Joh_10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh_10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And again as Jesus said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

We have Jesus, God and teh Holy spirit but what is it teh bible says,

Rom_8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

We have all we need to know God if we desire too.

In All His Love