No Salvation Without Works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

Robert from what you are sharing it looks to me like an list of demands, (which it may not be but it is you sharing your perspective and I respect that), to adhere to in order to first be made right with God.

When it is faith in Jesus that comes by hearing the word needs to be fed to others and others may seek and learn and grow in the knowledge of God. (Jesus is the one who allows us to have access to the Father, and citizenship into heaven, he also gives the Holy Spirit.)

(Romans 5:1-5) Therefore justified in faith.

Which considering they now believe the Gospel of Christ, they are given the Holy Spirit of God that will start work on their heart and mind as the individually seek him God in faith, by the spirit, and by praying, by using the Bible.

(just my two cents I could be wrong)

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
The "justification" Paul spoke of in Rom. 5:1-5 concerns being forgiven of sins. Under no circumstance was Paul preaching a theology that was devoid of the responsibility to live according to God's commandments. The existence of sin logically shows an existing responsibility to keep God's commandments since sin is defined in scripture as violating those same commandments.

If you had to pay a fine for speeding, does that mean you should continue disregarding speed limit signs, or does it mean you should do a better job at honoring what is posted on those signs? The gospel of Christ does NOT exclude obedience, hence Christ repeatedly preaching repentance and warning about the consequences that awaits the people who refuse to repent.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have heard a few folks on this forum teach that there are two groups of Christians.

Christians who have never been saved.

Christians who are saved.

Really? That's interesting.
I have never heard that one before............

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? That's interesting.
I have never heard that one before............

If you are not being sarcastic then me neither.
Not until recently.
Never heard that some believe there are unsaved christians in the new testament that have never been saved.

If anyone that believes this reads this.
Please give book, chapter and verse for some evidence.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are friends of those who reject Bible teachings simply to have friends, or to be liked.

It is something to see 'Christians' show their carnal mindedness so openly. They say things that are so plainly counter to the word of God, that they confirm they do not read the words on the pages as being God's truth to obey, but are only ideals to think about and perhaps approximate from time to time.

When someone actually tries to condemn a teaching of Scripture, because it's not very popular, we are taken aback, because such a concern never occurred to us.

Being popular with sinners is not assurance of salvation at all.

Christians don't say things that counter the word of God Rob. Sure they might mess up in ignorance, but Jesus' followers teach all the things he commanded, if they are saying something in error, the error should be exposed sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian forum so most of the participants are Christians. The "likes" indicate how many of the participants agree with your posts. It is a reasonable indication of the acceptance of your position by other Christians. You're twisting the discussion to "those who hated Jesus will also hate me". That is a straw man argument.

It is simply a Biblical fact sir, stated by Jesus no less. I definitely do not agree that someone who claims to be a Christian makes him a Christian. Christians obey the Law of the Christ and are easily identified by their teachings especially. They have to live the faith as well.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "justification" Paul spoke of in Rom. 5:1-5 concerns being forgiven of sins. Under no circumstance was Paul preaching a theology that was devoid of the responsibility to live according to God's commandments. The existence of sin logically shows an existing responsibility to keep God's commandments since sin is defined in scripture as violating those same commandments.

If you had to pay a fine for speeding, does that mean you should continue disregarding speed limit signs, or does it mean you should do a better job at honoring what is posted on those signs? The gospel of Christ does NOT exclude obedience, hence Christ repeatedly preaching repentance and warning about the consequences that awaits the people who refuse to repent.
Well said.

The gospel of Christ does NOT exclude obedience, hence Christ repeatedly preaching repentance and warning about the consequences that awaits the people who refuse to repent.

Salvation does not exclude obedience. This whole thread is to debunk the lie of a salvation by faith of hearing only, that is before, apart, and entirely independent of obeying Him. If salvation begins independent of obedience to the faith, then it will always remain independent of doing the will of God: disobedience souls are saved, so long as they still 'agree' Jesus is Lord and do not curse His name.

If you had to pay a fine for speeding,

Them that preach they have no responsibility nor part in their salvation, other than to agree with the gospel, would put it this way: He paid for all our traffic fines past, present, and future at the cross.

Once someone believes that, then they are home free: a lifetime get-out-of-hell-free card. They agree there is a race to run, but not for their soul's sake, and so whether run lawfully or unlawfully or not has nothing to do with attaining to the resurrection of the just.

They literally think to separate their 'saved' soul and spirit from the deeds of the body and are not more responcilbe for their continued life of sins, because that can't be judged for them.

They are saved from judgment of their sins, not from their sins.

does that mean you should continue disregarding speed limit signs,

Scripturally it means we of all people ought be doing it right:

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

God' command for all men to repent doesn't end by 'agreeing with Him' that He is right and we ought to. They literally think agreeing with Him, that sin is sinful, they are then justified with Him. Actually doing it is not necessary for salvation. It is 'beneficial' for fellowship only.

The doctrine of justification by works exposes the corrupt hearers-only doctrine of salvation: We are being saved and forgiven of past sins with a completely new beginning upon believing Jesus is the Christ in the heart, and proof that His faith is in indeed in our hearts is when we love and obey Him with the heart in deed and in truth.

Until we obey Him with the heart, our faith has yet to be buried fruitfully in the heart and remains only in the ears.

If we hear and agree but do not obey, then the devil immediately takes away the word sown in the heart, and the only thing remaining is a knowledge of what was heard: knowing He knocked only without opening the door.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always thought that once a person comes to Christ, repented, accepted what He did on the Cross, that person becomes a new person and all things will be new, a transformation explained as to be born again and to be saved. I always thought that after this "works" would come as a result of being born again. That's how I experience it in my own life including the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.
All of this received by God's Power. But I guess according to some of you, this does not work. What Christ did in my life, according to some of you was not enough, now I have to work for my salvation, i.o.w God failed to do what His plan was....it was not enough for Christ to suffer and be beating on that tree. Some of you are saying that being obedient 100% is the gate to salvation. I am saying being obedient (works) comes as a result of my salvation. Anyhow, this is what my position has been since I became a Christian in 1981, I I remember very well the date, place and time, it changed my life from dark to light. And I don't hope I am saved, because I know I am saved. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not being sarcastic then me neither.
Not until recently.
Never heard that some believe there are unsaved christians in the new testament that have never been saved.

If anyone that believes this reads this.
Please give book, chapter and verse for some evidence.
What they believe is two different kinds of Christians: regular believers vs elect saints.

Those who do go on to perfection to purify their hearts and do His righteousness are them chosen in the resurrection to reign with Him forever.

Those who do not and are found wanting at His coming are still resurrected as believers, but their 'reward' is to be servants forever only.

Sample:

...otherwise we can get disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven and become a castaway ( 1 Corinthians 9:24-26 ) as in left behind to die, but the spirits will be with the Lord ( 2 Corinthians 5:7-11 ) to await their resurrection after the great tribulation in becoming vessels of wood & earth; the vessels unto dishonor that are in His House to serve the King of kings on earth.

I have begun to save this stuff in open files, because it is so hard to believe, that unless we read it for ourselves, we would have never thought it possible any 'believer' could come up with something so foolish.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always thought that once a person comes to Christ, repented, accepted what He did on the Cross, that person becomes a new person and all things will be new, a transformation explained as to be born again and to be saved. I always thought that after this "works" would come as a result of being born again. That's how I experience it in my own life including the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.
All of this received by God's Power. But I guess according to some of you, this does not work. What Christ did in my life, according to some of you was not enough, now I have to work for my salvation, i.o.w God failed to do what His plan was....it was not enough for Christ to suffer and be beating on that tree. Some of you are saying that being obedient 100% is the gate to salvation. I am saying being obedient (works) comes as a result of my salvation. Anyhow, this is what my position has been since I became a Christian in 1981, I I remember very well the date, place and time, it changed my life from dark to light. And I don't hope I am saved, because I know I am saved. Plain and simple.
But I guess according to some of you, this does not work. What Christ did in my life, according to some of you was not enough, now I have to work for my salvation, i.o.w God failed to do what His plan was....it was not enough for Christ to suffer and be beating on that tree. Some of you are saying that being obedient 100% is the gate to salvation.

If I am one of these 'some of you', then I don't mind being accused of something. I don't even mind if it is a false accusation. That means nothing to me.

What I do mind are people who make accusations without supplying any evidence of doing something they claim is being done.

They are providing no correction in the faith at all. They are not being ministers of righteousness in any way.

So, if I am one of the 'some of you', show me where I said such things. Or show how I implied it.

Perhaps I have put things wrongly, or perhaps you are not reading them rightly.

Christians correct and exhort one another with honesty and sincerity of heart.

And so, being born of the Spirit of truth, as you claim, you will certainly take the time to do so, since you have already taken the time to make accusations about 'some of us'.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

We are never saved by any works of our own righteousness, which we have done as sinners of the world, before believing and obeying the gospel of the cross with the heart.

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

We remain servants to sin, even after hearing the gospel, until we obey the gospel to purify our hearts from lust of the world.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Our faith by hearing is not justified, until we obey and do the faith to cleanse the inside of the heart that the outside may then be clean in deed and in truth.

Otherwise, we are religious hypocrites of Christianity, that hear with the ears only, but do not obey in the heart.

There is no salvation before and apart from having a pure heart of faith by obeying the faith.

There is no justification before and apart from we have done the work of His righteousness by His faith.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I am one of the some of you, then show me where I said such things. Or show how I implied it.

I gave my opinion and related my experience in regards to what I have been reading here on this thread.
As far as what you call "accusations" .....my aim was not to accuse anyone.
Whom the cap fits, let him wear it, Robert.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave my opinion and related my experience in regards to what I have been reading here on this thread.
As far as what you call "accusations" .....my aim was not to accuse anyone.
Whom the cap fits, let him wear it, Robert.
Your response has no integrity.

My advice is you stick with giving your experiences and beliefs, and stay away from criticizing those of others, unless you also want to show how and why.

I don't mind being disagreed with at all. In fact, I look for good correction. But you are not wearing that kind of cap.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And so your response has no integrity.

Well, that's your opinion.
Thank you.
I stick to what I said before after re-reading this thread again.

Re:
No Salvation Without Works

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is no salvation before and apart from hearing and obeying His word to open the door and receive Him into our hearts.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross, 2000 Yrs ago.

To get this applied to you.....= "he that believes in me. Jesus said......i give unto them Eternal Life".

The bumper sticker says..

"If you take Jesus, God takes you"

Jesus said you = ""come to the father by HIM.....He is the only WAY". John 14:6

That way is the Cross.
Kneel there, trusting in Jesus to be your Savior, and God will accept your faith and instantly make you His eternal SON.
"faith is counted as righteousness"...."justification by Faith".

This is to be "BORN AGAIN">

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no salvation for not running the race lawfully, much less for them that have not even begun to run obediently.
Are you running the race lawfully? Posting false doctrine is a part of not running the race properly, and contradicting God and Christ is also not running the race properly. So you are already in big trouble, my friend: And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. (Mark 9:42). Take heed of this warning! These are the words of Christ.

What are more of the words of Christ? That is what we must adhere to. So here is what He has said in just one chapter of the Bible:
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. (John 6:29)... And Jesus said unto them, I am the Bread of Life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. (John 6:35)... And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.(John 6:40)... Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that Bread of Life. (John 6:47,48)... I am the Living Bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live for ever: and the Bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. (John 6:51)... This is that Bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this Bread shall live for ever. (John 6:58)

Your posts are offending the ones who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and been saved. You are constantly misinterpreting Scripture and contradicting Christ.

Reactions: Triumph1300